'Murder in Coweta County' subject of activities this week in Newnan

Jul 8, 2013 Full story: The Heard Citizen 7

Two nights of planned activities will take place July 10-11 as the City of Newnan and Coweta County partner to celebrate the story of "Murder in Coweta County" which aired on CBS 31 years ago.

Full Story
debbie

Newnan, GA

#1 Jul 9, 2013
that is not going to help our community. why bring that shit up again, that movie was not accurate anyway.who gives a shit. sorry but enough is enough
william

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Apr 14, 2014
i agree with debbie, how is this helping a town by celebrating the senseless murder of a black man. i was born and raised in greenvillie georgia where all of this took place. i now live in cincinnati , ohio. thank god
vapeme

Anniston, AL

#4 Apr 15, 2014
Why not? I liked the movie! At least in this movie the white man gets caught and goes to jail for killing a black man. Back in those days that was rare. A white Sheriff that is relentless on catching a white upper class man that kills a black man was movie worthy! Heck it happens in this day and age and people walk! At least that's what's some say? Maybe you want to see a movie about Dan Branch and how he ran his county? Lamar Potts was an awesome man and Sheriff! I will attend ! Glad y'all won't be there!
Mark Richt

Suwanee, GA

#5 Apr 21, 2014
You might could help this Man if you posted this in the correct forum.
Please take this to the Coweta County Forum, you geographically challenged morons.
vapeme

Alexander City, AL

#6 Apr 26, 2014
Mark Richt wrote:
You might could help this Man if you posted this in the correct forum.
Please take this to the Coweta County Forum, you geographically challenged morons.
This is the coweta forum, topix must have a glitch! How do you think we found it? It's in the Coweta topix forum!
Charles

Newnan, GA

#7 Apr 26, 2014
The man that John Wallace went to trial for killing was Wilson Turner( a white man). What makes this part of history so important is that a powerful landowner got convicted on the testimony of two black men, which was unheard of during this time period. It is clear some of you don't have a clue about the facts of this important piece of history. If you are going to bash it at least pick up the book and read the story so you will know the history.
2013 or 2014

Sharpsburg, GA

#8 May 10, 2014
This event was in 2013.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SummerGrove is no longer a jewel but a "COW PATTY" (Sep '11) Tue SG Resident 1,800
SouthCrest/CrossRoads Church Tue Newnan 18
Walmart shopping trip turned into a nightmare (Apr '14) Nov 24 Concerned Citizen 8
Cold Stone Ashley park cruel to employees Nov 22 Concerned customer 1
Newnan lawyer suspended for 6 months Nov 22 fast and furious 2
Jeff Chandler Resigned (May '14) Nov 18 former member 1,281
Heritage Christian School is SCAM (Apr '13) Nov 18 Jean33red 32

Cleveland News Video

Cleveland Dating
Find my Match

Cleveland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cleveland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cleveland

Personal Finance