2 Cyclists Injured in Hit-and-Run Acc...

2 Cyclists Injured in Hit-and-Run Accident

There are 81 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Jul 16, 2010, titled 2 Cyclists Injured in Hit-and-Run Accident. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

Two cyclists suffered minor injuries following a hit-and-run accident near Clemmons Thursday evening.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
4brenwood2

Winston Salem, NC

#1 Jul 16, 2010
I use to ride bikes years ago-they add to [email protected] Police Dept., you had a bike instruction/rule book, go w/flow of traffic-BUT pull over when backing up the traffic. I'v no prob. w/officers helping, checkpoints & peeps w/flag persons to help when there are bike events/rides for helping cancer, hurt person, etc--but just out riding--you need to pull over when traffic backs up 3,4,6,8,10 cars back--YOU cause there to be a possible/serious accidents to happen...you got 'insurance, inspection, license' on them bikes...NO...so you pull over & quit obstructing traffic. Hate there was 'hit&run'--peep will get caught...or the Lord will 'catch him'! I'm not against bikers--but had probs with motorcyles-most resolved, prob with mopeds(acting like they rule road too)-many issues to resolve! How bout in future--petition that when roads repaired or changed--not only sidewalks go in, but couple feet for the bike riders!!! Blessings to all in their travels...look behind--oh, a see a bunch w/o mirrors to see behind...bk in my ole days-had2have them too...!

“Cynical Scumbag”

Since: Jan 10

Lima Peru

#3 Jul 16, 2010
It was probably a road rage thing. He got tired of going 10mph behind a group of arrogant cyclists and lost his temper. I'll be glad to be on the jury when they sue.

Who hasn't been stuck behind bicycles or someone on a drunk-mobile and not wanted to run them over?
Thankfully for them, most of us have enough sense to not run over them.
abc123

Mount Airy, NC

#4 Jul 16, 2010
Just get the darn bikes off of the highways! So tired of them slowing down traffic. I do not want anyone to get hurt but the folks on bikes are kinda asking for it to happen to them sooner or later. Common sense people -- car vs. bike... car is ALWAYS gonna win.
concerned mom

Derby, CT

#5 Jul 16, 2010
So sorry for the people hit on bikes.
Yes, they do have a right to ride on the road. A form of transportation. It is the same with the moped aka "liquor cicle". Whether we like it or not...
It is just a matter of everyone being responsible drivers. Everyone... bikes, cycles and automobiles.
Chill out

Smithfield, NC

#6 Jul 16, 2010
Same dumba$$ arguements and comments form the same dumba$$ people against cyclists! Sorry you are being slowed down by 10 or 15 seconds to get to your destination but a little patience would work well in this situation! My fellow cyclists need to use discretion in choosing which roads they ride and what time they ride them due to congestion but there is NO reason that we (cyclists and cars) can't co-exist on most roads. I don't see anyone complaining about tractors or other farm equipment slowing them down!!
John in High Point

AOL

#7 Jul 16, 2010
Bikes have the same privelege for highway use as autos and I think everyone agrees. I have a problem with the inconsiderate bikes doing what they want to do. I have nver seen a policeman with a bike on the side of the road and I guartantee that they have seen bikes being unsafe.

“Cynical Scumbag”

Since: Jan 10

Lima Peru

#8 Jul 16, 2010
Chill out wrote:
Same dumba$$ arguements and comments form the same dumba$$ people against cyclists! Sorry you are being slowed down by 10 or 15 seconds to get to your destination but a little patience would work well in this situation! My fellow cyclists need to use discretion in choosing which roads they ride and what time they ride them due to congestion but there is NO reason that we (cyclists and cars) can't co-exist on most roads. I don't see anyone complaining about tractors or other farm equipment slowing them down!!
Try to get around a bike in a loaded tractor-trailer when they refuse to pull over. I was commenting on the bikes and drunk-mobiles that will NOT move over for any reason.
Chill out

Smithfield, NC

#9 Jul 16, 2010
smutt butt wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to get around a bike in a loaded tractor-trailer when they refuse to pull over. I was commenting on the bikes and drunk-mobiles that will NOT move over for any reason.
I agree that there are some cyclists who refuse to move over regardless of the situation. I don't agree with their actions either but I am not one of those cyclists. I stay on the white line if at all possible because the last thing I want is to be run over by an angry car driver trying to prove a point. I think it pretty obvious that the guy on the bike has no chance against a car! If the single file law that has been proposed passes, maybe that will help with this problem! Cycling is my escape, my chance to forget the stresses of the day and to enjoy the outdoors! We all need to learn to respect each others right to use the roads!

Since: Oct 09

Nokesville, VA

#10 Jul 16, 2010
Bicycle enthusists annoy me. I have almost hit these jerk offs twice. I do my best to avoid roads that have these kooks on them.

There was a biker one morning standing literally on the side of a secondary road in the shade. I didn't see them until the last minute, I liked to have taken her out. You know that B***ch flipped me off. After this indecent I no long travel that road.

Another time, I was try to get past a group of about 6 to 8. As I started to punch it, strattling the middle line, this fool decided that he should prevent me from doing so by moving toward the center line. I locked up my breaks and that dingbat is lucky I didn't run over the top of him.

Bicycle enthusiasts not only put their lives in danger, they endanger the lives and well being of others.

To you bicyclists out there. Get your behinds over when cars approach. Even I, as a child, had enough common sense to get out of the f***ing way when cars were behind me.
cautious

Greensboro, NC

#11 Jul 16, 2010
I travel the country road leading to Rockingham County from Greensboro and it is terrible. I work in that area and it's nothing to have to travel 25 miles in a 55 mile zone because of the bike riders. I have kids and don't want anyone's death on my hands, BUT its not right and it is SO dangerous...we have almost been hit several times trying to avoid hitting the cyclist. They won't move or look behind them at the 15 cars riding near the center to avoid hitting them only to be in danger of having a head on. Something needs to be done. It is getting worse and worse....common sense is out of the window.
Shawn ingram

Valdosta, GA

#12 Jul 16, 2010
maybe they will quit riding 2 abreast and share the road like we are supposed to with them. the cyclist in Lewisville get on my nerves so damn bad!
seriously

United States

#13 Jul 16, 2010
these cyclist are crazy and naive, they throw on their tights and just ride right in the middle of the road.
Rick

Wilmington, NC

#14 Jul 16, 2010
OK, By God, Neil McNeil stated that other cyclists pursued the offender. How about an on-line UPDATE already..?
Right Lane

Chicago, IL

#15 Jul 16, 2010
a burgundy Ford Contour??

Owning a burgundy Ford contour is a crime in and of itself.:)
Rick

Wilmington, NC

#16 Jul 16, 2010
Alright. So these were bicyclists? Heck, the way Neil McNeil was talking, the culprit was pursued by other 'cyclists'(i.e.motorcyclists).

Yep, bicyclists are arrogant a--holes for the most part. They generally appear to have a chip on their shoulder DARING registered, property-tax paying motorists to 'knock that chip off'. It's a wonder why more of these 'cycle entheusiast' aren't wiped out.
Rick

Wilmington, NC

#17 Jul 16, 2010
Chill out wrote:
Living in a rural area, tractors/ farm equipment operators generally will PULL TO THE SIDE OF THE ROAD if a backup occurs. However, "cyclists" have attitudes (riding 2-abreast with backed-up motor traffic, for instance) that seem to ask for trouble. Come on people on bicycles, do what you will, but GET OUT OF THE WAY. Is there an inherent death wish with some of you people..?
so4what

Greensboro, NC

#18 Jul 16, 2010
abc123 wrote:
Just get the darn bikes off of the highways! So tired of them slowing down traffic. I do not want anyone to get hurt but the folks on bikes are kinda asking for it to happen to them sooner or later. Common sense people -- car vs. bike... car is ALWAYS gonna win.
Yeah slow down traffic....people speed on dull rd. styers ferry rd. doing at least 55mph. Slow the hell down. most people speeding down the highway don't give a s#$t. they don't think... oh i didn't see the child, the car suddenly stopped or what else could happen? some one going to get the mail umm going to get the paper ...people don't care anymore. yes it can be an inconvenience,bikes,tractors,l et see those dwi scooters that think they own the road (they should have to get license plates).but leave the scene of an accident...what a jerk. chill out drivers...hell driving anywhere anymore people fly down the roads...i know i see it and i used to be one of those cocky mother fers. before long there will be people that will pass a stopped sch.bus. and yes killing a child.
so4what

Greensboro, NC

#19 Jul 16, 2010
seriously wrote:
these cyclist are crazy and naive, they throw on their tights and just ride right in the middle of the road.
oh so they should or deserve to be hurt?
so4what

Greensboro, NC

#20 Jul 16, 2010
Chill out wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that there are some cyclists who refuse to move over regardless of the situation. I don't agree with their actions either but I am not one of those cyclists. I stay on the white line if at all possible because the last thing I want is to be run over by an angry car driver trying to prove a point. I think it pretty obvious that the guy on the bike has no chance against a car! If the single file law that has been proposed passes, maybe that will help with this problem! Cycling is my escape, my chance to forget the stresses of the day and to enjoy the outdoors! We all need to learn to respect each others right to use the roads!
i would think that those cyclists that dress all up would know the single file rule thats one of the first things i was told to do if and when i rode on road or on the trails. ive came thur streets or back rds and there are these guys that will not go single file it does piss u off.
Rick

Wilmington, NC

#21 Jul 16, 2010
so4what wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah slow down traffic....people speed on dull rd. styers ferry rd. doing at least 55mph. Slow the hell down. most people speeding down the highway don't give a s#$t. they don't think... oh i didn't see the child, the car suddenly stopped or what else could happen? some one going to get the mail umm going to get the paper ...people don't care anymore. yes it can be an inconvenience,bikes,tractors,l et see those dwi scooters that think they own the road (they should have to get license plates).but leave the scene of an accident...what a jerk. chill out drivers...hell driving anywhere anymore people fly down the roads...i know i see it and i used to be one of those cocky mother fers. before long there will be people that will pass a stopped sch.bus. and yes killing a child.
HUH..?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clemmons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steven Deaks aka.... Sep 16 Steven Deaks 1
men who cheat and liars (Jun '13) Aug 27 Summer 22
Women's soccer league! Aug 26 Erickadwatson 1
Trump's outbursts prove he's unstable (Aug '16) Aug '17 dragos 4
News Brunswick County sheriff asks for help finding ... Aug '17 daffy duck 1
July 2 142 Jackson blvd home invasion Aug '17 Armednow 1
News Mentally Ill Inmate Gets Nine Months in Solitary (Oct '08) Apr '17 Redneck West Virg... 129

Clemmons Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clemmons Mortgages