What's your opinion of the new Walmart?

What's your opinion of the new Walmart?

Posted in the Cleveland Forum

shopper

Clarkesville, GA

#1 Aug 7, 2009
I'm thrilled to have the store in town, but a little disappointed in it. IMHO, the grocery section is way too big and the clothing and shoe departments are way too small. The selection of shoes is no better than we get at Fred's or the dollar stores. Hopefully, they will will make some changes in the layout.
was shopper

Jefferson, GA

#2 Aug 8, 2009
went to walmart on 8/7/09. Turned to find a parking spot to be met with shopping carts all stuck out in the road. We had to stop and go around the shopping carts. Went in to tell someone at the door which they had no clue what to do about it. Was shopping for an hour and came out to be met with shopping carts still sticking out all over the place. It was like a maze to try to get out. If they cannot take care of the carts outside how do they plan on taking care of things inside? Next time if I do go back and it is like that again I will just run into the carts and may get a new car out of it.I was also told by an employee this is not a super walmart, so if it is not, then what is it? I will stick going to walmart in Cornelia or Dahlonega the 1 in Cleveland is not even up to par.
just me

Jefferson, GA

#3 Aug 8, 2009
Yep I went 2 times to Walmart. In the newspaper articles we were led to believe it was going to be one of the biggest in the state. Well, it is one of the biggest disappointments in the state. They have only minimal inventory and we can only hope that they will add more as time goes on. They selections there are too slim! They need to rethink the whole concept of this store! It is a tad embarrassing to think that tourist will come here expecting a regular, nice, huge Walmart and all they get is this little MickeyMouse one.....ugh.....
snoop dog

Jefferson, GA

#4 Aug 8, 2009
shopper wrote:
I'm thrilled to have the store in town, but a little disappointed in it. IMHO, the grocery section is way too big and the clothing and shoe departments are way too small. The selection of shoes is no better than we get at Fred's or the dollar stores. Hopefully, they will will make some changes in the layout.
It's bad when Walmart does not even carry mens suspenders.
dad

Sycamore, GA

#5 Aug 8, 2009
what is all the problems did you guys apply for a job but not get it they maybe hiring down at the day care on westmorland go apply you bums

you say you will go to a different one but i dont think so you will be up there when you get your next pay check lmao
JustCall

Cleveland, GA

#6 Aug 8, 2009
was shopper wrote:
If they cannot take care of the carts outside how do they plan on taking care of things inside? Next time if I do go back and it is like that again I will just run into the carts and may get a new car out of it.I was also told by an employee this is not a super walmart, so if it is not, then what is it? I will stick going to walmart in Cornelia or Dahlonega the 1 in Cleveland is not even up to par.
Call 1-800-WALMART and relate to them the issue. They will usually ask you if you want a call from the CEO. Each store's manager and his/her area boss receive a notice of the call and they must get back with the bosses in Bentonville, AR, and tell them what they've done about the issue. No other large company has such customer service, I believe.
shopper

Clarkesville, GA

#7 Aug 8, 2009
Thanks, JustCall, I'll do that. Maybe it will help.

Dad, thanks for your most heartfelt concern, but I don't need a job. Many people in Cleveland DO however, and since I think Walmart is very important to our little town, I want to see it thrive. I'm afraid that won't happen if some improvements are not made.

Snide, nasty comments do nothing to help. But hey, if that's all you've got to offer, go for it!
xyztuv

Homer, GA

#8 Aug 8, 2009
Have made 1 BRIEF trip to our new store-they didn't have a very good selection so I turned tail and went to Dahlonega- we need clothes and shoes-this area has plenty of grocery stores. NOT impressed at all!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No-knock warrant flash bang grenade maims infant 19 hr the truth 2
What happened to Randall Mann? (Jan '14) Jul 23 Tonyamann65 3
Section 8 house in summergrove-newnan ga (Feb '13) Jul 16 Anonymous 45
Review: Complete Automotive Repair & Towing LLC (Oct '15) Jul 13 Louis 2
University of West Georgia murders in late 80's... (Sep '14) Jul 13 daisy31 7
Watch Out for Floridians Jul 12 sad really 4
NGCSU securty!! (Jan '13) Jul 3 TheNilvarg 2

Cleveland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance