Don Imus Is Out, but Nobody's In

Don Imus Is Out, but Nobody's In

There are 3 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 14, 2007, titled Don Imus Is Out, but Nobody's In. In it, Newsday reports that:

When it comes to finding a permanent replacement for Don Imus, only one thing appears certain: David Lee Roth is not a candidate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

lulu

Levelland, TX

#1 Jun 14, 2007
Nobody will ever replace Imus. He was a law unto himself, and thats what made his show work. No one can duplicate it. It was a huge tactical error to fire him instead of censuring him. It's like getting rid of the cash cow because it gave too much milk.
Barry Fleckmann

Toms River, NJ

#2 Jun 15, 2007
lulu wrote:
Nobody will ever replace Imus. He was a law unto himself, and thats what made his show work. No one can duplicate it. It was a huge tactical error to fire him instead of censuring him. It's like getting rid of the cash cow because it gave too much milk.
There was a time when Don Imus WAS funny (the WNBC days, of the 70's and 80's), but Imus BECAME a cranky, old, tired-out, grumpy, frumpy, belligerent, nasty, obnoxious man, in his later years. There were times when it was embarrassing for me to watch him (yeah, I used to watch him) on the MSNBC simulcast.
Whenever the "I-Man" would put his foot in his mouth (the Rutgers Women's Basketball team WASN'T his first offense), I'd look at Charles McCord, and you could tell from his demeanor, and the expression on his face, that HE knew Don had gone a little too far, too. Don Imus BECAME a "walking, talking time-bomb." Believe me, NOBODY is irreplaceable; they'll find a suitable replacement for "I-Man," in time. In relatively short order, you'll be saying to yourself, "Don 'Who?'"
VoteVets org

New York, NY

#3 Jun 15, 2007
Petition: CBS Must Re-Hire General Batiste
http://tinyurl.com/2ekzrh

It took CBS two weeks to fire Don Imus for racist and misogynistic comments, but it only took them two days to fire respected General John Batiste for speaking out against the president on the war.
It's censorship, pure and simple. We're aiming to get over 100,000 messages demanding that CBS re-hire Major General Batiste by the end of the week. Can you help?
http://pol.moveon.org/pac/batiste/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amusement park will not open again 2 hr tickets please 4
IS it ok: To shot a Cop if you fear for your life? 23 hr Dave 4
austin s and rap wigger b Wed pinochu 3
Gossip Tue Sheriff 5
Trump sighting in Camden Mon Village resident 2
Osceola Hotel serving Minors (Feb '12) Dec 5 fred 62
Trailer Park and Stray Cats Dec 5 Dave 11

Cleveland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance