Lake Norman High School

Posted in the Cleveland Forum

LNHS Parent

Albemarle, NC

#1 Dec 1, 2008
When will the redistricting lines be finalized?
LNHS Mother

Gastonia, NC

#2 Jan 30, 2009
LNHS Parent wrote:
Just curious about why your user name is LNHS Parent, but under that is Monroe, NC. Are you planning to move into the LNHS area? If so, be careful about where you purchase or rent. The last I heard, they were talking about sending students that live NORTH of Highway 150 and some of the students in the Lakeshore ES/MS areas to South Iredell HS. A lot of parents from the Perth Road and Lakeshore areas have been fighting the change, but I have not heard if there has been a final decision. Has anyone else heard any news?
LNHS Mother

Gastonia, NC

#3 Jan 30, 2009
THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! to Norma Robinson who is one of the Guidance Counselors at Lake Norman High School. My daughter withdrew from Pine Lake Prep and returned to LNHS in mid January, 2009. Norma Robinson made what could have been a difficult situation so very easy. Norma is so wonderful and cares so very much about her students. Each guidance counselor has a very large number of students, but Norma makes each student feel special. The next time you or your student sees one of the guidance counselors, please remember to thank them for all the extra time and effort they put into their jobs.
good

Manchester, KY

#4 Jan 30, 2009
I'm glad things worked out for you!
awesome

Manchester, KY

#5 Feb 1, 2009
I hope everything works out!
LNHS

London, KY

#6 Feb 1, 2009
I love Norma Robinson!!!
parentof3

Mooresville, NC

#7 Feb 10, 2009
LNHS Parent wrote:
There is another redistricting meeting soon. I was just on the Iredell Statesville School website and I can't believe all the great choices! I love the 5 year dual high school/college program after which time your child graduates with an associates degree and two years of college for free. Wow! Take a look it's all very interesting.
LNHS Grad

Boone, NC

#8 Feb 19, 2009
LNHS is about all about the drugs... Watch ur kids.
Mom

Ellerbe, NC

#9 Feb 20, 2009
LNHS Grad wrote:
LNHS is about all about the drugs... Watch ur kids.
I disagree, I have two boys in college and 1 coming up in Middle School all of which graduated or will graduate from LNHS. They are on the Deans list and both(college)play football. Neither drink, smoke or do drugs. If you raise your children with the right values and they have a good self esteem, they don't feel the need to do drugs to "fit in". I am very proud of my kids and their accomplishments at LNHS. Remember there are drugs in EVERY school. It's your job as a parent to teach them it's alright to say "NO"!
LAKE Norman High Rocks

Mooresville, NC

#10 Feb 23, 2009
I work there. Drugs are everywhere.You can not keep your child in a bubble. Kids are exposed to everything in highschool.LNHS has an awesome staff. They are there to make sure our kids get a good education. PLP will have problems to!
LAKE Norman High Rocks

Mooresville, NC

#11 Feb 23, 2009
I meant to say that drugs can be found in all aspects of society. The school seems to be prepared to meet these challenges.
Mooresville

Mooresville, NC

#12 Feb 24, 2009
LAKE Norman High Rocks wrote:
I meant to say that drugs can be found in all aspects of society. The school seems to be prepared to meet these challenges.
I agree, there are drugs at every school in every state! Your child has to learn right from wrong, it's just plain & simple! Most kids learn that there are other ways to have fun that don't involve alcohol & drugs. Others, well they're the one's I feel sorry for these days!
MovingToMooresvi lle

Mount Pleasant, SC

#13 Aug 3, 2009
I'm curious as to whether there's been any decisions made re: students living north of 150 possibly being rezoned. This is the first I've heard of this. We're getting ready to relocate to Mooresville and have found a potential home in the Perth area. I have my heart set on the kids attending Lakeshore and LKN High!
LNHS Mother wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious about why your user name is LNHS Parent, but under that is Monroe, NC. Are you planning to move into the LNHS area? If so, be careful about where you purchase or rent. The last I heard, they were talking about sending students that live NORTH of Highway 150 and some of the students in the Lakeshore ES/MS areas to South Iredell HS. A lot of parents from the Perth Road and Lakeshore areas have been fighting the change, but I have not heard if there has been a final decision. Has anyone else heard any news?
Former SIHS mom

Mooresville, NC

#14 Dec 2, 2009
DO NOT hesitate to send your child to SIHS. The boundaries were changed before he started HS. He was switched to SIHS. At first I was upset. His experience in the 4 years at South were great1 It was a small school environment- approx 800 kids. Everyone knew every one. The principle sat and ate lunch with kids- "he was one of them" The school resource officer also knew everyone, My son ended up graduating early. He loved his High school experience.
im the student

Mooresville, NC

#15 Sep 23, 2011
is it possible to attend LNHS while living in another county
LNHS Student

Statesville, NC

#16 Oct 14, 2011
Lake Norman High School is a bit on druggy side but so far i havent touched a cigarate or any drug and its my senioryear but they do have alot more classes than other schools in iss i did attened pine lake prep for softmore and junior but that school is just a mess and left half way throgh junior year check out there forum
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/mooresville-n...
i heard once a student a day for one week left
Big Bill

Lincolnton, NC

#17 Oct 20, 2011
LNHS Student- you need to go back to 4th grade!
Name

Cornelius, NC

#18 Apr 28, 2013
After reading a lot of press from 2011 until recently looks like the lnhs student had some better insight than most would have liked to admit.
lkn student

New York, NY

#19 Apr 26, 2014
Drugs are fun&#128512;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sirens Tue Jean 1
this is a notice, not a discussion Mar 18 GET IT STRAIGHT 1
Review: Teasers Mar 14 ALEXISBROOKWARD 1
Performance at South Iredell High School Mar 13 MPans 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Costi Kutteh as Mayor? (Feb '12) Mar 12 Margaret 7
looking for my adopted mother Mar 11 hwassil6884 1
please help find my adopted mom Mar 11 hwassil6884 1
More from around the web

Cleveland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]