Church of Scientology pays fines for Flag Building in downtown Clearwater - St. Petersburg Times
There are 1 comment on the www.tampabay.com story from Oct 6, 2011, titled Church of Scientology pays fines for Flag Building in downtown Clearwater - St. Petersburg Times. In it, www.tampabay.com reports that:
The Church of Scientology paid the city of Clearwater $413,500 in fines on Thursday, capping a five-year code-enforcement battle over the church's downtown Flag Building.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.tampabay.com.
#1 Oct 6, 2011
10 Ways that the City of Clearwater can use this money from scientology
1. Repair roads, bridges, sidewalks, streetlamps, etc.
2. Provide health care for the homeless.
3. Provide supplemental funds for utility bills for the unemployed of Clearwater.
4. Provide funds for tutoring services for schools.
5. Job training programs for high school graduates.
6. Grants to small businessess (not scientology-affilated) that will provide employment to Clearwater residents.
7. Alternative energy projects, e.g. wind, solar to benefit the City of Clearwater.
8. Recreational centers and programs for teens and/or seniors.
9. Humane shelters for stray animals.
10. Shelters and job training for battered women.
Fantastic. Now if only the City of Clearwater can collect the annual property tax that is due them from the obscenely ostentatious Flagship Hotel that is the size of a city block because scientology is actually a business and NOT a religion. Just think how the lives of the"bona fide" residents of Clearwater will benefit.
Add your comments below
|Do you need a loan? (Nov '13)||9 hr||James310||2|
|Onyums (Nov '14)||May 3||anonymous||17|
|Woman finds husband shot dead (Feb '08)||Apr 29||housecall||74|
|Harbor Bluffs Music Thread||Apr 28||Musikologist||1|
|43 Years Ago||Apr 28||Tony||1|
|Areas to avoid in Clearwater (Jul '10)||Apr 27||Injoy||73|
|Looking for personal loan of $5000? (Jul '13)||Apr 24||Holly1266||22|
Find what you want!
Search Clearwater Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC