Freightliner military trucks: Clevela...

Freightliner military trucks: Cleveland or Mount Holly?

There are 2 comments on the The Gaston Gazette story from Jul 8, 2009, titled Freightliner military trucks: Cleveland or Mount Holly?. In it, The Gaston Gazette reports that:

Freightliner asks Rowan County for incentives to build military trucks, but hasn't requested any-thing from Gaston yet July 8, 2009 - 6:33 PM Daniel Jackson Hundreds of people recently laid off from the Freightliner plant in Mount Holly have been hoping for a $16 million government contract, recalling about 400 workers to make military trucks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gaston Gazette.

Juno

Pineville, NC

#1 Jul 10, 2009
Why would they want to pay MH taxes? Others are offering incentives to get jobs. What is MH offering or doing to get or retain industry?
Doug

Charlotte, NC

#2 Jul 13, 2009
Hiring illegals to do city workers jobs...Making the rich people in mt.holly richer.That's what they are doing.Got tax bill for truck last week.It was 250.00 for mt.holly city taxes.I'm sure i'll pay that on time!!!!Mt.Holly sucks!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Arrests made after year-long investigation into... Mon The Tank 1
News Just how expensive will I-77 tolls be? Source: ... May 19 Smack 1
Suspected Pot/Drug users with Minors around on ... (Jun '17) May 15 Ralpf 8
Iredell County DSS (Oct '09) May 15 Creole_54 41
NASCAR for sale May 13 Former Fan 1
Help!!! Does anyone know Cindy (Jun '16) May 11 Todd 4
News Mad Minute stories from Wednesday, November 22nd (Nov '17) May 2 johnny h 2

Cleveland Jobs

Personal Finance

Cleveland Mortgages