Perkins is closing...
FL Cutie

Maitland, FL

#2 Oct 21, 2006
They are not going bankrupt since they own other restaurants in Florida and other states. Clermont is a slow and changing town. Nothing against Clermont it is not built up enough to support a classic family restaurant.
x REPUBLICAN

Orlando, FL

#3 Nov 4, 2006
FL Cutie wrote:
They are not going bankrupt since they own other restaurants in Florida and other states. Clermont is a slow and changing town. Nothing against Clermont it is not built up enough to support a classic family restaurant.
Perkins in Clermont is my favorite restaraunt. They never run out of things and the food always comes quick, especially on Sundays.
Tough Guy

AOL

#4 Nov 21, 2006
x REPUBLICAN wrote:
<quoted text>Perkins in Clermont is my favorite restaraunt. They never run out of things and the food always comes quick, especially on Sundays.
I think its going out of business because its not ran very good
A Clermont resident

Denver, CO

#5 Mar 1, 2007
Clermont it is not built up enough to support a classic family restaurant Since when is Perkins a classic family restaurant??.then why does Dennys thrive??
Swarlock

Leesburg, FL

#6 Apr 13, 2007
Mom and I went to the one in RThe Orlando area only to find it wasn't there anymore.

Since: Dec 06

Clermont

#7 Apr 14, 2007
Probably Cracker Barrel and Bob Evans and Denny's have something to do with this. And they generally have a better breakfast with more food. Bob Evans has great service and great food; and Cracker Barrel is the classic, not Perkins. Of course we can support a restaurant here (there are many already and more coming)-- did you ever try to find a parking place on Sunday morning or around noontime?!

FL CUTIE: You were last in Clermont when?
X-PerkinsHostess

Summerfield, FL

#8 Oct 23, 2011
I worked at this particular Perkins from October '10 till May of this year. When I started working there, the owner told me they were struggling to stay afloat--there was simply too many competitors (Ihop, Bob Evans, Dennys, CB)
and the economy was not helping things either. It was a rather busy holiday season, and we had lots of customers. Things took a nosedive when the snowbirds left--I went in for a server shift one night and for 4 hours we had NO customers. The owner is nearing retirement age and maybe he decided to cut his losses?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clermont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Lake County Arrests & Mugshots (Feb '14) Sep 18 Larry 3
News Mobile unit offers free mammogram screening (Dec '14) Sep 5 Terri 2
News Lake County investigating abuse allegations at ... (Jun '08) Aug '16 Mother of a child 53
John Beaver is a Drunk Legend Jul '16 Sharin Peter 1
Bonnie Kurowski (Mar '16) Jun '16 Bob Smith 3
News Groveland OKs rezoning for 500 homes in swamp (Aug '06) Jun '16 Denny421 2
Bi gay clermont minneola florida May '16 Cockisbetterthanp... 1

Clermont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clermont Mortgages