TSF

Clayton, NC

#39948 May 12, 2013
It would be interesting to find out who instructed IRS agents in Cincinnati to target anyone.
waco1909 wrote:
Benghazi is taking off, and the IRS admits targeting conservative groups....this can't be good for the dems....

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#39949 May 12, 2013
TSF wrote:
It would be interesting to find out who instructed IRS agents in Cincinnati to target anyone.
<quoted text>
No matter which party does it, using IRS as political weapon CAN'T BE ALLOWED!!!
TSF

Clayton, NC

#39950 May 12, 2013
The shenanigans are rampant on both sides

Washington Republicans Try To Fire Supreme Court Judges By Making Them Draw Straws

By Aviva Shen on Mar 7, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Angry over a recent Washington Supreme Court decision finding the state must put more funds into basic education, GOP state lawmakers are proposing the additional money come from downsizing the state Supreme Court to 5 justices from 9. Senate Bill 5867, sponsored by failed US Senate candidate state Sen. Michael Baumgartner (R-WA), would make the justices draw straws to decide who had to hang up their robes:

“On June 30, 2013, all existing judges of the state supreme court, shall meet in public to cast lots by drawing straws,” the bill says.“Effective July 1,2013, the positions of the four judges casting losing lots by drawing the shortest straws shall be terminated.”

The bill’s sponsor, state Sen. Michael Baumgartner, said the job cuts could save about $1.5 million in salary and administrative costs.

“Every dollar we save by eliminating these four positions would be automatically funneled to K-12 education to help meet the guidelines the Supreme Court laid out in the McCleary decision,” Baumgartner said in a news release.

In the education case, McCleary v. State of Washington, 7 justices decided the state was failing to uphold a constitutional obligation to fully fund basic education. The decision stated that education was the “paramount” obligation, and funding cannot be cut purely to mitigate the state’s budget shortfall. To this end, the court now requires annual reports of progress by the Legislature. Eliminating 4 seats, as Baumgartner proposed, would almost definitely take out at least some of the offending justices.

The bill was introduced just a week after the court dealt conservatives another blow; a 6-3 decision invalidated a requirement that two-thirds of the Legislature must agree to any tax increase.
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> No matter which party does it, using IRS as political weapon CAN'T BE ALLOWED!!!

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#39951 May 12, 2013
What else is new.
TSF

Clayton, NC

#39952 May 12, 2013
The day that either party gains the upper hand will be a sad day for the USA. Right now nationally , we have the extreme right wing nut tea party neocons pretty much balanced by the extreme left wing nut la de da liberals. North Carolina is an example of giving either party total control and sending the entire government down an Alice in Wonderland rabbit hole.
waco1909 wrote:
After two terms, the dems seen to think that they have things all sewed up.Recent events are proving otherwise.Expect the dems to pay a heavy price in the 2014 midterms, if the republicans regain control of both houses, Obamacare may well be dead in the water, and the liberal renaissance could be aborted as well.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#39953 May 12, 2013
My friend in DHS says we have no idea what is coming.He refurbishes used military equipment for DHS, he says this will become a national militia for DHS.They are buying everything in sight.
Von Haufstettler

Germany

#39954 May 12, 2013
Buffoons
TSF

Clayton, NC

#39955 May 12, 2013

The Department of Homeland Security is under investigation for purchasing large stockpiles of ammunition, days before legislation was introduced that would restrict the amount a government agency can legally buy.

The Government Accountability Office is now conducting the investigation into the alleged DHS purchases, which is “just getting underway,” GAO spokesman Chuck Young told US News & World Report.

DHS officials have repeatedly denied stockpiling ammunition, but AP reports claim that the agency plans to buy more than 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition over the next four or five years, and has already bought 360,000 rounds of hollow point bullets and 1.5 billion rounds in 2012.

DHS claims that it is buying ammo in bulk to save money, but experts have pointed out that hollow point bullets cost nearly twice as much as full metal jacket rounds. They also explode on impact for maximum damage, which has caused some Americans to wonder what purpose they would serve the DHS domestically. Purchasing 1.6 billion rounds of ammo would also give DH
waco1909 wrote:
My friend in DHS says we have no idea what is coming.He refurbishes used military equipment for DHS, he says this will become a national militia for DHS.They are buying everything in sight.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#39956 May 12, 2013
TSF wrote:
The Department of Homeland Security is under investigation for purchasing large stockpiles of ammunition, days before legislation was introduced that would restrict the amount a government agency can legally buy.
The Government Accountability Office is now conducting the investigation into the alleged DHS purchases, which is “just getting underway,” GAO spokesman Chuck Young told US News & World Report.
DHS officials have repeatedly demdemurelyurely stockpiling ammunition, but AP reports claim that the agency plans to buy more than 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition over the next four or five years, and has already bought 360,000 rounds of hollow point bullets and 1.5 billion rounds in 2012.
DHS claims that it is buying ammo in bulk to save money, but experts have pointed out that hollow point bullets cost nearly twice as much as full metal jacket rounds. They also explode on impact for maximum damage, which has caused some Americans to wonder what purpose they would serve the DHS domestically. Purchasing 1.6 billion rounds of ammo would also give DH
<quoted text>
Wonder who they're planning on using those hollow points on....
Caldwell

Salt Lake City, UT

#39957 May 12, 2013
who do you think there is so much corruption within our system that who knows who's next.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#39958 May 12, 2013
Caldwell wrote:
who do you think there is so much corruption within our system that who knows who's next.
THAT'S an awful lot of bullets.Hollow points do a lot of damage.Plus, senior military officers being forced to retire if they say they will not fire on Americans if ordered to do so.
Dianne

Salisbury, NC

#39959 May 13, 2013
Have ALWAYS voted for Burr, but I am done with him. He has done this to himself. NO more votes from me.
A clear path to the call

Lombard, IL

#39961 May 13, 2013
No stupid Raymond Burr.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#39962 May 13, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text>THAT'S an awful lot of bullets.Hollow points do a lot of damage.Plus, senior military officers being forced to retire if they say they will not fire on Americans if ordered to do so.
Adios compadre. My last day of work here is June 14th.

Hope the road rises to meet you, wind is always at your back and the sun shines warmly upon you and Lu's faces.

Keep chasing those sunsets with your best girl beside you. Trust me.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#39963 May 13, 2013
Sivercoastcorks.We will miss you.Hope you can stay in touch, through Topix if nothing else.
TSF

Clayton, NC

#39965 May 14, 2013
Richard Burr , Patrick McHenry and John Boehner---all standing tall for insider trading and tax breaks for the rich..
Dianne wrote:
Have ALWAYS voted for Burr, but I am done with him. He has done this to himself. NO more votes from me.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#39966 May 14, 2013
TSF wrote:
Richard Burr , Patrick McHenry and John Boehner---all standing tall for insider trading and tax breaks for the rich..
<quoted text>
It was over, when the supreme court legalized foreign lobbying.
deejay

Landrum, SC

#39967 May 14, 2013
Truly.
Allen

Lenoir, NC

#39968 May 14, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Triple S, I understand you're sexy.
Who told you that? Or, are you just getting from my User Name?:) Look everybody, emlu the gas planet has lost her waco. Guess he's out looking for a new one. Just like everybody else.
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#39969 May 14, 2013
hello

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sex Dec 14 annasex 1
Chicana mami ! Dec 12 walter 1
Family mourns loss of 2-year-old (Aug '06) Dec 12 Besse 3
Statesville police searching for missing teenag... Dec 12 Besse 1
Debate: Marijuana - Mooresville, NC (Aug '10) Dec 12 Besse 61
e z way auto sales (Nov '08) Dec 8 ambee 31
the local mom squad organizer dustina plyler da... (May '14) Dec 3 LMS 2
Cleveland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web