clendenin is pretty shitty who/what is to blame ?

Posted in the Clendenin Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
clendenin resident

Charleston, WV

#1 Nov 30, 2012
im pretty sure its all the white people
Just the Truth

Charleston, WV

#2 Nov 30, 2012
clendenin resident wrote:
im pretty sure its all the white people
Don't start playing the race card. Maybe Clendenin is the way it is because of close minded thinking, bigotry, greed, lack of compassion, cruelty and just plain stupidness. You can find that anywhere.
clendenin resident

Charleston, WV

#3 Nov 30, 2012
thanks for perfectly describing white people "close minded thinking, bigotry, greed, lack of compassion, cruelty and just plain stupid"
Just the Truth

Charleston, WV

#4 Dec 1, 2012
There are plenty of people with color that fit those descriptions also.
clendenin resident

Charleston, WV

#5 Dec 1, 2012
that's true too my people are statistically smarter than both
Just the Truth

Charleston, WV

#6 Dec 1, 2012
clendenin resident wrote:
that's true too my people are statistically smarter than both
LOL....that's right, all our children are gifted and handsome.
lol

New York, NY

#7 Dec 2, 2012
The problem here is that people have opted for the welfare lifestyle and do not want anything more. They have discovered that taking government handouts is easier than hard work
Ralph E Lynch Realtor GRI

Charleston, WV

#8 Dec 2, 2012
I beg to differ with you about people choosing the welfare lifestyle. I have been selling Real Estate in Clendenin and Clendenin Addresses for almost 15 years. I have sold numerous properties in the area. I do not know of anyone on welfare that lives in one of those houses. There are very few vacant homes for sale in the city limits. If you see boarded up and detoriating homes here, then it would be a different story. We have very few vacant buildings in town for occupancy. There are many hardworking business owners and entepuners in this town. I am past 70 years old and grew up and graduated from Clendenin High School. In the past I have been a business owner in this small town and lived in and out of the area all my life. I do not consider Clendennin a S-----! town. Not to say we have not had some problems in the past with city government and so forth, a few breaking and enterings and only one homicide in maybe 40 to 50 years. But let's face it the crime rate is very low. So maybe our small town is not the "Coolest small town in America", but let's make the best of it and maybe if everyone tried a little harder, it would be a much better place to live. I am proud to say I was born and raised in Clendenin.
lol

Parkersburg, WV

#9 Dec 2, 2012
Ralph maybe you should go down to speedway for about an hour and see what the citizens of Clendenin really look and act like. I'm sure it's not the cushy little dream world you have imagined in your nice home. This town is full of nothing but pill heads, drunks, and welfare cases. The good citizens make up about 20% if that
clendenin resident

Charleston, WV

#10 Dec 2, 2012
lets not get started on the people that go into speedway hahaha
Oil Driller

Charleston, WV

#11 Dec 3, 2012
Rank States Amount
# 3 Texas: 333,435
# 28 Texas: 1.459 per 100 people
Texan Economy
# 4 Pennsylvania: 207,429
# 23 Pennsylvania: 1.669 per 100 people
Pennsylvanian Economy
# 5 Michigan: 202,469
# 13 Michigan: 2.001 per 100 people
Michigander Economy
# 6 Ohio: 188,108
# 24 Ohio: 1.641 per 100 people
Ohioan Economy
# 7 Tennessee: 180,466
# 4 Tennessee: 3.026 per 100 people
Tennessean Economy
# 19 Kentucky: 76,688
# 18 Kentucky: 1.838 per 100 people
Economy
# 20 Virginia: 70,199
# 45 Virginia: 0.928 per 100 people
Virginian Economy
# 21 Maryland: 62,066
# 40 Maryland: 1.108 per 100 people
Marylander Economy
# 32 New Mexico: 42,999
# 11 New Mexico: 2.23 per 100 people
Economy
# 33 West Virginia: 41,478
# 8 West Virginia: 2.283 per 100 people
West Virginian Economy
I WORK ALL OVER THE UNITED STATES. I WAS RAISED IN CLENDENIN AND VISIT QUITE OFTEN. WEST VIRGINIAN'S AND CLENDENINIAN'S MAKE UP A VERY SMALL GROUP OF PEOPLE ON WELFARE. I CURRENTLY LIVE IN TEXAS, WHERE I HAVE SEEN SOME REAL DOOZEY WELFARE RECIPIENTS. ON THE OTHER HAND HAS WEST VIRGINIA REALLY OFFERED ANY GOOD JOBS OTHER THAN A FEW COAL MINERS AND COLUMBIA GAS, A FEW PIPELINERS, MAYBE A CHEMICAL PLANT OR TWO. BUT REST ASSURED WEST VIRGINIA IS NOT THE SHITHOLE OF THE USA.
Just Sayin

Charleston, WV

#12 Dec 3, 2012
I have been born and raised in Clendenin and I still leave near there. I am one of this families that is on welfare but I'm on it because of my daughters medical issues. My husband works hard and if I work she wouldn't have medical insurance and we are even in the process of buying a house. Its not as bad as it may seem i tried living in Morgantown when i was going to school and I like the small town life better. I don't think that you could pay me enough to live in a big city. It's also a great place to raise a family like what I am doing with y life. My husband works and I stay at home its hard but we make it work and it is so peaceful in that small town.
WHAT

Charleston, WV

#13 Dec 4, 2012
Just Sayin wrote:
I have been born and raised in Clendenin and I still leave near there. I am one of this families that is on welfare but I'm on it because of my daughters medical issues. My husband works hard and if I work she wouldn't have medical insurance and we are even in the process of buying a house. Its not as bad as it may seem i tried living in Morgantown when i was going to school and I like the small town life better. I don't think that you could pay me enough to live in a big city. It's also a great place to raise a family like what I am doing with y life. My husband works and I stay at home its hard but we make it work and it is so peaceful in that small town.
you dont work so you can sponge a medical card off us taxpayers? buying a house also? what an abuse of our money
Oil Driller

Charleston, WV

#14 Dec 4, 2012
WHAT, WHY DON"T YOU BITCH AT YOUR LOCAL PIECE OF SHIT POLITICIANS FOR THIS ERROR. SHE PROBABLY CAN'T AFFORD HEALTH INSURANCE, AND IS INELIGABLE TO GET ASSISTANCE BECAUSE SHE EARNED TO MUCH MONEY. SO HER DAUGHTER'S HEALTH IS MORE IMPORTANT. YOU KNOW HOW THE SHITTY SYSTEM WORKS.
WHAT

Charleston, WV

#15 Dec 4, 2012
well...she can buy a house. says she wonyt work because she would lose her medical card. SIR OR MAAM. THAT IS ABUSING THE SYSTEM AND WHY SHOULD US TAXPAYERS PAY FOR HER
really

United States

#16 Dec 4, 2012
WHAT wrote:
well...she can buy a house. says she wonyt work because she would lose her medical card. SIR OR MAAM. THAT IS ABUSING THE SYSTEM AND WHY SHOULD US TAXPAYERS PAY FOR HER
This is not abusing the system. This is how the system is intended to work. I'd much rather pay my taxes to cover a family like this one over the following scenario that i have seen in area.

Both parents cant keep jobs. Drink and do drugs. On welfare getting full food stamp benefits for a multitude of kids along with medical card. Car provided a handful of years ago under a go to school program that was offered and mom took advantage of, they sold the car for a little extra cash. They let bills go once a year, so welfare will pay them all on shut off notices. Now they get a free cell phone from welfare and they have learned how to work that, they trade and scam. Always have several of these free phones. Then they take advantage of several churches and the mission to help with bills through year. Christmas comes along and they dont buy gifts, yet the children has better Christmas than many others. Many organizations want to help. Taxes. They work long enough to pay a little, then throw in earned income credit and child tax credits. Family get 10-12K back every year and they waste it all in first week or two, without using any to better themselves. Ive seen them spend 2 weeks in a downtown hotel and transport their kids up the river everyday for school. Because the could.

That is abusing the system.

The woman that stays home and instills family values in her kids while her husband works hard and just cant make enough. She stated that she did it so she can get medical, well in my thought process, she has that right, but that is secondary to her just teaching motherly love and values. They deserve the help.
WHAT

Charleston, WV

#17 Dec 5, 2012
why has america become the handout country. stand on your own or fade away
WHAT

Charleston, WV

#18 Dec 5, 2012
and family values? teaching your children to abuse the system is values?
really

United States

#19 Dec 5, 2012
I guess that is where our opinions differ on a huge scale.

I dont see the first family as an abuse to system. So i cant agree that they are teaching them to abuse the system. I am a traditional type and the VALUES i see are

Dad is working and doing everything he can to support and just dont make enough. Mom has decided to stay home and provide nurturing that most modern families lack. Kids are being taught to work is a key part of society and if they dont quite make enough to survive, there is help available.

If this family is abusing system, then how bout the one i spoke of, which is true and has happened and still going on, the mom in that case is open and loves to talk about how they work the system. She will even give tips to others to "get the most out of the system". Should that other family be all felons? They are teaching nothing about work or nurturing, just how to get money handed to them. Its all legal, but most normal people would think what a scam.
WHAT

Charleston, WV

#20 Dec 5, 2012
then the father needs to get two jobs. social programs are killing our country

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clendenin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New restaurant 9 hr Dontbeahat8er 8
Great Cond. Car Tires 9 hr Shannon_runion 1
So is it true Bill Sloan is pocketing cash from... 13 hr Wtf 4
Baby bump is growing 22 hr Hoot 1
shaffers cashier Mon Take business el... 16
THE COUNTRY TIMES Clendenin's and Areas #1 Loca... (Mar '10) May 3 Opinionated 46
What happened to the OLD tasty freeze (Dec '12) May 3 right on man 35
More from around the web

Clendenin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]