white county judge lynn alderman's na...

Since: Mar 12

Frisco, TX

#21 Mar 28, 2012
Dear JDB,
You clearly have a bone to pick with Judge Alderman. Have you ever sat in court besides the case you had? How many times? I highly doubt it. Hatred for men? Funny because she was elected by MEN and women. She had MEN help with her campgain. When working at the District Attorney's office she worked with MEN. Her Chief Judge before he resigned was a MAN. I suppose that may be the problem with you, you're a man that can't stand to see a woman in charge & doing well. I guess she must just scare everyone so bad they voted for her twice and would probably do so for more elections to come if they could. I know I would. She's a fair, impartial judge that deserves respect, not the slander others come up with.
victim of Alderman

Atlanta, GA

#22 Mar 28, 2012
I have friends that work in the clerks office will tell u the same thing she is bias. Every man I have talked to that had her for a judge will tell u the same thing. Lawyers from outside the county will tell u the same thing and tell u they dont like taking cases in white county due to the country stew up their quoted from an adviser under the past govenor.Any judge that doesnt give the kids to the male parent after the guardian, and doctors both say they were abuse by the female is not a good judge. She admitted in court that she agrees children are better off with a female parent do to the fact that the parent is female is a bias judge. I was there I heard her. If you agree with that than your just as bias as she is and females in high positions must mean more to u than if they follow the law. Let see how u would feel if you had to fight for your kids and the main thing holding you back was your gender how would you feel ? under judge Alderman that was an issue for any man facing her in a custody battle. Fact
victim of Alderman

Atlanta, GA

#23 Mar 28, 2012
oh yeah she worked with men, that doesnt mean she was not gender bias after all I heard she worked with a lot of mean after hours in the court room. Just rumors. Its also a fact sheis being investigated for being lighter on woman that men when it comes to DUI. BUT THAT WOULDNT MEAN SHES GENDER BIAS NOW WOULD IT. WOMEN SHOULD HAVE IT EASIER WHEN IT COMES TO DUI THEIR BETTER DRIVERS WHEN THEIR DRUNK. When your drunk and kill someone it doesnt matter what gender u are.

Since: Mar 12

Frisco, TX

#24 Mar 28, 2012
Get your facts straight "victim of Alderman" she's not being investigated for being bias about gender.

Since: Mar 12

Frisco, TX

#25 Mar 28, 2012
And that clerk's office would be white county. Everyone knows they're biased because some of them supported Ridge last election.
littleredridingh ood

Detroit, MI

#26 Mar 28, 2012
Judge Alderman would never take a bias position on any situation in court. She won't even make a bias decision outside of court. When asked "what to do" about her middle child when 3 grams of marijuana was found in her daughters car, Lynn told the officers "I cannot help my daughter in this situation. If it were anyone else's child, I would have them arrested and charged all the same." I know this for a fact because I was there and you can QUOTE me. Having your own daughter sent to jail is just one example of how unbiased judge Alderman really is, on and off of the bench.
victim of Alderman

Atlanta, GA

#27 Mar 28, 2012
Nugget white county saw her for who she was or is and yes she was being investigated for not handing out equal sentances for women in dui cases. Maybe thats a rumor but not by what I have heard. She said and did so much gender bias things in my court case through a friend I contacted the Govenors office. The Govenors office advisors said to me they were aware but in White county their is what we in Atlanta call a country stew.This was years ago, this has been going on for a long time. I know she talked about my case with people my X knew outside of court but I couldnt prove it. If I was a jurer and talked about a case outside of court I would go to jail. Now you have a judge saying that she did it with him. But still you say shes a great judge. Wake up. You dont talk about court cases outside of court with no one.
Fastpitchcoach

Frisco, TX

#28 Mar 28, 2012
Nuggetgal i'm with you. Judge Alderman is awesome! Hey victim, Your case was open to the public anyone can talk about it. What's being called into question is whether or not she violated something by talking to Bagley? Giving him a heads up as a professional courtesy is cool, asking him to rule a certain way isn't. I'm sorry I didn't realize you interviewed the Judge. You must have read the transcripts from the courtroom that day when Bagley spoke. Do have a recording from when Bagley and Alderman spoke? No, I'm quite positive you probably read some news article and think that must be the cut & dry truth. I wish you people would give it a rest.
Fastpitchcoach

Frisco, TX

#29 Mar 28, 2012
I knew that about her middle kid, too. If my son did that I would do the same thing AND tan his butt!

Since: Mar 12

United States

#30 Mar 28, 2012
Fastpitchcoach wrote:
I knew that about her middle kid, too. If my son did that I would do the same thing AND tan his butt!
Ms.Alderman handled the situation as should have been handled. I have total respect for a woman with such intelligence, knowledge, and the wisdom she carries is extraordinary. She knows the law, abides by the law, and is an outstanding citizen, as well as wonderful mother. She served the circuit, and did a fine job in doing so. I appreciate those who see what an asset she's been to this community.
Truthhurts

Detroit, MI

#31 Mar 28, 2012
Not going to get in to it like Alderman Victum. I saw the same in my divorce, she leaned towards women I think she did it thinking she is helping women and has good intentions but she does favor women and the law states we are equal. You know what they say, what comes around goes around. Men in White county now will have an equal chance in custody battles. Sorry she couldn't realize, she was a hard worker, smart and good hearted but the law is the law and many men suffered from her rulings and many women got a break.
Learned Hand

Homer, GA

#32 Mar 28, 2012
I have been practicing law in Gainesville and Dahlonega, Dawsonville etc. for well over 40 years. I started before the Enotah Circuit was even created. I have a few observations about Judge Alderman that I will share, as professionally as I can. She is a very likeable person and was an excellent Juvenile Court Judge. I believe it would have been in her best interest for her to remain there, as she was better suited to that court. This of course is my humble opinion. First I did not care to hear about details of her private life, as long as they did not affect her role as a judge and her fair administration of justice. However Judges Cornwell and Woods of the Mountain Circuit were both removed for their "romantic dalliances", while on the bench with parties and defendant's and while I do not know the details of Judge Alderman's indiscretions [if any], she certainly is not above being held accountable for her personal indiscretions that pertain to her office. It was common talk that she was involved with a married lawyer, here in Gainesville. If and I said IF, WHAT WAS SAID WAS REMOTELY TRUE,THEN SHE WAS RIGHT TO RESIGN. Only she and the Investigator at the JQC, Richard Hyde knows what he was going to charge her with, in any Complaint for Removal. This I do know, she was habitually LATE FOR COURT, sometimes as much as 90 mins. She did show a complete and total lack of fairness between men and women in Divorce Property/Custody cases, that was so obvious it bordered on the absurd. Strangely, she seemed to be much closer to being even handed, on Temporary Protective Orders. Sadly she had a coterie of female lawyers that she would practically award, whatever they ask in attorneys fees. This favoritism would have been reversed had clients had the money to "take it up" on appeal. In Criminal cases she was fairly good but if your client went to trial and lost, she burned the defendant with an extremely stiff sentence.[she's a former Asst. D.A.] The "PUNISH FOR NO PLEA" theory of judging! In conclusion I would say she was a competent lawyer and judge, but is nowhere near the "Super Person" some of you believe, as she was too inattentive to her duties,and sadly was not objective in her application of the law equally and fairly. Please do not waste your time responding by saying ,she ruled against me, I'm jealous,it's sourgrapes etc. In fact,she ruled in my favor the few times I was before her, more often than not. I am not talking about THE DIVORCE CASES WHERE I REPRESENTED MALES VERSUS FEMALES AND WHERE THE OPPOSING COUNSEL WAS ONE OF HER FEMALE "SISTAS" iN THOSE CASES THE RESULTS WERE 100% CONSISTENT.`
Truthhurts

Detroit, MI

#33 Mar 29, 2012
What can a man do that was screwed by Alderman in their divorce case ? Learned Hand
Alderman Victum

Detroit, MI

#34 Mar 29, 2012
Fastpitchcoach wrote:
Nuggetgal i'm with you. Judge Alderman is awesome! Hey victim, Your case was open to the public anyone can talk about it. What's being called into question is whether or not she violated something by talking to Bagley? Giving him a heads up as a professional courtesy is cool, asking him to rule a certain way isn't. I'm sorry I didn't realize you interviewed the Judge. You must have read the transcripts from the courtroom that day when Bagley spoke. Do have a recording from when Bagley and Alderman spoke? No, I'm quite positive you probably read some news article and think that must be the cut & dry truth. I wish you people would give it a rest.
.

Do u really think during a case it public & u can talk about ? If u really think that its shows what a total idiot u are and explains why u think Aderman is a good judge. Bet u think it's ok to shoot a young boy in a hoody to.
Learned Hand

Jefferson, GA

#35 Mar 29, 2012
Truthhurts: All that can be done to any judge that has not applied the law fairly is appeal. If your time to appeal has run, then VOTE THEM OUT. One of the new Judges will CERTAINLY be a female and if she favors women UNFAIRLY then the men who get screwed should get politically active and organize and run an OPPOSITION CANDIDATE...MALE OR FEMALE THAT WILL APPLY THE LAW EQUALLY AND FAIRLY! There is nothing a judge fears as much as an active and PERSISTENT electorate.
Calhoun22

Jefferson, GA

#36 Mar 29, 2012
Cindy wrote:
Judge Alderman is a joke for a judge. My son had a divorce case before her 2 months into her judgeship. She had no idea what she was doing. Of course, neither did Judge Barrett. He just likes to threaten children and use their parents in a way that if they do not do what he says he will jail one of the parents. BS. Glad to see both of them out of Lumpkin County. They need to look at themselves in the mirror and pass judgment instead of judging others..........
Why don't you run for judge ?
Calhoun22

Jefferson, GA

#37 Mar 29, 2012
Fastpitchcoach wrote:
I knew that about her middle kid, too. If my son did that I would do the same thing AND tan his butt!
Her butt was"tanned" alright.
Fastpitchcoach

Frisco, TX

#38 Mar 29, 2012
Alderman Victum wrote:
<quoted text>.
Do u really think during a case it public & u can talk about ? If u really think that its shows what a total idiot u are and explains why u think Aderman is a good judge. Bet u think it's ok to shoot a young boy in a hoody to.
Unless its a juvenile case it is public! Anyone can come sit their happy ass in the courtroom and listen to testimony. Unless you had some special case.. And whoever listened could leave there & discuss with whoever they please, form their own opinion, start vicious gossip about you.. Weird how that works when you take things out of context, huh?
Fastpitchcoach

Frisco, TX

#39 Mar 29, 2012
Calhoun22 wrote:
<quoted text>
Her butt was"tanned" alright.
Pretty sure she was stuck in jail, got put on probation with counseling, fines and community service. That's basically what any first, small time drug charge will get you.
Daisy1967

Frisco, TX

#40 Mar 29, 2012
Learned Hand wrote:
I have been practicing law in Gainesville and Dahlonega, Dawsonville etc. for well over 40 years. I started before the Enotah Circuit was even created. I have a few observations about Judge Alderman that I will share, as professionally as I can. She is a very likeable person and was an excellent Juvenile Court Judge. I believe it would have been in her best interest for her to remain there, as she was better suited to that court. This of course is my humble opinion. First I did not care to hear about details of her private life, as long as they did not affect her role as a judge and her fair administration of justice. However Judges Cornwell and Woods of the Mountain Circuit were both removed for their "romantic dalliances", while on the bench with parties and defendant's and while I do not know the details of Judge Alderman's indiscretions [if any], she certainly is not above being held accountable for her personal indiscretions that pertain to her office. It was common talk that she was involved with a married lawyer, here in Gainesville. If and I said IF, WHAT WAS SAID WAS REMOTELY TRUE,THEN SHE WAS RIGHT TO RESIGN. Only she and the Investigator at the JQC, Richard Hyde knows what he was going to charge her with, in any Complaint for Removal. This I do know, she was habitually LATE FOR COURT, sometimes as much as 90 mins. She did show a complete and total lack of fairness between men and women in Divorce Property/Custody cases, that was so obvious it bordered on the absurd. Strangely, she seemed to be much closer to being even handed, on Temporary Protective Orders. Sadly she had a coterie of female lawyers that she would practically award, whatever they ask in attorneys fees. This favoritism would have been reversed had clients had the money to "take it up" on appeal. In Criminal cases she was fairly good but if your client went to trial and lost, she burned the defendant with an extremely stiff sentence.[she's a former Asst. D.A.] The "PUNISH FOR NO PLEA" theory of judging! In conclusion I would say she was a competent lawyer and judge, but is nowhere near the "Super Person" some of you believe, as she was too inattentive to her duties,and sadly was not objective in her application of the law equally and fairly. Please do not waste your time responding by saying ,she ruled against me, I'm jealous,it's sourgrapes etc. In fact,she ruled in my favor the few times I was before her, more often than not. I am not talking about THE DIVORCE CASES WHERE I REPRESENTED MALES VERSUS FEMALES AND WHERE THE OPPOSING COUNSEL WAS ONE OF HER FEMALE "SISTAS" iN THOSE CASES THE RESULTS WERE 100% CONSISTENT.`
She's also a former defense attorney, too. So what if her sentencing was harsh for some people. If you're convicted of a crime you get sentenced.. As for rumors there's been tons, if she was suppose to resign because of them which one should she had picked, the rumors about her children, spouse, religious orientation, farm animals, the Dahlonega nugget, her campaign.. All of these rumors started as a part of a smear campaign Ridge Rairaigh thought up when they were running against each other. And as rumors do they snowballed into bigger things as more people started flapping their jaws. It's sad not more people know that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
University of West Georgia murders in late 80's... (Sep '14) Wed Unknown 9
News Authorities: 19-year-old jogger raped near Dahl... Jun 19 True Lumpkinite 4
time for Lumpkin county to have a barking dog o... (Nov '15) Jun 19 Tom may be a pedo... 18
News Ivy Gerrell will spend six weeks in China to le... Jun 17 Dahlonega resident 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Honorable Gary McCullough as ... (Oct '16) Jun 17 tom 3
food outlet on temple street sucks Jun 16 the truth 7
News Molestation suspect held without bond (Aug '15) Jun 16 They r the sick ones 2

Cleveland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cleveland Mortgages