Jay Trent

Kissimmee, FL

#21 Feb 9, 2010
I just got wind of this forum. What a time trip!
I have the official 1963 & 1964 entire camp group photos if anyone is interested. I confess. I led the raid on the girls camp in '66.
Ronnie Dreyfus{> Claudia
Richie Schwartz{> Sue Ellen
off to check out FB now
Regards,
Jay
No Middle Initial

Ukiah, CA

#22 Feb 17, 2010
Jay Trent wrote:
I just got wind of this forum. What a time trip!
I have the official 1963 & 1964 entire camp group photos if anyone is interested. I confess. I led the raid on the girls camp in '66.
Ronnie Dreyfus{> Claudia
Richie Schwartz{> Sue Ellen
off to check out FB now
Regards,
Jay
How would I go about looking at these Pix.
Reply: [email protected]
Thanx
alan b

Chestnut Hill, MA

#23 Mar 4, 2010
I'm so glad I ran across the Sky Lake site. My twin sister nina and I went there during the early '60's and heve great memories. The dance contests, talent night, the plays, etc. We remember the Lewis'(nina went with chuck and I had a crush on carla), and nina just connected with David Hoch. We remember Ira (and Donna) who were friends with our parents at the Y.
Sky Lake , we'll not forget you
In the months that lie ahead
From the moment that we met you
What wonderful lives we led....
Susan Abel Postal

Hollywood, FL

#24 Mar 4, 2010
alan b wrote:
I'm so glad I ran across the Sky Lake site. My twin sister nina and I went there during the early '60's and heve great memories. The dance contests, talent night, the plays, etc. We remember the Lewis'(nina went with chuck and I had a crush on carla), and nina just connected with David Hoch. We remember Ira (and Donna) who were friends with our parents at the Y.
Alan, please get onto the Sky Lake Camps, Sautee, Ga FB page.
Tell Nina to check it out, also. I was Nina's counselor the first year (I think) you went to SLC. She and I liked each other very much.
She is in a cabin picture I posted. You will both enjoy the photos and memorabilia. Perhaps y'all have some to add.
Great to hear from you.
Best to both of you,
Susan (Suzi) Abel Postal
Judy aka Froggie

Poughkeepsie, NY

#25 Oct 1, 2010
Donna wrote:
Hi Suzie,
No more clearasil- now just wrinkle remover. We're in Boca, fat and sassy. I guess the spirit of Sky Lake never leaves you!! There were good times. And for sure, youth is wasted on the young. Hope your're doing well and we'll try to call.
Love,
Donna
Hi, Donna,

Remember me? From Memphis?
I don't know if you'll be seeing this, but this is the first time I've seen this site. I've been to the Facebook page and just now to this place, and I can't believe it! I know almost all the names from way back then. I didn't remember that you and Ira bought the camp as early as 1962, but I started going there in 1958 and continued until 1967. I hope I'm not too late here.
Judy aka Froggie
Judy aka Froggie

Poughkeepsie, NY

#26 Oct 1, 2010
This is for anybody who went to Sky Lake, not just Donna. It's Judy Freudberg, and I was at Sky Lake for 10 years, starting in 1958. Hi! I just posted a comment for Donna, but she might not be looking at this. I just might have to join Facebook!
Donna

Powder Springs, GA

#27 Oct 2, 2010
Judy aka Froggie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Donna,
Remember me? From Memphis?
I don't know if you'll be seeing this, but this is the first time I've seen this site. I've been to the Facebook page and just now to this place, and I can't believe it! I know almost all the names from way back then. I didn't remember that you and Ira bought the camp as early as 1962, but I started going there in 1958 and continued until 1967. I hope I'm not too late here.
Judy aka Froggie
Hi Froggie
Donna

Powder Springs, GA

#28 Oct 2, 2010
Froggie,Froggie,Froggie,

How are you?? We tried to find you so many times and the closest we got was watching the credits roll on Sesame Street. We saw Suzie Abel and she looks great and it was really a blast from the past. We're in South Florida (I'm pretending to be a Boca Babe). Please email us at [email protected] We would love to catch up with you.
Ira remembers when y'all had lunch together in New York and then he says, "You disappeared".
Can't wait to hear from you.
Donna and Ira
Susan Abel Postal

Hollywood, FL

#29 Oct 2, 2010
Judy aka Froggie wrote:
This is for anybody who went to Sky Lake, not just Donna. It's Judy Freudberg, and I was at Sky Lake for 10 years, starting in 1958. Hi! I just posted a comment for Donna, but she might not be looking at this. I just might have to join Facebook!
Judy Freudberg:
Run don't walk and join our Sky Lake page on Facebook ASAP to enjoy all the pictures and memories. For as you well know, "Sky Lake is more than just a summer". You won't believe what amazing things have been posted. Perhaps you have photos and memorabilia to add.
See you there....
Susan (Suzi) Abel
Carol Stevens-Penson

Hollywood, FL

#30 Jun 26, 2011
Hi Everybody,
It's great to hear all about everybody's favorite adventures at Skylake.
Such a great time to grow up and be allowed to be a kid with little or no worries except who likes who etc. The good old days. I ;live in Miami and would love to hear from anybody who might remember me, because I remember just about everybody so it would be fun to reconnect. Hope to hear from somebody!
Also. to the Steinmetzs, you ran the best camp ever, we all appreciate the happy
summers you provided for all of us. There was never a bad word said about Skylake. Totally a positive experience.
Carol Stevens-Penson
Susan -Suzi Abel- Postal

Hollywood, FL

#31 Jun 26, 2011
Carol,
For a real treat, go to our Facebook page at Sky Lake Camps, Sautee, Ga. If you are not on FB, join or check it out through someone's account to relive some memories.
We have over 200 pictures posted and news of a reunion.
Great to hear from you. I see your brother, Henry, and your mom from time to time. Tell Henry and Jack to check us out, as well.
Take good care,
Susan
Hank Weisman

Waterford, MI

#32 Jul 24, 2011
I was a counselor in 1964 and 1965. I taught rifelry in '64 (why not, I had a gun!) and water skiing in '65 when Richie Schwartz was canned before the start of camp. So many great people and I enjoyed playing guitar and singing for them all. I still tell about the camper who wrote home that his counselor sings "The Same" (meaning the Kingston Trio balled, "The Seine"). My email is [email protected]
Susan -Suzi Abel- Postal

Hollywood, FL

#33 Jul 24, 2011
"See you in September" at the reunion.
It will be a blast from the past.
Have you checked out Facebook - Sky Lake Camps, Sautee, Ga.?
Susan (Suzi Abel) Postal
Pat

Memphis, TN

#34 Jul 25, 2011
Well, here it is July, 2011 and we are having a reunion in N. Ga. at Unicoi State Park Sept. 9 - 11

We have pictures, song sheets, camp fire and vespers and a day to spend at Sky Lake itself!!! We are looking forward to going back to camp!!! Come join us. Get in touch: [email protected]
Carla Lewis

Roswell, GA

#35 Aug 12, 2011
alan b wrote:
Hi Alan,
I have thought of you and your sister often! I would love to catch up. I live in Jupiter, FL and also have a vacation home in SKYLAKE!
I am a ballet teacher and don't go online much, but you can email me at [email protected]
I am also on Facebook, but don't go on it often.
RICK WARD

Madison, GA

#36 Aug 29, 2011
I had one of the best summers of my life at Sky Lake. I was in Hillcrest with Micky Reusch, Jon Reusch, Mike Lubo, Dave Stern,Marc Epstein. Bud Medoff and Mike Morrison were our counselors. Bud kept me in Cigarettes, he was my hero then. I got to kiss Susie Able in "Annie Get Your Gun". She could sing and act and I couldn't. comets, meteors, planets and stars and all the fun. Wish I could do it more time. This hill billy learned skidda ma rinky dinky dink, skidda marinky do, eat ratnoo. I think that was a Hillcrest song. Rick Ward [email protected]
God Bless you all.
Susan -Suzi Abel- Postal

Hollywood, FL

#37 Sep 20, 2011
The Sky Lake Is More Than Just A summer Reunion 2011 has come and gone. For those who were there, it was everything we hoped it would be and more.
Old friendships were rekindled, new friendships were made and a most outrageous time was had by all.
Rick Ward and I performed our duet from Annie Get Your Gun and danced together after half a century.
It was a surreal experience of epic proportion.
The stargazers, comets, planets and stars were aligned: the moon was full and the sky was the bluest ever seen as the universe provided for us the most amazing weekend imaginable. There was enough warmth and love to last another fifty years.....
Susan (Suzi Abel) "Abes" Postal

Fairy tales can come true, it can happen to you, if you're young at heart....weren't we all children/teenagers again... I am so proud of Abes, Erk Erk, and Greyhound, and myself for putting the reunion together for ourselves, and all of you who also made it your priority, you who wanted to share it with us, wow, were we a bonded group or what. I enjoyed every one of us, new and old. I had such horrible separation anxiety....tears of joy and happiness. We were all blessed with everything perfect from the mountains, the sky, the weather, interaction...can you get over it??? I can't..Love you all,
Pat "Poopy" "Genius" Schneider Zeitlin

We discovered that we are all still kids-Sky Lake was magical when we were there 50 years ago and we proved you can catch lightening in a bottle one more time, and it is still magical. All and I mean all of the same feelings came to me this weekend. Anticipation for the start, joy of living it, fear of it being over too soon and deep depression when we had to go home. Boy that was fun, just wish I could tell Chopper stories like the Rabbi. Thanks to all who came and how important it was for us to be there together. One of my greatest weekends ever.
Paul "Erk Erk" Ehrlich

There are four new heroes in my life-Susan, Pat, Tommy, and Paul. The weekend was better than I could have imagined. For those who attended, I know you agree. For those who tried and couldn't, all of us send you the best karma possible. And for those who thought it wasn't worth the trouble...well, we've all made bad decisions in our lives. Chalk up another one. Sky Lake will always be more than just a summer!
Marc "Ballads & Botox" Epstein

So A Toast to the Past
A Toast to the future
And let there be no Sorrow
Remember when the Sun Goes Down
It returns with a Bright Tomorrow.........
Richard Turbin

Asheville, NC

#38 Mar 13, 2012
Susan Abel Postal wrote:
<quoted text>
Alan, please get onto the Sky Lake Camps, Sautee, Ga FB page.
Tell Nina to check it out, also. I was Nina's counselor the first year (I think) you went to SLC. She and I liked each other very much.
She is in a cabin picture I posted. You will both enjoy the photos and memorabilia. Perhaps y'all have some to add.
Great to hear from you.
Best to both of you,
Susan (Suzi) Abel Postal
I was a Senior Boys Counselor at Sky Lake...1963......Richard Turbin
Susan Suzi Abel Postal

Hollywood, FL

#39 Mar 14, 2012
Richard Turbin wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a Senior Boys Counselor at Sky Lake...1963......Richard Turbin
I was a 17 year old long time Sky Lake Camper from Miami Beach, who was a third year counselor in 1963.
Please find our page on Facebook: Sky Lake Camps, Sautee, Ga. You will find many people there from 1963. We had a reunion in September, 2011. Many photos and friends from camp and from our SKY LAKE IS MORE THAN JUST A SUMMER REUNION 2011 are on Facebbook. Check us out.
judy

Homestead, FL

#40 Jul 3, 2012
Claudia wrote:
I was at Sky Lake 10 years! My cousins Natalie, Barbara, & Hank Klausman got me there at 7 yrs. old & their mother, my Aunt Roz (remember when we'd all sing "Ain't She Sweet" whenever she'd come into the dining room?!)has a tombstome on the property. Since I moved to Miami in 1972, I've reconnected with some Miami Sky Lakers--Susan Abel, Ronnie Jackowitz, Cara Gardner, Mark Epstein, Henry Stevens. Bud Medoff is in Boston, Laura Krugman lives in France. I can be reached at [email protected] PS Judy, what was your last name?
segal, if i'm the right judy. i went from '62 -'66 when ira and donna steinmetz owned it. went to camp sky top in n.c. before that from '56 -'61, then it was turned into a nudist camp, or so i heard

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deputies Smith and Sepanski murder handcuffed m... May 21 truth be told 2
Review: Nulink (May '09) May 6 Bell 85
News Dawson Street Christian School opens in Newnan (Sep '13) May 6 Troyvelle Sharpe 11
SummerGrove is no longer a jewel but a "COW PATTY" (Sep '11) May 5 Informer 1,907
time for Lumpkin county to have a barking dog o... (Nov '15) May 5 lumplin county re... 5
Mcclure Builders May 1 cheatsinlumpkin 2
News In gold rush town, plan to destroy building mee... (Oct '15) May 1 cheatsinlumpkin 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cleveland Mortgages