Hulsey defends septic waste operation...

Hulsey defends septic waste operation; neighbors claim health risks are real

There are 20 comments on the White County Telegraph story from Dec 27, 2007, titled Hulsey defends septic waste operation; neighbors claim health risks are real. In it, White County Telegraph reports that:

“What concerns me more is that my 17-year-old daughter's hair has started falling out”

John Hulsey at his horse arena located just south of his LHR Farms waste treatment operation. via White County Telegraph

Join the discussion below, or Read more at White County Telegraph.

-anonymous

Fpo, AE

#1 Jan 2, 2008
I have lived in white county almost my whole life and it astonishes me how unserious this matter has become. This is our land, our town, our people drinking this water! Has anyone brought this up to the local authorities to test the water at the suspected "contaminated" areas? I dont think this is the last time you will be hearing about contamination in the county or all over anywhere this man operates. It is really pitiful that people arent voicing their opinions on the matter. Hopefully we don't wait until people start dying when they go to get a glass of ice water from their sink. Has anyone seen Erin Brokovich?
Peggy Rutter

Clarkesville, GA

#2 Jan 6, 2008
Thank you for your comment.

www.ngass.com
Lorrice Sullens

Jefferson, GA

#3 Jan 18, 2008
I live across from LHR farms amd I would like to know if my water could be affected by the contamination of LHR?about 3 years ago a child lived in one of the trailers here and she became very ill, the Doctor told her it was from contaminated well water,we all use well water here,not 2 weeks later the people moved out of the trailer,I was also hospitalized with colon problems,my doctor said that it was very possible that well water had caused my problems, I ended up having surgery,but I am still drinking this well water,who do I need to contact about this?I live on wooten Rd. please reply..
Resident

United States

#4 Jan 25, 2008
You should buy bottled drinking water and send John Hulsey the bill.
Tiffany

Gainesville, GA

#5 Mar 16, 2008
My Mom lives RIGHT across the road from this place. In 2000 she began getting sick with a compromised immune system and now has to receive monthly immune globbulin treatments that are in the excess of $5,000 a month. My sister has also been having "colon problems". Both of their problems can easily be linked to contaminated water and air since they drink the county water. Also, my daughter is supposed to attend Mossy Creek, but I refuse to let her go to a school and be at risk of drinking the contaminated water. It is a shame that we can't even drink pure water in the mountains.
alton farmer

United States

#6 Jul 7, 2009
this man in my opinion has always had the hall county commission in his pocket, especially steve gailey who has made questionable land deals with the hulseys before, in my opinion the whole board of commissioners cater to this man with the exception of bobby banks. whatever he wants he gets from steve gailey, maby one day our community will be relieved from these corrupt commissioners
steve woody

United States

#7 Jul 7, 2009
call for a state investagation from an outside source, someone who does not know the hulseys, it seems they have pratically run hall county for years
common sense

Mableton, GA

#8 Jul 8, 2009
if the citizens of White County had used any common sense they would have passed strict zoning laws years ago. but they have never and they have no one to blame when someone moves a business in next to them that they don't like. face it, Hulsey Plumbing is well within their legal rights to have opened their plant where it is and your own fault you could not prevent it. now legally, it's too late. White County's lack of zoning is the major reason that Cleveland has developed into the ugliest eye sore of any town in northeast Georgia.

Dahlonega in Lumpkin County did it right! On the other hand White County did it wrong!

PS. The citizens of Hall County will laugh out loud at the obsurd theory that the Hall County Board of Commissioners cater to John Hulsey. If any commissioner caters to business it is Bobby Banks! He is a joke! He already has made a complete fool out of himself too many times to be re-elected.
Britta

Chestnut Mountain, GA

#9 Jul 8, 2009
Lorrice Sullens wrote:
I live across from LHR farms amd I would like to know if my water could be affected by the contamination of LHR?about 3 years ago a child lived in one of the trailers here and she became very ill, the Doctor told her it was from contaminated well water,we all use well water here,not 2 weeks later the people moved out of the trailer,I was also hospitalized with colon problems,my doctor said that it was very possible that well water had caused my problems, I ended up having surgery,but I am still drinking this well water,who do I need to contact about this?I live on wooten Rd. please reply..
Your kidding right? How about contacting a water filter Co.. If you think the water is bad and you drink it you get what get. You know Darwin was right. Nature weeds out stupidity ( Any questions lorrice you can look on Google to find Darwin or a water filter Co.)
Britta

Chestnut Mountain, GA

#10 Jul 8, 2009
Tiffany wrote:
My Mom lives RIGHT across the road from this place. In 2000 she began getting sick with a compromised immune system and now has to receive monthly immune globbulin treatments that are in the excess of $5,000 a month. My sister has also been having "colon problems". Both of their problems can easily be linked to contaminated water and air since they drink the county water. Also, my daughter is supposed to attend Mossy Creek, but I refuse to let her go to a school and be at risk of drinking the contaminated water. It is a shame that we can't even drink pure water in the mountains.
"can easily be linked to contaminated water and air since they drink the county water" REALLY! It could also be linked to your family genes, Global Warming, Bad Diet or even chance. How about going to the doctor and getting tested and prove not try to "link" your issues to some thing you believe might be the cause. And if you think your mom is getting sick from this then get her out. If you would not send your child to school in this area then why in the world would you leave your mom there?
Questionable opinion

Chestnut Mountain, GA

#11 Jul 8, 2009
alton farmer wrote:
this man in my opinion has always had the hall county commission in his pocket, especially steve gailey who has made questionable land deals with the hulseys before, in my opinion the whole board of commissioners cater to this man with the exception of bobby banks. whatever he wants he gets from steve gailey, maby one day our community will be relieved from these corrupt commissioners
Wow! Do you have proof? Because no cares about your opinion.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Truth

Gainesville, GA

#12 Jul 8, 2009
alton farmer should be ashamed for lying on this board!
Tiffany

Gainesville, GA

#13 Nov 13, 2009
Actually, I'm very educated. My sister is 25 years old and better since she moved. My family really has no health history or even a history of cancer to my knowledge. By the way- we know our geniology6. My Mom is unable to move at this time due to financial problems. Come on, the water has to be contaminated if there is feces being sprayed on a field. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.
Britta

Gainesville, GA

#14 Nov 13, 2009
Tiffany wrote:
Actually, I'm very educated. My sister is 25 years old and better since she moved. My family really has no health history or even a history of cancer to my knowledge. By the way- we know our geniology6. My Mom is unable to move at this time due to financial problems. Come on, the water has to be contaminated if there is feces being sprayed on a field. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.
Well we agree on one thing your no rocket scientist! I think your doing a little feces spreading your self. And in case you didn’t under stand what I was trying to say. ITS YOUR MOM FOR GODS SAKE BUY A WATER FILTER .Surly you can afford that try living with out your cable, internet, beer ,or cigs for a month and you will be amazed what you can buy.
sewage

North Tazewell, VA

#15 Nov 16, 2009
how about those chickens and cattle that are grazing on these same grounds? are they safe to consume (or eat the eggs)? what are these high end accomodations offered on site?

that one state guy is going on what he saw THREE YEARS ago?? that's really keeping up with things.

do these people ever ask where there septic tanks fill goes, or do they just pour it into the creek? people don't realize it has to go somewhere ...
Nobody

Harrison, AR

#16 Nov 17, 2009
This reminds me of a recent episode of Csi Miami where ecoli contaminated water from cattle waste was untreated and used on vegetables and a person died from it eating them, ... That is a TV show btw.. not related... But to these people who are complaining about the water causing medical problems should have it evaluated from their taps and tanks and run offs, and for the people that suggested a brita water filter thats an ok idea it filters out metals and mineral deposits and stuff like that but not bacteria, and boiling water alone wont filter out all forms of bacteria maybe a chlorine treatment aswell. Idk I wish you guys the best on this... and I hope the issue becomes resolved.
Nobody

Harrison, AR

#17 Nov 17, 2009
Sounds like a lot of people are on a rampage with very bias views and opinions on this situation at least on this forum , and Obviously it is affecting more than just the people who are having direct trouble from the water itself or these cutting remarks wouldn't even be on here. I hope to see you people resolve your differences and fix the problem if there is one, and start acting like decent human beings toward one another, "Americans!", And conduct yourself with some dignity! ;) End of Discussion.
Common Sense

Coosa, GA

#18 Nov 17, 2009
There is probably much less pollution coming from Hulsey's operation than is coming from your chicken houses, fertilizer, cattle and pig feces, insecticides, etc. Check your own house/home/farm for your own pollutants!!!!!
Sludge

New Freedom, PA

#19 Jan 14, 2010
There are many people across the US with the same reactions to land application of sewage sludge. Visit sites such as www.sludgevictims.com and do your own research. Every chemical known to man can be in sludge along with pathogens, superbugs etc..Google "sewage sludge" and find those out there like you, there are many willing to help. Check your water, one place is www.watercheck.biz , trouble is to test for dioxin, flame retartants etc. is hard but they can test for a lot

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#20 Jul 27, 2014
A water filter can help with this concern but you can buy those distilled H20 just to be sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former Resident and Pharmacist Thu Gated 28
Electronics Laboratories Inc. (Sep '09) Jan 16 Ivanski 35
Producer Ryan Snow...Narcissistic Predator (Jan '15) Dec 26 Heiswhoeveyonesay... 13
Review: The Barking Lot (Jan '14) Dec 21 River rats 9
Jan Taylor. ??? (May '13) Dec 21 Fasleslander 11
Looking for an old friend Dec '17 Hank1936 1
News Smith: Fall mountain visit leaves one pondering... Dec '17 Donald Trump 18

Cleveland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cleveland Mortgages