writing a book,need help on this"forgotten" part of Cleveland "history"

Posted in the Cleveland Heights Forum

Smacky the Potamus

Akron, OH

#1 Mar 7, 2012
I'm current writing a book about organized crime history in Cleveland.
The Mayfield Road Mob and Danny Greene war has been already documented.
Iam asking for any of the respected older generation to help me on this particular chapter.
It details essentially the relationship between the "Italians" and the African American "power brokers" that ran the numbers and policy game and other rackets on the East Side.
if any of you can contribute names and places and events that would be great.
my wifes uncle was a great source as he was jazz drummer and often ran in particular circles before he died.
I will give you a list of some people that Iam intrested in...

Ronnie Bey
Bill Seawright
Fred Stitmon( and his bombing)
Michael Sumpter and his father
Virgil Olgetree
"the Fixer" Donald Peppers
Herbie Cammon
Herman Stephens
interested party

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Apr 19, 2012
i have some info on Ronnie Bey. Someone in my family used to work with Ronnie. How should i contact you?
Searcher

Beachwood, OH

#3 Apr 22, 2012
Have you tried Google? How about searching down town. I can't remember the name of the place, I think it's something like The Hall of Records. Also the libraries might have info on these subjects.

http://www.americanmafia.com/Feature_Articles...
stitmon

Chicago, IL

#4 Aug 12, 2013
My grandfather was Fred stitmon
Maple Resident

Beachwood, OH

#5 Aug 14, 2013
How about have you tried seeing if you could get info on these men from the police stations? If you explain that you're writing a book on them, they might help you out. Also you might be able to get info from the Cleveland Plain Dealer if you call someone there or go there and tell them what you're doing. Might be able to get info on Cleveland crime from the library too. Probably the one down town would have more info on those reels of film that they have with news stories.
frank

Munroe Falls, OH

#6 Aug 14, 2013
Anyone recall Pete Digravio in little Italy killed in chesterland golf course in 68
Shondor

Akron, OH

#8 Nov 12, 2013
You can see some of this info in old Jet magazines in their archives. Otherwise, get to know some old cops or criminals as your best source.
Twin

Chicago, IL

#10 Jan 3, 2014
What about the Kenny Bradley this guy use to run alot in cleveland even helping alot of the people you name by loaning them money when their banks took s large hit
55th projects

Chicago, IL

#11 Jan 3, 2014
Twin wrote:
What about the Kenny Bradley this guy use to run alot in cleveland even helping alot of the people you name by loaning them money when their banks took s large hit
about time they give credit to the black god father of Cleveland
Quincy and Central

Chicago, IL

#12 Jan 4, 2014
55th projects wrote:
<quoted text>about time they give credit to the black god father of Cleveland
Yes KB and the Stubbs had alot of power and respect I think they was all first cousin KB help and hurt alot of people he was a great friend and a bad enemy
Maple Man

Northfield, OH

#13 Jan 22, 2014
The Blue Grass Hotel and the Post n Padock was a big mob hang out in Bedford Hts.Frank Brancato brought Danny Green in for help to strong arm.
Smackey the Potamus

United States

#14 Apr 3, 2014
55th projects wrote:
<quoted text>about time they give credit to the black god father of Cleveland
Please eloborate. How interesting
Lin

Massillon, OH

#15 Sep 24, 2014
Get in touch with the lawyers who represented many of those guys... Ogletree, Scatter, Peppers.. many were represented by James R. Willis.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Local Jews upset by Holocaust references in cam... (Jun '12) May 17 Robbie Siegmyer 115
News Sentencings and trials in Cuyahoga County: Cour... (Apr '13) Apr '15 Ferrari 112
News Mariel Rice faces trial in kidnapping: U.S. Mar... (Sep '08) Apr '15 TIFFANY 2
News What Leads To Malls Closing? Mar '15 BizzyBee 13
News Creationism isn't a science and doesn't belong ... Mar '15 The Dude 833
News 60 to life for Tabitha Messina (Nov '08) Mar '15 j dadario 16
Charles jay smith Jan '15 Angel 1
More from around the web

Cleveland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]