ricamac

Blackwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2010

I know this store closed. The two times I visited, it was smelly and filthy. The dogs were in "containers" that they could only look up in and they all had a white film on their noses. I saw people cleaning the dog areas with a shovel while the puppies were still in there. I did contact the SPCA and complained. Most dogs in pet shops are from puppy mills, and if you get one who is perfectly healthy and has no other problems, you are just plain lucky. In pet stores you pay exorbitant prices for dogs. Shelters and rescues have many, many wonderful dogs looking for homes. That should always be your very first choice. You can get any kind of dog you want from a shelter or a rescue for a reasonable adoption fee. Dogs (and cats and many other animals) are spayed/neutered and up to date on their shots - all included in the price.
rvnvet

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2010

A pet store is no place to get a dog, period. I have adopted twice from shelters, and they have been the best dogs.
Adopt a dog

Blackwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2010

Please do not by dogs from pet stores, there are plenty of dogs that need homes in adoption centers near you. If u don't believe me watch the documentary "Earthlings" to see what really happens at Puppy Mills. You can get more info at some local pet stores that don't sell dogs. Please do your research first before you BUY a puppy! Sorry for the rant, just my two cents
Stop Animal Abuse

Passaic, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2011

May 6, 2011

New Jersey Pet Store Owner Guilty of Animal Cruelty
During Puppy Mill Action Week, The HSUS says that case highlights need for reform

BURLINGTON COUNTY, N.J.– Karen Alexander, owner of Puppy Palace Pet Store in Burlington County, N.J., was convicted of several charges, including animal cruelty charges, stemming from the mistreatment of dogs for sale in her store. The Humane Society of the United States released the following statement regarding this case:

“The Humane Society of the United States is proud to have worked with the New Jersey SPCA and Officer Theresa Cooper on the investigation into this New Jersey puppy shop of horrors,” said Kathleen Schatzman, New Jersey state director for The Humane Society of the United States.“Many of these sick and dying puppies came directly from out-of-state puppy mill operations and underscore the desperate need for stronger laws against these cruel and hidden operations.”

CASE FACTS:

Two Puppy Palace Pet Shop employees contacted NJSPCA Officer Theresa Cooper when Bismark, a German shepherd puppy, was found sick, emaciated and lethargic in a back room without medical care. Cooper seized Bismark and immediately transported him for veterinary care, but he ultimately died of Parvo. Concerned about other animals at the store, Cooper launched an investigation.
Further investigation into the pet store convinced Officer Cooper that at least some of the dogs were coming from puppy mills in Pennsylvania -- some reportedly from unlicensed kennels.
The NJSPCA asked The HSUS to help put together a strong case against the owner of the store. Sherry Ramsey, director of animal cruelty prosecutions for The HSUS, worked through all the evidence and helped put together charges against the owner of the store.
Municipal Prosecutor Mark Tarantino worked diligently on the case against the pet store owner, Karen Alexander, who was found guilty on 11 of the 12 charges brought against her and will serve jail time.
PUPPY MILL FACTS:
May 2 to 8 is "Puppy Mill Action Week." Thousands of dogs are suffering in puppy mills, spending their lives in cramped wire cages, often with barely enough food and water to stay alive. Urge Congress to Support a Bill to Protect Dogs in Puppy Mills: your two U.S. senators and your U.S. representative urging them to co-sponsor S. 707/H.R. 835, the PUPS Act. Look up your legislators' names and their phone numbers here.
About one-third of the nation's 9,000 independent pet stores sell puppies.
The HSUS estimates that 2 million to 4 million puppy mill puppies are sold each year in the United States.
Documented puppy mill conditions include over-breeding, inbreeding, minimal veterinary care, poor food and shelter, crowded cages and lack of socialization.
Dogs kept for breeding in puppy mills suffer for years in continual confinement. They are bred as often as possible and then destroyed or discarded once they can no longer produce puppies.
Pet stores and online sellers often use attractive websites to hide the truth and to dupe consumers into thinking that they are dealing with a small, reputable breeder.
Reputable breeders never sell puppies over the Internet or through a pet store and will insist on meeting the family who will be purchasing the dog.
Puppy mills contribute to the pet overpopulation problem, which results in millions of unwanted dogs euthanized at shelters every year.
Patty

Yonkers, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

Ariel wrote:
People, listen up. There is a puppy lemon law here in NJ and the pet stores have to pay your vet bills up to DOUBLE the dog’s purchase price IF you get a “Certificate of Unfitness” from your veterinarian within FOURTEEN days of purchase for contagious diseases, like kennel cough, pneumonia, parasites like Giardia, Coccidia. You also have SIX MONTHS to recover your vet bills for any genetic or congenital defects. Stores CANNOT tell you to go to THEIR vet, they must give you the names of 3 vets to choose from. If you want to learn more about your rights under NJ law, go to this website: www.njcapsa.org and they will help you file your complaints with Consumer Affairs. The owner of Puppy Palace buys only from PA puppy mills, no wonder the puppies are so sick.
Thank you Ariel
I had purchased a puppy from Kevin Smith the owner of the puppy palace and yes he was very nice and took great care of me. Was even concerned when my puppy ended up in the hospital and died 5 days later from God knows what. She was my first and I was so heart broken. It took me 4 months and three trip to see him, I live 100 miles away to finally get the rest of the money he owed me and the vet. He also gave me another puppy to make up for my loss and low and behold, she has kennel cough, eat mites and fleas. God only knows how long it is going to take to get this money back from him and hopefully my new puppy is on the mend. Please do NOT buy a single puppy from this place, he does not care, he lies won't answer the phone will ignore you until you throw idle threats. My puppy is still not out of the woods, but I am glad I rescued her from that awful place. And I will be calling the authorities on him.
Dog rescuer

Washington Crossing, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2012

To the lady that said the Puppy Palace gave her the number of rescues who work with them. I want to make this clear! NO RESCUE WOULD EVER WORK WITH A PUPPY STORE THAT SELLS PUPPY MILL PUPPIES!

Rescues dispise stores that sell puppies! 4 Million dogs die every year, because of scum like the Puppy Palace! The truth is if you have the cash, they will sell you a puppy! They could care less about that Puppy!

Go visit a puppy mill and then talk to me! Oh, and yes puppy mills are breeders! Thats the breeder name they give as to where the puppy came from. Look up Turkey Hill kennels in PA, AKA zimmerman breeders.
Dog rescuer

Washington Crossing, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2012

Patty,

Your puppy died from inbreeding at a puppy mill! The owner was upset, because you could have required him to pay the vet costs of that sick puppy!

PUPPY MILLS are where they get their dogs!

These people will make you think they are your best friend and that they love dogs, truth is, they are manipulative and will tell you exactly what you want to hear!
alice

Hammonton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2012

puppy mill puppies, need i say more...dont support "pet stores" they claim to get their pets from "breeders"... a real breeder doesnt have to use a pet store to sell puppies....DONT SUPPORT PUPPY MILL PUPPIES, GO TO THE SHELTER, LOTS OF PUPPIES AND DOGS TO CHOOSE FROM
Btmar

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Well my friend just bought a puppy from this horrible place on saturday, less than 48 hours later the puppy is in ICU at CARES in Pa. The puppy has parvo virus, pneumonia and her blood sugar is 26 when it should be 80. even if he does use breeders it does not meen that those mothers are bred in a healthy manor. This owner DOES NOT care about these animals, he cares about his money. And were it not for the customers he would have nothing, yet he treats them like crap once he has their money.
morris

Clementon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

DJE wrote:
I'm not related to the owner. LOL! Kennel cough is a general term used by veterinarians for dogs sold or adopted from either a kennel or a breeder that get a "cough". Most breeders/kennels give a guarantee (essentially a warranty) against unforseeable death, illness, ect. I'm sorry that your dog is still ill and for your negative experience with Puppy Palace. But I in no way am related to or have a fiduciary obligation to defend Puppy Palace.
Hope the pup recovers.
If you really want a puppy or a good healthy dog always shop at the pound ,not only do they explain exactly what your getting they give free training and the money you pay is donated right back to them for the other unwanted pups left homeless!And the vet gives a full exam to all animals before they are adopted out...
someone who knows

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2012

DO NOT BUY A PUPPY FROM THIS PLACE!! Kevin Smith sold us a puppy who was deathly ill, and we had to take him to court to get the vet bills back. We did, and then he put a stop payment on it! Back to court we go, and I begin my quest to make sure no one else suffers because of this jerk!!
freya

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

i love this book
pvivate

Cherry Hill, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Sharon wrote:
Would have loved to get a puppy, if I had the funds. Have been in a few stores and this had the nicest layout I've seen.
If you do not have the funds you should not be looking at the cute puppies ! they grow up they need food and medical attenion and they depend on you for that, so if the puppy or dog gets sick then what? don't look ! This is how animals wind up on the streets or in shelters
pvivate

Cherry Hill, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

someone who knows wrote:
DO NOT BUY A PUPPY FROM THIS PLACE!! Kevin Smith sold us a puppy who was deathly ill, and we had to take him to court to get the vet bills back. We did, and then he put a stop payment on it! Back to court we go, and I begin my quest to make sure no one else suffers because of this jerk!!
Then they are getting them from puppy mills or private owners who just want the money and do not care about the puppies, So sad for you my heart breaks, Animal lover
christie Taylor

Cumberland Center, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

LadyLillian wrote:
The puppies were adorable. However while I was in the store a womam had her little girl in there making all kinds of apualling noises. The little girl was also allowed to handle the puppies, which in my opninon were too small for a child to handle. I also thought as opposed to solid walls the puppies should be able to look out. Acrylic walls could be a better choice. The puppies are consistantly looking up. Their poor little necks must hurt. I asked the worker there about the breeders, he only said "they come from breeders" that was the end of that conversation. I was also looking a puppy. I really considered buying a dog,I think of it as an expensive rescue. I was informed while there, the price of the dog I was looking at had just increased. Amazing, all of a sudden if I do not buy the dog now, the price was going to increase. If that was not enough, the woman there came over and started telling someone on the pbone about the dog I was looking at. She positioned herself right next to me and started telling the person on the phone about the dog I thought I wanted, unprofessional to say the least. Well that was enough games for me. I will select from an animal shelter. I feel so sorry for those puppy mill dogs.
Please go purchase from a reputable breader!!! The poor parents of these sweet little puppies are kept in small crates their entire life, never running outside, in a home nor do they get any love or attention. A lot of the time the puppies have health problems through their lives, poor things…
Do your homework, the pup pie mill need to be shut down and they will if consumers do their homework and buy from a reputable breeder! Imagine living in a small outdoor cage with no toys, excursive, ect. Please care and help!!!
Consmer

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

DO NOT BUY! i purchased a puppy from here that was in "perfect health" only to discover from my vet that he had a congenital heart murmur. because i already fell in love with the dog i elected to have an ECG performed to determine if this was a serious issue or something that may go away (as is does in some puppies). My issue here is two fold,#1 they have a vet that is supposed to check for these things (weekly) so either the vet is terrible, OR they knew about the issue and hid it.#2 when i got my puppy the medical attention he needed, i was supposed to be refunded $600 for the bill (as stated in the contract)... months later, i have seen nothing! i have called over 10 times. had multiple conversations with the owner, and nothing!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 96 of96
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Clementon Discussions

Search the Clementon Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Review: Genesis Healthcare Voorhees Powerback (Mar '13) Apr 17 Christina 29
Pine Hill teacher pleads guilty to child abuse ... Apr 10 PIP 1
Anyone have memories of downtown Clementon in 5... (May '07) Apr 7 Sara Hunter King 798
Review: Majestic Home Remodeling (Sep '13) Apr 2 Joe B 4
MS-13 in Lindenwold NJ (Oct '08) Mar 30 the don 20
Dr. Pradip Patel - Where is the DEA!?! (Dec '10) Mar '14 Jed 14
Cops go door to door to find suspect in Camden Mar '14 Perry Lees 1
•••
•••

Clementon News Video

•••
•••

Clementon Jobs

•••
•••