Posted in the Clendenin Forum

just breathe...

Charleston, WV

#1 May 5, 2013
Is it a junk yard now?
just breathe...

Charleston, WV

#2 May 5, 2013
There's nothing for the kids to do here anymore! Not to mention, as an adult, really enjoyed the quiet, laid back environment. We held a share for many years, and i hate not having the pool Anymore! I wonder If it will ever be back up and running again?
Know It All

Madison, WV

#3 May 5, 2013
That Pool will never be back it looks like he has filled it in and turned it into junk yard and eye sore.
just breathe...

Charleston, WV

#4 May 5, 2013
Yea, I agree. Looks like a junk yard. That's too bad...
hey

Charleston, WV

#5 May 5, 2013
What about the shares that were bought? What ever happened to those..I think it was $25, I can't remember.
just breathe...

Charleston, WV

#6 May 5, 2013
I'm not sure how that worked? We paid 250 a year I think? Does that sound right? My husband usually took are of all of that. I know they had a meeting before closing but I missed it. If often wondered that myself?? Being share holders, wouldn't we get something out of it?
just breathe...

Charleston, WV

#7 May 5, 2013
I wish someone would just get it back up and running. It's really a shame. I have been goin to that pool for 20 years...... There's nothing else to do in this town for the teens besides get in trouble or play on Xbox all day!..... It's truly a shame.
so so

Charleston, WV

#8 May 6, 2013
well folks. the pool was sold. a shady deal and you shareholders got screwed. me myself I would be talking to a lawyer
creek swimmer

Brooklyn, NY

#9 May 6, 2013
It's over, they filled it in...find a creek!!
Know It All

Madison, WV

#10 May 6, 2013
This is not the first shady deal this man has been involved in. I heard there have been others.
yes

Charleston, WV

#11 May 6, 2013
yes they have been
just breathe...

Charleston, WV

#12 May 6, 2013
Who sold it? And to whom?
sad

Charleston, WV

#13 May 6, 2013
unknown on who sold it. bob evans that is running for mayor owns it now
Brian

Charleston, WV

#14 May 6, 2013
They were going to fix the pool but when Robert got the estimates they were in the $300,000.00 range way to much for anyone to spend. The old pool was in bad shape. So he didn't have a choice.
another pool

Nitro, WV

#15 May 6, 2013
there is always spencer or charleston pools
goofy

Charleston, WV

#16 May 6, 2013
should have been shut down 20 years ago, there was a crack in the bottom shortly after it was built.
interested

Charleston, WV

#17 Jul 24, 2013
Robert evans lied to the board of the pool to open it back up he is really a piece of work and now he want poke out so he can sell it
for Raymond

Alexandria, VA

#18 Jul 26, 2013
Robert Evans is a joke! He and Betty Key did a backroom deal and screwed every shareholder of the pool. You can thank both of them for not having s pool for our community.. Ray
Allan

Charleston, WV

#19 Jul 27, 2013
Didn't Robert Evans also get town property that the tax payers owned behind the Dollar Store? Then there is the pool and the water line thing in Pinch/Elkview area. And this guy wanted to be Mayor!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clendenin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
caroline hardman Sun Truthful 3
Tommy Harper (Sep '13) Sun Always right 12
Jamie Holbert Fri ABC123 2
shawn pitman (Feb '13) Nov 21 Get a Life 3
Never again Nov 20 Just Sayin 2
Tim Hopkins Nov 20 Most annoying sit... 22
melissa putillion eww Nov 20 Go-back-to-jail-s... 4
Clendenin Dating
Find my Match

Clendenin People Search