Recorder Evans Says, Town of Clendeni...

Recorder Evans Says, Town of Clendenin Funds Very Low.

Posted in the Clendenin Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#1 Jun 27, 2010
Recorder Evans, stated the next administration would not be able to afford to pay retirement benefits to employees.
Crystal clear

United States

#2 Jun 28, 2010
Because cost for retirement benefits are going up like everything else. Rate hike !

Since: Mar 10

Elkview, WV

#3 Jun 28, 2010
That would highly suggest that more taxes need to be brought in through annexation. Annex up to the Interstate, so the police department can collect some speeding revenue. Annex down to Herbert Hoover, Annex to Queen Shoals Bridge. I remember in the 1970's when you couldn't find a place to park on a Saturday night. That's what is wrong with the country. If you don't cut government spending, and raise taxes a bit...then you will go in the hole.
Mr Bo Jangles

United States

#4 Jun 28, 2010
Raiseing taxes should be the very last thing you do. The people cant afford to pay more taxes. Times are bad for everybody. Like I said before cut spending and and live within your means, everybody has to live on a budget so should the Town of Clendenin. Money does not grow on trees so use it wisely.

Elkview, WV

#5 Jun 28, 2010
If a town the size of Clendenin cannot pay their employees retiremnt, I then suggest they go with the annexation to drum up more cash. If B&O taxes, and parking meters, and an occasional traffic violation fine isn't paying the bills. Then you need to make major changes in the budget. Look at the utilitie companies wanting 15% rate increases. If the economy is raising prices, then so does the town. If not, then the town needs to just dismantle, and call it Clenville Unincorporated. Maybe Bob Evans needs to call Nitro's Town Recorder. A new audit showed Nitro shining. How much is Clendenin's B&O taxes? And is everyone paying them. I say ANNEX is Clendenin's only hope.

Elkview, WV

#6 Jun 28, 2010
Another alternative would be for one of Clendenin's Mega Millionaires open a new draw to the town. Maybe an Antique Mall, Long John Silvers, Ryan's, Shoney's. Clendenin isn't exactly dead yet, but property within town limits is very limited. ANNEX BABY. Get Kent Carper's ass up to a few Council meetings and let him look at the books. Hell!! Elkview has a bicycle that draws people to look at. Hell!! Someone open a Hooters that would definately draw some interstate traffic.
EXCAVATING CLENDENIN

United States

#7 Jun 28, 2010
THE LAST ADMINASTRATION HAD NO PROBLEM PAYING BENEFITS.
COULD BE TOO MUCH MONEY IS SPENT ON PERKS AND EMPLOYEE HIRING, LARGE PAY RAISES, AND EMPLOYEES MADE JOBS.
NUFF SAID!
EXCAVATING CLENDENIN

United States

#8 Jun 28, 2010
CAN BOUNTY DISCUSS ANYTHING WITHOUT PROFANITY?
EXCAVATING CLENDENIN

United States

#9 Jun 28, 2010
I AM NOT TIM HOPKINS.
NO INSULT TO ME, TIMS A FINE UPSTANDING MAN!
EXCAVATING CLENDENIN

United States

#10 Jun 28, 2010
PROPERTY IN CLENDENIN IS NOT LIMITED, EXCAVATE THE OLD RUN DOWN BUILDINGS AND START OVER. THIS TOWN LOOKS LIKE A SLUM AREA IN THE PAST SHORT FEW YEARS.
EXCAVATING CLENDENIN

United States

#11 Jun 28, 2010
YALL SKERED

Elkview, WV

#12 Jun 28, 2010
Nah!! I ain't SKERED. No!! I love profanity to a degree. I vaguely know who Tim Hopkins is. I know where he lives and I know what he does for a living, but we don't hang out. LMAO!! I won't disagree with you that parts of Clendenin does need to be excavated. But that would take a lot of money to do so. Bill Ore owns a lot of the old properties, but he makes a pretty decent living for him & his family out of those old buildings. You wrtite professional like a businessman until you get to YALL SKERED. I know many businesses in Clendenin does over a million dollars. When Speedway first opened up they did a million a month. Actually I bet that if Ford Motor Company wanted to buy some farm land out Gabe Creek and build a parts plant, Clendenin & Kent Carper would be busting their ass to annex. Maybe Kim Bassinger can come along and buy the town and make some changes. Move the school, post office, bank, police department, city hall, and nobody would go across the river. Now maybe if they would excavate from the water plant to say Reamer and rebuild, now that would work. Just my opinion.

Clendenin

#13 Jun 28, 2010
What exactly do we have to be "skered" of? A dumbass who can't type more than one line before he has to start over? Seriously, you're an idiot and you should really consider nailing your eyes and mouth shut.

I guess I also have to add a Tim Hopkins to my list of guys that Excavating Clendenin would have sex with. Are you sure you're not Skidmark?
EXCAVATING CLENDENIN

United States

#14 Jun 28, 2010
AS MUCH AS YOU TALK ABOUT GAYS HUH
1 post removed
EXCAVATING CLENDENIN

United States

#16 Jun 28, 2010
RESTURANT
Mr Bo Jangles

United States

#15 Jun 28, 2010
The Mayor took a oath to do his best for the town of Clendenin and its citizens and to preserve the welfare of both. that means the town comes first. No company or business owes anybody a job, yes the town needs its workers but they work for a wage in return for their time and the town owes them nothing more. But the mayor does owe the town and its citizens because they put their trust and faith in him to keep the town solvent. The bigest expense for a town or any business is its workers so if we cant pay their wages and retirement costs we all know what should be done, and it is not raise taxes. So remember Mayor Ore the town and its citizens are your first concern.
1 post removed

Clendenin

#17 Jun 28, 2010
You want to finish that thought?

Clendenin

#18 Jun 28, 2010
I actually don't think I've mentioned "gays". I'm just talking how you revere a list of now three men so much that you would take great pleasure in satisfying them sexually.

Just to clear up, the list is Danny, Budha, and Tim Hopkins. The only person I've mentioned anything about that would be taken as gay would be you and your carnal desires that involve those three dickheads.
EXCAVATING CLENDENIN

United States

#19 Jun 28, 2010
IH8TheCountryTimes wrote:
I actually don't think I've mentioned "gays". I'm just talking how you revere a list of now three men so much that you would take great pleasure in satisfying them sexually.
Just to clear up, the list is Danny, Budha, and Tim Hopkins. The only person I've mentioned anything about that would be taken as gay would be you and your carnal desires that involve those three dickheads.
TOE HEAD ARE YOU PERFECT.
JUST A DRUG SELLING
GAY SUNSHINE

United States

#20 Jun 28, 2010
get off us gays. we are gods children same as you. by your
gutter talk a dose of our lord would help you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clendenin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Crews rescue the stranded in West Virginia floo... 3 hr Sharon Wilkerson ... 1
Patty hedrick Fri sheknows 2
News Multiple fatalities reported in West Virginia f... Fri Jvd!th 1
Christopher Bennett Jun 22 Blue creek resident 3
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Jun 21 n 1,336
Ciara Meadows Jun 21 I think I know her 2
Drug dealers and users Jun 19 Bust em 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clendenin Mortgages