Work progresses on new store and care...

Work progresses on new store and career center at Thomas Crossroads

There are 2 comments on the The Times-Herald story from Apr 10, 2013, titled Work progresses on new store and career center at Thomas Crossroads. In it, The Times-Herald reports that:

Goodwill Industries has made major changes to the former Save Rite grocery warehouse building at the Thomas Crossroads intersection of Georgia Highways 154 and 34.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times-Herald.

weems

Peachtree City, GA

#1 Apr 11, 2013
It seem to me that there is to much money to be had to completely redo that center. That money could be spent in a better way for the people in need.
Make no mistake

Newnan, GA

#2 Apr 23, 2013
weems wrote:
It seem to me that there is to much money to be had to completely redo that center. That money could be spent in a better way for the people in need.
While Goodwill is classified as a 501C(3) charitable organization, that is just the key part of the business model that makes them so successful. The employees make sub-minimum wage and the executives rake it in.
In 2010, Goodwill Industries International, Inc., the national parent corporation for all of the nation's secondhand clothing affiliates, paid its president and CEO James Gibbons more than half a million dollars in compensation. And dozens of state and local chapters copied the national headquarters' executive extravagance. Here's a rundown of the recent executive compensation packages for the three Florida-based Goodwill organizations that pay some employees less than minimum wage:
$440,197- CEO of Goodwill Industries-Suncoast, Inc.
$316,685- CEO of Goodwill Industries of South Florida, Inc.
$393,001- CEO of Goodwill Industries of Central Florida, Inc.
In California, these five Goodwill organizations exploit the special minimum wage exemption and pay executives top-dollar. A short sample of some executive compensation packages over the past few years:
$282,295- CEO of Goodwill Industries of San Diego County
$265,388- CEO of Goodwill Industries of Orange County
$376,317- CEO of Goodwill Industries of Sacramento Valley & Northern Nevada
$507,898- CEO of Goodwill of Southern California
$344,754- CEO of Goodwill Industries of Santa Clara County/ Silicon Valley
Tommy A. Moore, Jr., Goodwill Industries International's board chair Goodwill's board chair, says, "The board goes through a rigorous process to determine his compensation based on the impact of his leadership, strategic goals and performance."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Newnan lawyer suspended for 6 months (Nov '14) Tue indictTomPRICE 28
News Sons of the American Revolution honor Solomon S... Tue indictTomPRICE 4
time for Lumpkin county to have a barking dog o... (Nov '15) Mon Truth Be Told 7
Review: Complete Automotive Repair & Towing LLC (Oct '15) Mon Truth Be Told 5
round about cleveland hwy and 52 intersection Mon Truth Be Told 2
i'm new to Newnan GA... where does everyone han... (Jul '10) Jan 16 blam 27
psychopath running loose in Newnan, Ga Jan 8 Maria J 1

Cleveland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cleveland Mortgages