3 teens arrested after prank gets out of control

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

They called it a prank. Authorities are calling it a felony. A group of Lake County teens is learning the hard way that actions have consequences.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of71
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
A Mother 2

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

WOW!! That was pretty bad. You know when I was a teenager, we did some crazy things to our friends car but nothing like that. Urinating in the air vent's, how stupid is that. What did these kids think was going to happen, that she victim would just laugh it off...LOL, I think thses kids should be made work and pay to have the car fixed.
Jenny

Wildwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Why shouldn't these hoodlums think they could go to jail for this?? This wasn't a school prank (like toilet papering a tree) that is meant in fun (ie a school game rivalry). This was vicious gang mentality action against a girl because she was the ex of some guy in the group.

I hope the book gets thrown at these kids as an example to make sure other morons don't think this idiocy is "cute".
Dan

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

what do those stickers say? "wondering if there's an afterlife? touch this car and find out"

“American Against Fascism”

Since: Apr 08

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Hateful is the correct term.
Up L8

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Hope they don't get the slap on the wrist as they are all adults; albeit stupid and ignorant adults with no tact or class. They're parent's should be slapped for raising them up like that.
Up L8

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Jenny wrote:
Why shouldn't these hoodlums think they could go to jail for this?? This wasn't a school prank (like toilet papering a tree) that is meant in fun (ie a school game rivalry). This was vicious gang mentality action against a girl because she was the ex of some guy in the group.
I hope the book gets thrown at these kids as an example to make sure other morons don't think this idiocy is "cute".
Your view of this crime sounds accurate. I too hope they are punished appropriately. It does sound like a gang mentality act.
MY Opinion

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Where did the car repair quotes come from her cuz who has a chop shop mang.
Obama Cabinet Nominee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

We need to appoint a good liberal judge in Groveland that understands that these young people that ALLEGEDLY did this have a hard enough life already and we should give them some kind of government run summer job like at a park or being a lifeguard somewhere so that they can grow up to be good liberals and not have a felony on their record so they can vote for more liberals next election.
Rush This To Limbaugh

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Obama Cabinet Nominee wrote:
We need to appoint a good liberal judge in Groveland that understands that these young people that ALLEGEDLY did this have a hard enough life already and we should give them some kind of government run summer job like at a park or being a lifeguard somewhere so that they can grow up to be good liberals and not have a felony on their record so they can vote for more liberals next election.
Why? When they can just get special treatment and get a plushy job with dad at AIG and assign themselves large bonuses with the blessings of a republican President who is compassionate about deregulizing the fiancial industry. Oh, I forgot. The republicans are a marginalized party now with no leader, unless of course, you consider the Rush Limbaugh (now that's a laugh) your leader. Good luck.
Proud Liberal

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Jenny wrote:
Yes, let's fill the jails and prisons with stupid 18 year olds so there's no room for dangerous criminals. Fine, probation and restitution is the appropriate punishment here. And while we're at it, raise the felony threshold above $500. It's stupid to still have it so low.
Tyrone

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

What Do You Expect wrote:
Thus is the savagery of white trash teens.
You got that right!!!! You got that damn right!!!!!!!!!!
just saying

Debary, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Proud Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, let's fill the jails and prisons with stupid 18 year olds so there's no room for dangerous criminals. Fine, probation and restitution is the appropriate punishment here. And while we're at it, raise the felony threshold above $500. It's stupid to still have it so low.
I agree...we need to put violent people in jail...not kids who are dumb. I say make them pay a fine...AND make them personally clean the urine/silly string/etc out of the car. What they cant fix themselves they have to pay to get fixed.
trtsmb

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Jenny wrote:
This wasn't a prank. When did kids get so mean over teen break ups? I'll admit it's been awhile since high school but when people broke up in my high school, the ex might have got the silent treatment from other kids or the occasional insult to their face but it never involved vandalizing things.
Ju4L

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

great more teens doing bad things and getting nothing but a slap on the wrist
The Insider

Deland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

TRUTH wrote:
Mothers name is Ramirez, that's hispanic and makes this a Hate Crime.
Wrong
Oops

Cocoa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Urine trouble, kids.
LI_Mom

Holbrook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Reading the kneejerk reactions & comments here about "liberals" and "Hispanics" makes it pretty clear WHY today's kids have no respect for their fellow man.

Rather than attack some favorite scapegoat whenever something goes wrong, how about ADDRESSING the actual perpetrator..... the one who did wrong?

I'm sure in every socioeconomic group & in every race or religion, we can find endless examples of teenagers who do IDIOTIC or even criminal things.

These kids deserve to be slapped with a very hefty fine AND some community service that might make an impression on them. There was no violence involved, so I do believe it was just an idiotic prank that got WAY, WAY out of hand.

Stupid punks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Stupid punks do stupid things. I think the judge should sentence them to do all the repair work on the car while its in the shop. Make them strip the paint off by hand of course and do all the body work and have them repaint the car under the direct supervision of the manager of the shop so its done properly. This would also include removing the air vents they urinated in and cleaning them out. Any one of them that fails to show up or gives the manager a hard time goes right to jail for 6 months. All of this would have to be reported by the shops manager to the probation officer. Im sure theres a shop that would gladly assist the court in this manner if the punks also had to pay for all the materials out of pocket. After they learn what hard work it is to fix a car after this kind of vandalism I think they would learn a valuable lesson.
jose sepulveda

Laurinburg, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

This is the savagery of white trash teens..that's rigth
LI_Mom

Holbrook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Stupid punks wrote:
Stupid punks do stupid things. I think the judge should sentence them to do all the repair work on the car while its in the shop. Make them strip the paint off by hand of course and do all the body work and have them repaint the car under the direct supervision of the manager of the shop so its done properly. This would also include removing the air vents they urinated in and cleaning them out. Any one of them that fails to show up or gives the manager a hard time goes right to jail for 6 months. All of this would have to be reported by the shops manager to the probation officer. Im sure theres a shop that would gladly assist the court in this manner if the punks also had to pay for all the materials out of pocket. After they learn what hard work it is to fix a car after this kind of vandalism I think they would learn a valuable lesson.
That's a good idea BUT if it were my car, I wouldn't want to wait forever while it is being fixed by a bunch of amateurs. I'd want my car fixed by professionals.

But I do like the idea that these kids should be sentenced to some unpleasant labor.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of71
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Clermont Discussions

Search the Clermont Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 8 hr look at the poster noww 2,610
FL 'Hiccup girl' charged with murder in Florida (Oct '10) 9 hr Not True 1,785
Good Job Clermont PD Catching Illegal Housed Se... (Mar '13) Apr 13 rahul khan 6
'Acropolis?' 'The Hill?' Clermont asks advice f... Apr 9 Name it soon 1
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Mar 28 a quest by jA jA 2,066
Crushed by rising credit-card rates? You can fight (Apr '09) Mar 26 Eden 36
State won't fine Lake for violating class-size law Mar 26 just wondering 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Clermont Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Clermont People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE