2 killed in Clermont shooting

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Lake County authorities are hunting for three vehicles possibly involved in a shooting that happened about 5 p.m. today at the Greater Hills subdivision off of State Road 50.
Comments
61 - 76 of 76 Comments Last updated Jun 5, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
noonecares

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

cops don't care here in clermont, gangs & drugs are all over east ridge hs, murder was over a girl.
crystal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

noonecares wrote:
cops don't care here in clermont, gangs & drugs are all over east ridge hs, murder was over a girl.
How do you know it was over a girl??? And why kill 2 people over her???
Unknown

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2008

I personally knew the guy who shot the two people in Greater Hills subdivision. I've known him for years now and as sad as it is to say, it is in the best interest that he was caught. His family is sicilian, and they are absolutely loaded. He has always gotten everything handed to him. It's just a shame, someone with so much potential ended up taking two lives due to DRUGS! I was informed after his mugshot was seen on tv that he left the state. It took a few minutes, but I felt it was best for everyone if I called the tip line to give what information I knew. A few weeks later, the news announced he had been found in the state I was informed he ran to. May God have mercy on Genio, and I hope he gets what he deserves for taking the lives of the two men killed.
Unknown

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2008

"cops don't care here in clermont, gangs & drugs are all over east ridge hs, murder was over a girl."

If you are referring to the two guys killed in the Greater Hills subdivision, please stop believing everything some 15 & 16 year olds tell you. Genio was a personal friend of mine, and his family told me everything that happened, why he fled, and why they helped him. I have heard so many stories coming from middle & high schoolers, but none of you know what really happened, except the 17 yr old he murdered. This was DRUG related, nothing to do with a girl. Genio was a so called "drug lord" of lake co. He's been in trouble many times before this. Sadly, everyone who knew him, knew what he was capable of, but I guess we all thought it would never happen to someone so close to us, that we loved, and so close to home.

So please, stop spreading rumors and lies. That's all that makes up our society now-a-days. None of these high schoolers were there when this happened, so believing what came out of Genio's mouth is the most believable. Besides, do some research, the two that were shot had NUMEROUS complaints about drug trafficking. So think about it, a so called "drug lord" kills two drug traffickers... and you think its over a girl?

Not to be rude, but NO girl in lake county was able to keep Genio's interest, including many of my best friends who dated him. He wouldn't have risked his life over a girl. Money, that's another story.
Nevada

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Bitch, im the drug lord of lake county.
Transplanted Yankee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

My your intellect just shines in a comment like that. Please, share with us some more enlightening thoughts to demonstrate your sharp, informed and non-stereotypical wit.
Patiently awaiting your wisdom,
Transplanted Yankee
florida native wrote:
transplanted yankee trash from up north bringing drugs and crime to the area, used to be such a great place to live, not anymore
Lost

Elkville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

If you people think that the drugs and crime with gangs just hit Clermont you need to think again I grew up in that town they've been there for a while starting with the Folknation they have been there as long as i can remember just ask the police they have been getting paid off for years. And as far as the drugs go find anyone who isn't on something including the police force I can name cops and thier choices
Lost

Elkville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Nevada wrote:
Bitch, im the drug lord of lake county.
The only reason someone would say something that stupid on the computer is they are completely brain dead i don't know who you are but the only reason you are anybody if you are is because my husband left the area
LiL BuddY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2010

yeh,we popped that dude! we got it craccin up north and we brought it to FL! this our state now!
Lost

Elkville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2010

You migt have popped someone but i know it wasn't my husband.and maybe you should learn how to spell you must have went to school in the north.And if you think Fl is your state you are so wrong the only thing that state has is nothing but trouble and crap starting people who think they are somebody but are nothing
Tom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2010

my husband is on his way down there right now
so look out
it's about to get all fo'shizzie up in this hizzie
Tom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2010

yeah we're gay dopers

big whupe
Lost

Elkville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

I don't know why you would admit to being a gay doper unless the Florida sun has really burned your brain like i said before that place aint nothing but trouble and anyone who says otherwise is living in a dream world
gillyisland

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2010

hm wouldnt you know they finaly got caught, they have been dealing drugs in that house for a while prior to the incident, after the young man's grandmother died in that house he started getting into selling "drugs' in means of making fast money even when he was working he mainly maid his money during drug trafficking as well as having a main "person" in orlando who was aparently the main problem, its almost 2011, and that "man" is still dealing those drugs from what i know he hasnt changed since i knew who he was. i beleive the only way that authorities are going to be able to get a warrent into that house, is having a key witness who knows that their are drugs in their, because of that man those two young men were shot, although the police officers attempt to get the primary shoot was successful, they have to get to the root of the problem and it is the grandson of that house. the guy that shot those men was not at all in self "defense" as far as i know they left th house and the guy went after them and shot them behind their back, taking a life for a small amount of drugs and money... i beg that the justic system takes into consideration that led up to these murders because i dont beleive that jusitice is not served until that grandson is in jail for what he has commited, and induced, by having a drug trafficking house underneath his grandfathers home.
sure shot

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

lcso is full of amateurs the chief is a basket case
they are afraid to do their jobs we need some one who is not afraid
polk cty volusia city orange cty all have good cops
Kingfish

Ypsilanti, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Silly Roids.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Clermont Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Clermont People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••