Review: Retro Games

Posted in the Cleveland Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
George

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 10, 2009
 
Retro games is a nice store, the best game store in cleveland. They'll let you try the game in the store and return if it doesn't work. I love retro games and shall buy many of my furture games there.
super viper

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 10, 2009
 
I agree, they has very good price
madlin

Bedminster, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 5, 2010
 
very nice store. very good prices on their games. the owners are great too
Jon

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 10, 2010
 
Great store with a very helpful staff. I was able to get one of my old systems fixed and working. They have a great selection of retro games too. Check them out and help keep a great game store like this around!
GamerGod

Mena, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 18, 2010
 
retro games RULES!!!!!
Dillon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 27, 2010
 
Went in there today for the first time. Even went to high school with the owner. It was a great store. You rarely find one like Retro Games that carries those old systems as well as the new ones. I plan to go back soon and fork over some cash to relive my Nintendo 64 days.
wes

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 9, 2011
 
Best game store around for selection and price. One thing needed a better trade in value for games ect. Like 2 for one for all games new or old. (Iam big on trading no trade in value) : ( if that was redone the store would be honstly 100% perfact. With that said I still would give it a 80%
Anonymous

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 9, 2011
 
wes wrote:
Best game store around for selection and price. One thing needed a better trade in value for games ect. Like 2 for one for all games new or old.(Iam big on trading no trade in value):( if that was redone the store would be honstly 100% perfact. With that said I still would give it a 80%
Thanks for your input. We use the same trade in system that all video game stores use. No video game store that I'm aware of does 2 for 1 trading. Pawn shops do 2 for 1 trading because they don't have a database to see the retail value of games. We look forward to serving you again. Any questions or concerns please email us at retrogames4u@yahoo.com.
Jay

Cornelia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 16, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Retro Games has screwed me twice the first time it was a used wireless controller for xbox 360. the plug and play was fried when they sold it to me. the second time I bought a base model xbox 360 and within 2 months the circut board fried and then they said that there was nothing that they could do about it. Don't ever buy anything from Retro Games if you want quality!!!!!!
Retro Games

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 16, 2011
 
The customer purchased the used controller and when he had a problem with it we replaced it no questions asked. The customer brought in the used xbox 360 for repair and before we even got a chance to look at the system he picked it up and said his friend would fix it for him. A few days later he brought it back to us for repair at that time we looked at the system and it was beyond repair. I am not sure what his "friend" did to try and fix it but we are not responsible for the damage that was done. We did all we could to help this customer.
Retro Games

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 16, 2011
 
Jay wrote:
Retro Games has screwed me twice the first time it was a used wireless controller for xbox 360. the plug and play was fried when they sold it to me. the second time I bought a base model xbox 360 and within 2 months the circut board fried and then they said that there was nothing that they could do about it. Don't ever buy anything from Retro Games if you want quality!!!!!!
The customer purchased the used controller and when he had a problem with it we replaced it no questions asked. The customer brought in the used xbox 360 for repair and before we even got a chance to look at the system he picked it up and said his friend would fix it for him. A few days later he brought it back to us for repair at that time we looked at the system and it was beyond repair. I am not sure what his "friend" did to try and fix it but we are not responsible for the damage that was done. We did all we could to help this customer.
Robbie

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 23, 2012
 
Retro games is good but Gamestop is 100x better no questions asked.
James

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 23, 2012
 
Went there the other day and bought games but neither one worked. I brought them back and they wouldnt give me my money back. Also, my nephew went with me and traded in one of his games for 7$. The next day, we went in there and his game was on the shelf for 40$. I understand they need to make a prophit but you still cant rip prople off expecially kids. Im never going there again. Im back to a gamestop kind of guy
Retro games

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 23, 2012
 
James wrote:
Went there the other day and bought games but neither one worked. I brought them back and they wouldnt give me my money back. Also, my nephew went with me and traded in one of his games for 7$. The next day, we went in there and his game was on the shelf for 40$. I understand they need to make a prophit but you still cant rip prople off expecially kids. Im never going there again. Im back to a gamestop kind of guy
Hey,

If you have a problem with a game and have a receipt we always take care of it. We have a markup on used games but we do not mark them up $33. We have been told that we give a lot more than GameStop. And we don't force people to trade in games with us. If you are unhappy with a trade in you don't have to trade it in. Like I said, with a receipt we always make it right.
Retro games

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 23, 2012
 
Robbie wrote:
Retro games is good but Gamestop is 100x better no questions asked.
We usually sell new games cheaper and we also carry all the older gen systems and still take older gen in on trade. We don't compete with GameStop because we sell and take in stuff that GameStop refuses to. Our trade in on new gen is higher as well. People have brought trades that we gave $20 when GameStop said they would give $6.
ryan

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 7, 2012
 
a Cheap skate willing to sell you things you dont need and when you discover this WONT refund or exchange as far as im concerned thats stealing , but hey if thats what you Have to to to survuve
TRASH
ryan

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 7, 2012
 
Retro games wrote:
<quoted text>
We usually sell new games cheaper and we also carry all the older gen systems and still take older gen in on trade. We don't compete with GameStop because we sell and take in stuff that GameStop refuses to. Our trade in on new gen is higher as well. People have brought trades that we gave $20 when GameStop said they would give $6.
YAH AND THEY HAVE A RETURN POLICY
Retro Games

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 7, 2012
 
ryan wrote:
a Cheap skate willing to sell you things you dont need and when you discover this WONT refund or exchange as far as im concerned thats stealing , but hey if thats what you Have to to to survuve
TRASH
We sold the customer exactly what they asked for and told them to make sure it's what they needed because we don't accept returns. Our policy is clearly displayed in the store and we told the customer the policy before they purchased. Did everything we could to make sure the customer was aware of the policy. Not sure how there was any confusion.
Micah

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 24, 2012
 
How is Retro Game's repairs on xbox 360 consoles with worn out disc laser sensor that wont read games or that the inside needs cleaning because of the dust it has collected? I been thinking on bringing my console by for them to look at it. Is it a higher chance for them to fix it and get it to read games that would be nice!
question

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jun 24, 2012
 
Do you keep any atari games or systems? NES or SNES?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cleveland Discussions

Search the Cleveland Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 37 min Oh my 47,615
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 4 hr Mason II 2,039
Jeff Chandler Resigned 17 hr Truth4554 759
Raber or Self Thu sally 1
God in the Government !! Wed Clint Roughton 2
Anchorwoman Jul 6 Breaking News in Newnan 1
white county judge lynn alderman's nasty divorc... (Aug '10) Jul 6 Moondog 46
•••
•••

Cleveland News Video

•••
Cleveland Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Cleveland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Cleveland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Cleveland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cleveland
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••