First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Gail Cohen

Danielson, CT

#41 Jul 18, 2012
Tommy wrote:
I was there in the 50's too. That place has soooo many great memories for me. I did almost every "first" there too.
I've just recently started a group on Facebook to try and get in touch with other Sky Lake alums to revive old (and I mean old) friendships and perhaps relive some of those old memories with old friends.
If you are or know someone who went to camp at Sky Lake, join and pass this along.
Tommy
. I am interested in a Sky Lake Reunion. Will look on Facebook - robin Altman, Ann Rothenberg, Bobbi,- the only person I know now is Mark Medolf. Let's get a reunion. Others Ducie Krugman in Atlanta. Best.- Gail Cohen Sky Lake 1958 - 1964.
Gail Cohen

Danielson, CT

#42 Jul 18, 2012
Want to have a Reunion. Made a mistake and visied in the 1990's. At least the lake was still there. Made be sad thinking about the Lodge and cabins!
Gail Cohen

Danielson, CT

#43 Jul 18, 2012
Sky Lake Camper wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got lots of information about Sky Lake Camp. I was a camper there for 6 years during the 1950's. I just finished scanning the pictures I have from Sky Lake although I don't have very many. If the "official" camp pictures still exist, I know who might have them. The camp published a newsletter twice a week. We used the back side to write our letters home. My mother saved the majority of letters by brother and I wrote and I have them now. I also have a few other things. I also occasionally see several other people who went to Sky Lake. Several years ago, the William Breman Jewish Heritage Museum in Atlanta (where I live), had an exhibit featuring southern Jewish camps. Sky Lake was one of the camps featured. You can contact me at LegalCohen@aol.com.

Really interested in having a Reunion. Ducie Krugman still lives in Atlanta. Such wonderful memories. Roz - the best. Recently tried to find her daughter Natalie. Bernice - would be great to see Robin Altman and Ann Rothenburg. I remember Bobbi and her accordion. Made a mistake and went up there in the 1990's. Hated seeing it a sub division. Miss the Lodge, and the cabins. Best - Gail Cohen g7coh@ail.com
Gail Cohen

Danielson, CT

#44 Jul 18, 2012
Roz Klausman was one of the best person I have ever known. Her Sister Charlotte was also a good friend. Both died too young. I will never forget them, and tank Roz for her love of horses, and making sure I could ride. In High School I had a horse! I remember Jon, and Champion at Sky Lake. The stable fire my last year was horrible.- Gail Cohen g7coh@ail.com
Gail Cohen

Danielson, CT

#45 Jul 18, 2012
Susan Abel Postal wrote:
<quoted text>
Which Marc are you and where are you from?
I went to Sky Lake from 1957-1963. I am still in touch with a lot of former Sky Lakers.
Did we know each other?
Susan (Suzi) Abel Postal
Hi Susan. I remember you well. Thrilled to find Carla Lewis and you. I am very interested in having a Sky Lake reunion. Made a big mistake and went up there in the 1990's. Missed the Lodge and cabins. Thought of Sky Lake all these years. Do you have contact info for Ann Rothenberg and Robin Altman. Also want to find Ronnie Jackoeitz, and Sarah Deem. Also Laura Krugman - I want to get in touch with Ducie. I had her number once. I talked to Mark Medoff in New Mexico a long time ago. All my best to you, and let's have a Reunion!- Gail Cohen Age 62 now!

Since: Jul 12

Danielson, CT

#46 Jul 18, 2012
Sing the song and songs all the time!- Gail Cohen

Since: Jul 12

Danielson, CT

#47 Jul 18, 2012
Judy aka Froggie wrote:
This is for anybody who went to Sky Lake, not just Donna. It's Judy Freudberg, and I was at Sky Lake for 10 years, starting in 1958. Hi! I just posted a comment for Donna, but she might not be looking at this. I just might have to join Facebook!
Judy great to see the Sky Lake site, and to find you. I never forgot your family's department store! Talked to Ducie in the 1990's, but no longer have her phone number. Would live to have a Sky Lake Reunion! Best to you. I live in St. Petersburg, FL.- Gail Cohen g7coh@ail.com
Sam Leder

Boca Raton, FL

#48 Jan 6, 2013
Just looked up sky lake connections -it has been many years I was there in 1953,54 and part of 1955 . Seleder@ledergroup.com
Sam Leder

Boca Raton, FL

#49 Jan 6, 2013
Any people fromearly50's
Steve rothlein

Leesburg, FL

#50 Jan 13, 2013
I spent 3 summers at sky lake camp along with my brother Lee in the 1960's. Alan and Nina balsam, carol Stevens, ronnie jacowitz,, Ira, Sid, Hank, Judy f, Billy, Jackie Katz, Marc ivler, Spencer Gordon,, Orin, mike Mann, are a few friends I remember..
Steve rothlein

Leesburg, FL

#51 Jan 13, 2013
I attended sky lake camp in the 1960's with my brother Lee.
Lots mof great memories including Hank singing marrhia, al and Nina balsam, Jay Trent,Billy, carol Stevens, jacki Katz, froggie, Ronnie jacowitz,Marc ivler, and many more.

My e mail is srothlein@comcast.net..love to reminisce.
Eric

Miami, FL

#52 Mar 19, 2013
Donna wrote:
Hi Suzi, and others
My husband,Ira and I owned Skylake fro '62-'67.
Remembering all the names, places and events that y'all are talking about. It was near the end of "the good-old days" that we were involved with Sky-Lake,but those memories still hold a special place in our heart. Upper-lake, lower-lake, Chalet, Lucille in the kitchen, Bean Creek, the waterfall, white-lightening. "Here's to Sky-Lake our camps the Best.....
I went to sky lake in 1967-8 and have great memories from playing softball to eating great hamburgers in the dining room at dinner time. My counselor was skip. Great reading all of the stories here. My email is iamamouse@aol.com
Jeffry Melnick

Los Angeles, CA

#53 Aug 8, 2013
I went to Skylake in the mid 50's I have no idea why I looked it up. I don't remember much about it. After Skylake I went to Camp Ocala. It was a fun time of my life. I now live in Los Angeles

J
Sandra Mendelson

Gainesville, FL

#54 Aug 10, 2013
Summer always brings back such great memories of the wonderful summers I spent at Skylake. I spent 6 years there from the time I was 7 (56-61). We used to take our kids camping in that same area for a number of years and I even made my husband make a side trip by there a few years ago, but, alas, it is now a subdivision - so sad. I recognize some of the names in the posts but I never kept in touch with anyone.
CARLTON MCDONALD

Fitzgerald, GA

#56 Feb 18, 2014
Was there 1946, they had a swimming instructor, called "cuz" beautifu jet black hair, always wore red bathing suit, she went to the university of Georgia, girls camp across the lake, we had a train ride to Brasstown Bald mountain, and even went to movie in Clarkesville.played the ole Bean Creek baseball team (they were black),had five other boys from my home town that as with me-a great time.
Eva Fenster

Homer, GA

#57 May 12, 2014
Hi. I live in skylake , and fl. I knew about the camp from a neiborg in fl. That went to camp here. Here is a link so you all can see that the natural beauty have not change . We love our community, you all are welcome to come and visit. See for your self , this are wonderful pictures.
Http://skylakepoa.org/poa/photos/videos/allVi...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SummerGrove is no longer a jewel but a "COW PATTY" (Sep '11) Tue SG Resident 1,800
SouthCrest/CrossRoads Church Tue Newnan 18
Walmart shopping trip turned into a nightmare (Apr '14) Nov 24 Concerned Citizen 8
Cold Stone Ashley park cruel to employees Nov 22 Concerned customer 1
Newnan lawyer suspended for 6 months Nov 22 fast and furious 2
Jeff Chandler Resigned (May '14) Nov 18 former member 1,281
Heritage Christian School is SCAM (Apr '13) Nov 18 Jean33red 32

Cleveland News Video

Cleveland Dating
Find my Match

Cleveland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cleveland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cleveland

Personal Finance