Who do you support for Governor in Oh...

Kennesaw71

Since: Mar 11

United States

#4906 Jun 7, 2012
Same as collective bullying.
Dem

Chillicothe, OH

#4911 Jun 7, 2012
"There are those who believe that, if you will only legislate to make the well-to-do prosperous, their prosperity will leak through on those below. The Democratic idea, however, has been that if you legislate to make the masses prosperous, their prosperity will find its way up through every class which rests up on them." Oh yes I'm still waiting on my trickle from Reagon
work

Bergholz, OH

#4914 Jun 7, 2012
Dem wrote:
"There are those who believe that, if you will only legislate to make the well-to-do prosperous, their prosperity will leak through on those below. The Democratic idea, however, has been that if you legislate to make the masses prosperous, their prosperity will find its way up through every class which rests up on them." Oh yes I'm still waiting on my trickle from Reagon
Maybe if you would work more, you might just have more. Democrats and unions want everything handed to them.
mother hubbard

United States

#4915 Jun 7, 2012
I m a dem and in the union and I work hard,so do my Co workers we will stick together in this next election.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#4918 Jun 7, 2012
Dem wrote:
pubes all act as though they are big corporate execs.why would they vote that way when it doesnt benefit them in any way.most of them are brokes ass mo fo"s any way.
That's easily explained. Democrats vote for the person that will give them the most. Republicans vote for the candidate that will do what's fair for all. Occupy Wall Street is a fine example. They want others to pay their way instead of them doing it for themselves. Gimme, gimme, gimme.

"When people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of our Republic."
Benjamin Franklin

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."
John F Kennedy
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#4919 Jun 7, 2012
Dem wrote:
"There are those who believe that, if you will only legislate to make the well-to-do prosperous, their prosperity will leak through on those below. The Democratic idea, however, has been that if you legislate to make the masses prosperous, their prosperity will find its way up through every class which rests up on them." Oh yes I'm still waiting on my trickle from Reagon
And I'll wait for a fine example of how the government can make everybody else prosperous. You don't make people prosperous by giving them a HUD house. You don't make people prosperous by giving them food stamps. You don't make anybody prosperous by giving them welfare when they could otherwise work. You don't make people prosperous by telling them they can have as many kids as they desire and the workers will pay for them.

If somebody gave you a paycheck every week for not working, provided you with all the necessities in life, what's the point of working? That's not making people prosperous--that's making people slaves to the government.
Duke for Mayor

United States

#4920 Jun 7, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
That's easily explained. Democrats vote for the person that will give them the most. Republicans vote for the candidate that will do what's fair for all. Occupy Wall Street is a fine example. They want others to pay their way instead of them doing it for themselves. Gimme, gimme, gimme.
"When people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of our Republic."
Benjamin Franklin
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."
John F Kennedy
wow, I never knew JFK was a Republican.

woof
Duke for Mayor

United States

#4921 Jun 7, 2012
Spookneverdies wrote:
<quoted text>
That is typical of Union firefighters and police ....give us more or we won't save your grandma from the burning house or our job is dangerous (in might choke on a jelly doughnut)
Got any real evidence to support that claim?

woof
Dem

Chillicothe, OH

#4922 Jun 7, 2012
work wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you would work more, you might just have more. Democrats and unions want everything handed to them.
.......... What is wrong w/ you I am not on welfare I work. You think everyone is on welfare except the Repubs. You are a fool and an extremist at that. Repububs have went off the deep end this election. Everything they do is making sure they get back in office to the point of hurting the people in order to hurt the president. This is all about the rich gaining power and not paying their fair share. The greedy bastards want it all for themselves and you are being bam-boozled because they are going to get richer off of you too. No one wants to give Obama credit for all he has done. I'm truly beginning to believe that it is partially because a black man is in office.

Kennesaw71

Since: Mar 11

United States

#4923 Jun 7, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
wow, I never knew JFK was a Republican.
woof
.
Name one thing your modern ilk actually agrees with JFK on.....

Kennesaw71

Since: Mar 11

United States

#4924 Jun 7, 2012
Dem wrote:
<quoted text> .......... What is wrong w/ you I am not on welfare I work. You think everyone is on welfare except the Repubs. You are a fool and an extremist at that. Repububs have went off the deep end this election. Everything they do is making sure they get back in office to the point of hurting the people in order to hurt the president. This is all about the rich gaining power and not paying their fair share. The greedy bastards want it all for themselves and you are being bam-boozled because they are going to get richer off of you too. No one wants to give Obama credit for all he has done. I'm truly beginning to believe that it is partially because a black man is in office.
.
So it is all about wealth envy for ya.... As I stated before, there's only 5 million millionaires in the country. I think its down to 24 millionaires per one thousand households in Ohio now. BTW chinas number of millionaires is growing.
.
Anyway, how in the hell do you expect 24 millionaires to suport 1000 households? You can take all their money, 100% of it and it still won't be a drop in the bucket to supporting 1000 households.... Your trickle up is the biggest dumbass idea there ever was.

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Since: Jan 09

Manchester

#4926 Jun 7, 2012
You have money in play? Money you don't want to lose? Better listen to these former hedge fund managers, who see DIRE, inreversible consequences to what the socialization of our free market systems has done. Economic armageddon, on it's way, inexhorably, relentlessly:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/former-hedge-...
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#4927 Jun 7, 2012
Dem wrote:
<quoted text> .......... What is wrong w/ you I am not on welfare I work. You think everyone is on welfare except the Repubs. You are a fool and an extremist at that. Repububs have went off the deep end this election. Everything they do is making sure they get back in office to the point of hurting the people in order to hurt the president. This is all about the rich gaining power and not paying their fair share.
The top ten percent of wage earners in this country pay 71% of all federal collected taxes. 47% pay no income taxes at all. Who's not paying their fair share again?

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Since: Jan 09

Manchester

#4928 Jun 7, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The top ten percent of wage earners in this country pay 71% of all federal collected taxes. 47% pay no income taxes at all. Who's not paying their fair share again?
BINGO!
Dem

Chillicothe, OH

#4929 Jun 7, 2012
For those unaccustomed to the loopholes and shelters of the corporate tax code, GE's success at avoiding taxes is nothing short of extraordinary. The company, led by Immelt, earned $14.2 billion in profits in 2010, but it paid not a penny in taxes because the bulk of those profits, some $9 billion, were offshore. In fact, GE got a $3.2 billion tax benefit."
Dem

Chillicothe, OH

#4930 Jun 7, 2012
I would urge you to take a look at the Internal Revenue Codes and get back to me. There are about 200 special breaks for the connected not to pay their fair share. Educate yourself.

If you think the super rich even end up paying the 15% you are delusional.

My solution - eliminate ALL breaks except those that essentially apply to virtually everyone. Then set one rate against all income of all types and end this evil system once and for all.

Kennesaw71

Since: Mar 11

United States

#4931 Jun 7, 2012
Your coveted IRS shows that only about 9% of the total revenue collected comes from corporate tax.
.
Why not abolish corporate tax completely and forgive the trillions of dollars in cash held in banks overseas never to come home because of the tyranny of taxes that would rape that wealth?
.
This probably makes your ears bleed as a democrat but it would more than likely eliminate all unemployment en route to 10% economic growth and with the newly created high paying jobs, the 9% drop in total revenue collected would more than be made up for.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4932 Jun 7, 2012
Kennesaw71 wrote:
Your coveted IRS shows that only about 9% of the total revenue collected comes from corporate tax.
.
Why not abolish corporate tax completely and forgive the trillions of dollars in cash held in banks overseas never to come home because of the tyranny of taxes that would rape that wealth?
.
This probably makes your ears bleed as a democrat but it would more than likely eliminate all unemployment en route to 10% economic growth and with the newly created high paying jobs, the 9% drop in total revenue collected would more than be made up for.
Speaking of the IRS the progressive Republicans created the original IRS called the office of Commissioner of Internal Revenue in July of 1863.

Kennesaw71

Since: Mar 11

United States

#4933 Jun 7, 2012
What do you think about abolishing corporate tax Indy?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4934 Jun 7, 2012
Kennesaw71 wrote:
What do you think about abolishing corporate tax Indy?
I am for repealing the 16th Admendment but where do you figure the Federal Government will make up for the lost tax revenue, raise taxes on the wage earners what I figure they would do.

On June 16, 1909, Republican President William Howard Taft, in an address to Congress, proposed a 2% federal income tax on corporations by way of an excise tax and a constitutional amendment to allow the previously enacted income tax.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixteenth_Amendm...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i stand with cruz Jul 21 hillary all the way 1
cruz did not endorse Jul 20 trump circus in ohio 1
hillary beats trump Jul 20 hillary beats tru... 1
News Cleveland Clinic doc who sought Libertarian Par... Jul 1 Poker Paul 1
News Democrats propose 12 weeks of paid family leave... Apr '16 UTrashy 2
52 Teachers fired in Cleevland Heights Mar '16 Obamas son 2
School robbers Mar '16 Brandy 1

Cleveland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cleveland Heights Mortgages