Montverde jazzing up its downtown

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

It will be Montverde like it has never been seen before. A new spin on a historic downtown.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Anonymous

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

Too bad the outskirts of Montverde are loaded with drug dealers, rednecks, and skanks.

What an interesting place to put a gated neighborhood for rich people and a private school?
A person

Clermont, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

That is all true, very much. But, the school has been there longer than most of those people and things have not always been that way. It's just what happens. But it is time for the town to change as a resident for several years now.
Smart guy

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

There is no downtown montverde. You have zero lot lines, no parking, no business's, and if someone tries to open a business they are run off by the residents. All you have are one room 100 year old buildings. There is no downtown Montverde it left over 70 years ago.
Smart guy

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

Judged:

The Mayor is an idiot and it is a smoke and mirror game to make himself look good for re-election next year (NOT) it sounds good in the paper but that is all. Down montverde does not even exsist, and he knows it
Montverde Resident

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2008

Judged:

Montverde could use some sprucing up.... But "Smart Guy" of Kissimmee, you don't know squat about Montverde... Saying that there are zero lot line, no parking, and no businesses. Try talking about something you know about not pretend to know about. I live here and there is way more to Montverde than you know about obviously.
Also Montverde Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2008

Judged:

We are very excited for the change, and already our Mayor has done some amazing feats! The many road changes have already made driving home enjoyable. The law enforcement is doing a great job, as well as our fire department. Thank You!
montverde resident

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2008

Judged:

The mayor and town counsel are doing a very good job, trying to correct problems from the previous
administration from years back. Our biggest problem is that for the town taxes we pay, we have little to show for it. The town has nothing to offer. However, some in town are very proud of the fact that they in years past have legally embezzel from the towns tax payers. I find it amazing for a town with 1200 residents, we have a 2.4 millon dollars cash surplus, and the people who bitch the most pay the least taxes.
I Live In 34756 Too

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2008

Judged:

Too bad they don't put the Montverde Post Office where EVERYONE who lives in Montverde is welcome to use it--outside town limits. Mayor Bennett has made it quite obvious that hundreds of locals with Montverde addresses are not welcome in the downtown area--as evidenced by his closing off Third Street at Bay Avenue.

Self-serving less than a hundred people to the detriment of nearly a thousand is bad karma, and I trust that, when election time rolls around, even those of us who live in unincorporated Montverde are going to be working AGAINST "Mayor" Bennett.

Good riddance, short-timer.......you haven't lived in 34756 long enough to realize your new money doesn't impress your neighbors.
I Live In 34756 Too

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2008

Has anyone else noticed Montverde has Code Enforcement staff on the payroll but no laws in effect to be enforced? They can't even require residents to clean up nasty lawns because they have no teeth. And no time to enact any because they're too busy spending some of your budget surplus.

Stick around awhile and keep the mayor and current council--you won't have two nickels left to rub together.

There is NOTHING wrong with a small town; every town does not have to turn into Windermere!!!
MUMC

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2008

Tonight at 6:30 Montverde United Methodist Church will present Christmas Eve service. Come experience the glory of Christ's birth with us.

Please join us, all are welcome.

Merry Christmas and God Bless You All.
you know me

Apopka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

as I sit here and read all that has been written I cant under stand why the people that know nothing of montverde even bother wasting our time with all your crap I live here and this town was better a few years ago when the montverde General Store was open .Whe the real people came out and talked with each other and sat in rocking chairs in front of the store that is montverde that is why I moved here 11 years ago .But know the town had to make things hard so that all the people ended up looseing every thing . that was the town no one else .they rather see it just sit there so that they can scoop it all up in the end come cant you see it they end up with every ones property .this is not orlando we want country stores fair prices people walking around the way it was . we dont need day spas we need the general store back and other and the ice cream store and a game room for kids remember them .so all of you that know nothing this is what montverde should be .
Louis Cypher

Harwich, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2010

Any attempts at civilizing the downtown area will only result in more UFO's. The sky is spangled with them as it is!

http://home.comcast.net/~montverdehistory/
Montverder

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

This town and its code enforcement is a joke...so the mayor closes a street to work on it - but no work is being done on it ? Hmmmmmm....... We have code enforcement in Montverde that obviously isnt doing a thing ? Take a ride through Montverde Mobil Home Park and you will see "TONS" of yard waste, dead trees , dead plants, garbage , junk cars NOT under cover, Airboats NOT under cover , tires holding water for mosquito breeding , rims, misc garbage in front of yards etc...... This town has no code enforcement at all - PERIOD. If you want to clean this town up start there and fine these violaters and bring that communitys cleanliness standards out of the stone age. Close a street to turn a blind eye - is that what you did ? We are paying the mayor and the town council to literally do NOTHING of any merit - Earn your pay Bennett - DO SOMETHING and start there.
MONTVERDE res

Tavares, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

Montverder wrote:
This town and its code enforcement is a joke...so the mayor closes a street to work on it - but no work is being done on it ? Hmmmmmm....... We have code enforcement in Montverde that obviously isnt doing a thing ? Take a ride through Montverde Mobil Home Park and you will see "TONS" of yard waste, dead trees , dead plants, garbage , junk cars NOT under cover, Airboats NOT under cover , tires holding water for mosquito breeding , rims, misc garbage in front of yards etc...... This town has no code enforcement at all - PERIOD. If you want to clean this town up start there and fine these violaters and bring that communitys cleanliness standards out of the stone age. Close a street to turn a blind eye - is that what you did ? We are paying the mayor and the town council to literally do NOTHING of any merit - Earn your pay Bennett - DO SOMETHING and start there.
The mobil hm sub is not in the town so therefore it can not be code enforce by the town that would be the counties job. Know what you r talking about before you start running your mouth. And to think u vote for Obama also...no research.
MONTVERDE res

Tavares, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

I Live In 34756 Too wrote:
Too bad they don't put the Montverde Post Office where EVERYONE who lives in Montverde is welcome to use it--outside town limits. Mayor Bennett has made it quite obvious that hundreds of locals with Montverde addresses are not welcome in the downtown area--as evidenced by his closing off Third Street at Bay Avenue.
Self-serving less than a hundred people to the detriment of nearly a thousand is bad karma, and I trust that, when election time rolls around, even those of us who live in unincorporated Montverde are going to be working AGAINST "Mayor" Bennett.
Good riddance, short-timer.......you haven't lived in 34756 long enough to realize your new money doesn't impress your neighbors.
Well the mayor is born and raised here...you live in the county
2_TRUE_4_U

Clermont, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

I Live In 34756 Too wrote:
Be sure and look Dale Heathman up . He could use the help to put the Cronies on their @zzez
Babycakes

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

See. Others do it too and no one jumps all over them.
2_TRUE_4_U

Clermont, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

montverde resident wrote:
The mayor and town counsel are doing a very good job, trying to correct problems from the previous
administration from years back. Our biggest problem is that for the town taxes we pay, we have little to show for it. The town has nothing to offer. However, some in town are very proud of the fact that they in years past have legally embezzel from the towns tax payers. I find it amazing for a town with 1200 residents, we have a 2.4 millon dollars cash surplus, and the people who bitch the most pay the least taxes.
That's your whole gripe in a nutshell ... You came and found that someone had the ability to provide a surplus and you parasite freaks jumped in to spend it ? You Mag 1 and Mag
2 zers paid too much for your big , fancy looking , cardboard house on a 1/4 acre and think that gives you the right to dictate ... Go back to the Snotburg you came from ... You don't get to pull your FASCIST B.S. in Montverde without a attitude adjustment .
2_TRUE_4_U

Clermont, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

montverde resident wrote:
The previous administration that reached into his own pocket to get an outside Lawyer to prove that the Towns Charter meant exactly what it says???... Because your "STOOGES" don't want to live within the constraints of the Rules of Government and the Charter and the U.S. Constitution ?... And want to use the money for cute bricks with your stupid name on ot ... RATHER THAN THE AGING WATER LINES THAT NEED WORK ?.... parasite

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Clermont Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Clermont Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Clermont People Search