Mentally Ill Inmate Gets Nine Months ...

Mentally Ill Inmate Gets Nine Months in Solitary

There are 3 comments on the NewsChannel5.com Nashville story from Feb 15, 2009, titled Mentally Ill Inmate Gets Nine Months in Solitary. In it, NewsChannel5.com Nashville reports that:

NewsChannel 5 investigates one inmate's treatment inside the walls of a local prison.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsChannel5.com Nashville.

Mary Chaney

Brentwood, TN

#1 Mar 4, 2009
I this what our society has come to,ganted when someone does something wrong they should be punished. But this goes beyond punishment. My own son spent time at CCA.I know excally what I would do if I were in this mans families shoes I would sue them for all they are worth.You call and they tell you your loved one is o.k. when all along they are being slowly tortured.What kind of person would do this to another human being.Thank God that Mr.Perry has a concious,and was willing to stand up for the right thing. Had he not done that I shudder to think what would have happened to that young man.
Brahma

Birmingham, AL

#2 Mar 4, 2009
Ok, the guy commited a crime obviously while being somewhat mentally ill, thrown in jail, couldn't recieve his meds, became agitated, thrown in confinement,etc.

The whistle was blown, the officer resigned, which by the way, this whistle blowing should've taken place. So, now what of the mentally ill prisoner?

Once again the ALMIGHTY SYSTEM is failing us as usual and punisishing those who have a heart to risk their job and expose some much needed truth.

CCA, and whoever fired or had this officer to resign, prepare for a band of marching whistles if this law suit is granted to the officer.

Since: Feb 09

Winston Salem, NC

#3 Mar 4, 2009
Indeed a sad story.
I hope he is in good health.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clemmons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Corrupt Courtrooms Aug 18 Anonymous 1
News The Return of Jim Crow in North Carolina (Jul '14) Aug 16 Spotted Girl 306
iso of someone who can unlock my 6s plus Aug 16 CrAsH33 2
iso someone who can unlock an iphone 6s plus Aug 16 CrAsH33 1
News Boone pays to settle wrongful arrest lawsuit Aug 15 Bob 4
Will not pay child support (May '07) Aug 15 Vindictive 26
Trump's outbursts prove he's unstable Aug 9 Jack 1

Clemmons Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance