Long-serving Coweta chief judge to le...

Long-serving Coweta chief judge to leave bench

There are 28 comments on the The Atlanta Journal-Constitution story from Apr 26, 2012, titled Long-serving Coweta chief judge to leave bench. In it, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that:

Chief Judge William F. Lee Jr. of the Coweta Judicial Circuit, one of Georgia's longest serving Superior Court judges, announced Thursday he will step down from the bench.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#1 Apr 26, 2012
Billy Lee has been a nightmare for Coweta County for 32 years. Good riddance. How will his family spin this. Hopefully better than the Camp family!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2 Apr 26, 2012
How come Pete Skandalakis hasn't indicted this joke of a judge? Thank goodness for JQC in Atlanta. It was in Skandalakis's backyard and he CHOSE to overlook it...maybe he should be next.

Location hidden

#3 Apr 26, 2012
breakaway wrote:
How come Pete Skandalakis hasn't indicted this joke of a judge? Thank goodness for JQC in Atlanta. It was in Skandalakis's backyard and he CHOSE to overlook it...maybe he should be next.
Good point Breakaway! the JQC had enough to remove Billy Lee from office so you know that there is enough for a civil rights prosecution! Skandalakis is weak! He avoids death penalty cases like the plague. Remember the cop in Villa Rica that was shot dead on the side of the road. Despite the public outcry, Skandalakis refused to seek the death penalty against this cop-killer. It is interesting that anti-death penalty lawyers are the only ones that had the guts to expose Billy Lee's criminal activity. Makes you want to hire a Newnan attorney to represent you, doesn't it?!? Haha

Location hidden

#4 Apr 26, 2012
Corruption Nemesis wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point Breakaway! the JQC had enough to remove Billy Lee from office so you know that there is enough for a civil rights prosecution! Skandalakis is weak! He avoids death penalty cases like the plague. Remember the cop in Villa Rica that was shot dead on the side of the road. Despite the public outcry, Skandalakis refused to seek the death penalty against this cop-killer. It is interesting that anti-death penalty lawyers are the only ones that had the guts to expose Billy Lee's criminal activity. Makes you want to hire a Newnan attorney to represent you, doesn't it?!? Haha
All great points! As far as Newnan attorneys go, none of them will have a judge in their pocket now that Billy Lee is gone. Oh no...what will SKIN EDGE do? hahaha
Just saying

Sharpsburg, GA

#5 Apr 27, 2012
Pete Skandalakis is just as corrupt. He needs to be thoroughly investigated. He has stood by and allowed unethical behaviors to happen and even participated in a few. Someone needs to take a good hard look at the Clint Reynolds prosecution and the part Skandalakis and others from his office played in the civil proceeding between Reynolds and his wife. Skandalakis has covered up other corruption as favors. And finally someone (this watch dog group or whoever) needs to look at how often several of his employees actually come to work. When you call in 6+ months in one year and still collect a full salary that is stealing. Also, what about campaigning on State time? I think the list can go on and on. Maybe now that they got Judge Lee they will keep looking at all of Coweta Co.

Location hidden

#6 Apr 27, 2012
Just saying wrote:
Pete Skandalakis is just as corrupt. He needs to be thoroughly investigated. He has stood by and allowed unethical behaviors to happen and even participated in a few. Someone needs to take a good hard look at the Clint Reynolds prosecution and the part Skandalakis and others from his office played in the civil proceeding between Reynolds and his wife. Skandalakis has covered up other corruption as favors. And finally someone (this watch dog group or whoever) needs to look at how often several of his employees actually come to work. When you call in 6+ months in one year and still collect a full salary that is stealing. Also, what about campaigning on State time? I think the list can go on and on. Maybe now that they got Judge Lee they will keep looking at all of Coweta Co.
Hopefully they look at all the people in the DA's office! That short over weight bald ADA needs his friendship with Kam looked at also! Think there are sooo many unethical behaviors going on in this County is sad. But in time all those that think they are righteous will be judged and it comes around in the end. Good bye Billy Lee and good riddance no more sleeping during trials you can nap on your own time now! My dad thinks your a joke!
Bullwinkle

Newnan, GA

#7 Apr 27, 2012
The word that you unsuccessfully sought is you're, the contraction for you are. You mistakenly used the word your which shows possession. Maybe you should seek an education before you seek a forum.

Location hidden

#8 Apr 27, 2012
Bullwinkle wrote:
The word that you unsuccessfully sought is you're, the contraction for you are. You mistakenly used the word your which shows possession. Maybe you should seek an education before you seek a forum.
thanks for the education! Moose knuckle! Did know you had rules and regulations on this forum? Guess that's your fault for educating the masses! Thank God you corrected me! Maybe your should be elected hall monitor! But I wouldn't vote for you! Loser! Better check out all the forums and correct everyone! Good luck loser!
Bullwinkle

Newnan, GA

#9 Apr 27, 2012
Again, you misused the word your in a sentence. Strike two.

Location hidden

#10 Apr 27, 2012
I'm thinking Bullwinkle may just be someone we have mentioned in this discussion. Hmmmmmm...haha

Location hidden

#11 Apr 27, 2012
Pete! Get off the computer and go save YOU'RE career! hahahaha

Location hidden

#12 Apr 27, 2012
Bullwinkle wrote:
hahaha you think u are forum police! Hahaha we did hit a sore spot, stop distracting and comment to the post. Oh no it's past bedtime! strike three your out! Hahaha! Your a douche bag! Guess your name is mud now! Strike four! Dismissed! Your out! Hahaha

Location hidden

#13 Apr 27, 2012
Bullwinkle wrote:
guess you can blame my phone! Dumbass! At least I have an opinion. Hehehe put down the beer and cigarette and get a life! Haha

Location hidden

#14 Apr 27, 2012
Just saying wrote:
Hey Just Saying!
Great information. Employees of the DA's office are public employees. If they are abusing their positions by not reporting to work, then the matter should be investigated and resolved. If you believe that you have credible information just post which office and the approximate dates the offenses occurred. An investigation will ensue. Do t give names unless you are just saying. Thanks
how convient

United States

#15 Apr 28, 2012
He's retiring while under investigation. What a piece of work. This whole "good ole boy" system needs to be put to a damn stop. It's ridiculous. Isn't there supposed to be justice in the judicial system? Maybe I was taught wrong in school & in life. Good riddance. Dirty law system we got owing on here.
how convient

United States

#16 Apr 28, 2012
Hopefully Kirby is next!
Bullwinkle

Newnan, GA

#17 Apr 28, 2012
The continued misuse of the personal pronoun possessive case indicates the necessity for your return to school. A resumption of the sixth grade would be in order. One loses the ability to make a valid point by the poor command of the written language.

Location hidden

#18 Apr 28, 2012
Bullwinkle wrote:
The continued misuse of the personal pronoun possessive case indicates the necessity for your return to school. A resumption of the sixth grade would be in order. One loses the ability to make a valid point by the poor command of the written language.
when will you stop? Anyway Judges should uphold the law. It's this day and age that they all seem to think they are God! Even if they know the English language! Let's elect all new judges! Cranford is the most respected out of all them.

Atlanta, GA

#19 Apr 28, 2012
Obviously Mooseknuckle doesn't have much to say on the matter....so go to another forum so that we can comment on the subjuct matter. As an outsider who did not grow up here but has worked in the county for close to 30 years, I have heard about this "judge" Lee and a few of his cohorts....its just downright embarrassing. He sounds a little like Boss Hog from the Dukes of Hazard. Anyway, its about time that the crooked have gotten caught!
Bullwinkle

Newnan, GA

#20 Apr 28, 2012
You did well!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deputies Smith and Sepanski murder handcuffed m... Thu Left hand Pete 7
News Man Accused of Demanding Sex Act As Payment for... (Feb '13) Jun 21 I h8 dealers 2
Producer Ryan Snow...Narcissistic Predator (Dec '14) Jun 15 Laidback 6
Watch Out for Floridians Jun 10 bettysue 2
Dreamcatcher Store...owners to uptight?? (Sep '13) Jun 10 yourefullofit 2
News Dawson Street Christian School opens in Newnan (Sep '13) Jun 7 Charles 13
News Truett-McConnell's new leader is a former Muslim (Aug '08) Jun 4 Bandwagon 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cleveland Mortgages