NC County Official Suggests Conservative Christians are Racist

Full story: 5News KFSM 10
Forsyth County Commissioner Walter Marshall stirred the debate over prayer before Forsyth County Commissioners' meetings when he said in a radio interview that people pushing for the right to pray before meetings are the same people who were opposed to desegregation. Full Story
vet66

Mattoon, IL

#4 Feb 19, 2010
What is this??????????
Joel Thomasville

Thomasville, NC

#5 Feb 19, 2010
Seems like he is the one bringing racist up. That's his strategy to keep it alive. Who does this man think he is? Maybe he should examime himself. He is the one that is the racist. I;m sick of all this racist mess. If you don't have an answer then you bring up racist. Get a life, and shut your rambling mouth. It is black people that sold you out, not the white. Put the finger where it belongs.
VCDaedalus

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Feb 20, 2010
White conservative Christians racist? Is the Pope Catholic? Is the sky blue? Do men with small penises drive big pickups?
Notunique

Arnold, MO

#7 Feb 21, 2010
Same tired old story been going on for over forty years and it shows no sign of abating. We need to have serious talks about racial separation before racism destroys us all. Ask yourself truthfully if race relations in this country have gotten better or worse in the last forty years?
Doppelganger

Red Springs, NC

#8 Feb 22, 2010
Brainwashed... Jim Jones syndrome...: Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

He's definately out of touch with the present.
Tony

Mooresville, NC

#10 Feb 22, 2010
He is correct....I was raised in the church in the south.The men went to KKK meetings on sat.nite...Were deacons on sunday mornings.All black peaople wre refered to as the N word.As a child i often wondered how they(christians)could justify it all.Then...At church they would pass around the collection plate...People drop in 1(ONE) dollar.(these "christians" made 300.00 the week b 4...30.00 would have been the corect amount?) Ask yourselfs....If you had been born into a buddist family......WHAT WOULD YOU BELEAVE?
Allison

Greensboro, NC

#11 Feb 22, 2010
Key word "WERE"... Let us not live in the past, and look to the future and what this is all about now! We do not have the "Jim Jones" syndrome, yet the "Jesus Christ" syndrome! I am proud to say that I pray "IN JESUS NAME"!
Laura

Durham, NC

#12 Feb 23, 2010
I would love to know how this guy got voted into office? I don't think any logical person would ever make the jump from prayer to segregation. Sure, while slavery and segregation existed in the US, people used the words and teachings of the Bible incorrectly to "support" slavery and segregation but to accuse those of us who pray now, in this day and age, as the same one's who support slavery and segregation then, is a complete jump in the wrong direction.
Jennie

Jonesborough, TN

#15 Feb 12, 2013
Tony wrote:
He is correct....I was raised in the church in the south.The men went to KKK meetings on sat.nite...Were deacons on sunday mornings.All black peaople wre refered to as the N word.As a child i often wondered how they(christians)could justify it all.Then...At church they would pass around the collection plate...People drop in 1(ONE) dollar.(these "christians" made 300.00 the week b 4...30.00 would have been the corect amount?) Ask yourselfs....If you had been born into a buddist family......WHAT WOULD YOU BELEAVE?
Thanks to stupid mitt, the truth is getting out. I read an article that compared thekkk to republicans, wow, they agree on everything but abortion. kkk wants to kill black babies. There will never be another republican president. Thank God!
RCI

Lexington, NC

#16 Feb 14, 2013
Well some of it is true. It cannot and should not apply across the board. However, in the south racism still runs rampant.Yet it is interesting that there are more trailer dwelling rednecks living on government assistance than blacks...this is backed with statistics if anyone has enough education to look it up. Those in the "good ole" south that do work think that tossing a 10 in the collect plate makes everything alright. If we really want to make America strong again then we should start with redneck erradication. Forced sterlization should stop the inbreding and all be ok in about 50 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clemmons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Meet up quickie? 10 hr beyondfedup 8
Filling the Need: Orthodontist one of few who a... (Sep '06) 18 hr feeling lost in t... 331
Loudest BOOM ever Dec 15 JCM 5
Posts are being deleted Dec 14 Please Help 1
The Return of Jim Crow in North Carolina Dec 14 squeezers 296
men who cheat and liars (Jun '13) Dec 13 I know 11
? boom 2/10/13 (Feb '13) Dec 12 Dozier Lady 3
Clemmons Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Clemmons People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Clemmons News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Clemmons