South Jersey Snow Plows

South Jersey Snow Plows

Posted in the Clementon Forum

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#1 Jan 27, 2011
Does anyone know why snowplow operators in this area do not allow the plow blade to touch the pavement and actually clean the snow off?
Are they afraid they may have to replace the wear strips every 10 or 15 years? It is frustrating to see them drive along on streets with 3 inches or so of slush and they don't even put the blade down to clean the road off.
Parkview Rd

Mount Holly, NJ

#2 Jan 28, 2011
Honestly now wrote:
Does anyone know why snowplow operators in this area do not allow the plow blade to touch the pavement and actually clean the snow off?
Are they afraid they may have to replace the wear strips every 10 or 15 years? It is frustrating to see them drive along on streets with 3 inches or so of slush and they don't even put the blade down to clean the road off.
I live on Parkview Rd and the plowing (to use that term loosely)year after year in Laurel Mills Farms has been a joke. It doesnt happen quickly enough (mid morning Thursday, 6 hours after the snow stopped and when the plow does pass I agree it is a crappy job. Leaving 3 inches of snow and slush is not acceptable. I'm just speculating here, but I believe those damn speed humps are the cause of the problem. However, a better job wouldnt be hard to perform.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clementon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Borough employee stops delivery theft scheme, p... 20 hr Larry 1
Marty Haitz Mar 26 What a DB 1
Mayor Dave Mayer makes History raising Highest ... Feb '17 Gentek horseface 2
free yoga classes to the community Feb '17 Monya V 1
106 Bunning Drive, Beagle Club is a GREAT Buy! Feb '17 BEST of the BEST 1
Great Newly Renovated Building Feb '17 jmllr16 1
News Farm holds fast to its little corner of town (Feb '08) Jan '17 PINE HILL 23

Clementon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clementon Mortgages