Who do you support for Soil and Water Conservation in North Carolina (Forsyth County) in 2010?

Posted in the Clemmons Forum

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Nov 4, 2010
rk

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2010

Voted For Toby Bost

practical
Deb

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2010

Voting for Bost. But this position call for voting for TWO. I know nothing about Kevin Briggs or Gilbert Monk. Need some input.
Stephen

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

Voted For Kevin Briggs

Has the right attitude and ideals!!
L Gould

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2010

Judged:

I've been unable to find any information about the job of the S&WC District Supervisor, and why each of the three individuals running want this post. What are their qualifications and how does that match their experience and the needs of the position? It's hard to be an informed voter is we can't get information.
kevin

Kernersville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2010

Hey, I am Kevin Briggs just saw this post online. The media does not give this position hardly any coverage. The position is with no pay. There are 5 Soil and Water Conservation District Supervisors in most counties. This year there were 2 spots open to elect someone. These elected positions are 4 year terms. In 2012, there will be 1 spot open for someone to be elected. So a total of 3 people are elected the other 2 are appointed. I choose to file for this position to encourage others to serve the community. I wanted to show people that anyone can do it all it takes is a willingness to serve. My objective is to give people a better understanding of this position. The board meets once a month. The minutes of the meetings are online through the Forsyth County website here is the link http://www.co.forsyth.nc.us/CES/Conservation/...

kevinbriggs76@gmail.com contact me if anyone needs more info I can send more detailed info.
I know election is over but still getting the info out is always important for future reference.
kevin

Kernersville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2010

Stephen wrote:
Has the right attitude and ideals!!
Thanks for your support. Toby and I did get elected. This was truly a humbling experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Clemmons Discussions

Search the Clemmons Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Meet up quickie? 2 hr The OG 6
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 2 hr Mao Zedingdong 56,521
Shallow Ford Walk brings history to light 3 hr Sherman 2
American Legion Baseball State Tournament - Hol... 14 hr Disappointed Baseball Fan 1
The Return of Jim Crow in North Carolina Jul 21 Uppercut 343
Happy 85th Birthday, Maya Angelou (Apr '13) Jul 21 OMG 4
Bank question Jul 21 OMG 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Clemmons Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••