Long-serving Coweta chief judge to leave bench

Apr 26, 2012 Full story: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution 28

Chief Judge William F. Lee Jr. of the Coweta Judicial Circuit, one of Georgia's longest serving Superior Court judges, announced Thursday he will step down from the bench.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#21 Apr 29, 2012
Good ol boys and Judges is an oxy-moron. They should not be used in the same sentence.It is my opinion that Lee should be held accountable and punished in the same way he did others.His mentality has always been guilty until proven innocent,depending on which attorney was facing him.The problem there is once you are labeled guilty before trial, you never clear your name.A lot of innocent people have felt this shame.Billy Lee should have to feel "how the other half lives."But, ultimately, God will be his Judge. 7
frustated with juvenile

United States

#22 May 2, 2012
Someone needs to clean out Coweta county DFACS. The children in that system deserve better.
Victims Daughter

Newnan, GA

#23 May 3, 2012
I can say from personal experience that Judge Lee is responsible for at least one murderer walking the streets of Coweta County. Lee slept through mos to the trial and when he woke up he interrupted important facts and then wouldn't allow them - he slept through the leading up to the facts - then allowed information that was relevant to the case to be admitted. He is a sham - a farce - and now we walk the streets with a murderer. I'm so glad his time has come. I just wish it had been 3 years ago.
Kim Karshisian

Newnan, GA

#24 May 5, 2012
I would like this to go on record. I worked for a lawyer in Newnan and nine out of ten attorney's within five blocks of the court house are as corrupt as it gets. One day someone will do their investigative work and nail these scum bags. Like the FBI's top ten, Newnan should have a top ten most corrupt lawyer list.

Since: Apr 12

Americus, GA

#25 May 5, 2012
Kim Karshisian wrote:
I would like this to go on record. I worked for a lawyer in Newnan and nine out of ten attorney's within five blocks of the court house are as corrupt as it gets. One day someone will do their investigative work and nail these scum bags. Like the FBI's top ten, Newnan should have a top ten most corrupt lawyer list.
So start the list.....as someone who has not ever used an attorney....yet, I would like to know your thoughts...its just your opinion. Let's see if you have the "nuts" to list them....
Citizen

Newnan, GA

#26 May 8, 2012
So, we now have a Public Defenders office (i.e. "free laywers"). Yet, when a person is convicted of a crime/s, the judge imposes sentence, restitution, fee's, etc.. The judge then ask how much money a now convicted person can pay (once released from prison) for the so called "free" defense he/she was offered by the citizens of Coweta County and couldn't afford in the first place. Keep in mind this is usually years down the road. Didn't Judge Lee get us in trouble back in 2001 for this same kind of behavior? And, how can this be legal?
Informed

Phenix City, AL

#27 May 18, 2013
Billy Lee's corruption came to light from Kevin McMurry. Kevin continued until Billy Lee lost his seat. Kevin is a snake in the grass - he will press issues until things turn out the way HE wants it to ... Kevin kisses up to those in authorithy and plays the "good guy role" while they are around. When the doors are clossed and it's time to really work, Kevin doesn't do it. Kevin takes advantage of his support staff giving them his workload expecting them to carry his load for him ONTOP of the already overworked support staff. He is inpatient and demanding. He can give you a case and while forcebly informing you that it MUST be perfect and it is due tomorrow morning by 8:30 - nothing later.
grayrider

Newnan, GA

#28 May 27, 2013
how convient wrote:
Hopefully Kirby is next!
kirby is a scam artist!!!
Judge Lee was bought by my late father in law back in the late 90 s got papers to prove it he has been corrupt since then. He paid to have his then wife followed buy GSP
Then got caught then covered it all up with the governor.. GOOD RIDDANCE!!!! Maybe take MITCH and RIGGS with him all one big cover up....
How about Mr Brown or Mr Golden?

Anybody want to bring up some old spit?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
items needed 2 hr felicia 1
Producer Ryan Snow...Narcissistic Predator Sat Snowhaterfanclub 1
Police Officer Arrested On Sex Charges (Sep '06) Dec 23 JT Jarroll 11
Defense argues suspect likely was sleepwalking Dec 23 ces2828 11
SummerGrove is no longer a jewel but a "COW PATTY" (Sep '11) Dec 21 Whatever 1,801
Blake Chappell $20,000 Reward (Jan '12) Dec 20 Cashing In 54
Cold Stone Ashley park cruel to employees Dec 18 Pigpen 3

Flood Watch for White County was issued at December 28 at 7:43PM EST

Cleveland News Video

Cleveland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Cleveland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cleveland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cleveland

Personal Finance