Beware of Sunglass Discounters, Inc. ...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
In love with BlueBlocks

Dallas, GA

#43 Jun 24, 2011
Agree completely. Is it really worth the time to argue about a $3 increase? They have the best quality sunglasses, my last pair got stolen 2 years ago, and I 've been trying desparately to find them
'cause nothing else comes even close in quality to their sunglasses.
All I got to say, Best Sunglasses ever!
and to all the haters : "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say ANYTHING!!!!"
Richard

Kemah, TX

#44 Jun 26, 2011
agreeed, they are Ripoffs, I have the same agreement of the $5.00 replacement, and they keep increasing the price to replace the junk.
Richard

Kemah, TX

#45 Jun 26, 2011
ripoffs
the Fl. atty genersl needs to levi fines and stop them from doing business as such.
mike2011

Orlando, FL

#46 Jul 1, 2011
just sent off for my 5th replacement and have never had a problem. i will keep the post updated as to the outcome.

“only High IQs need apply”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#47 Jul 1, 2011
Agree with Richard
Sue Hanson

Bend, OR

#48 Dec 30, 2011
Your "name" , Joe Mama, sounds familiar. You may have purchase your sunglasses from Dave and Sue of Great Shades! Sunglasses. We buy sunglases from Sunglass Discounters and we used to use their warranty. Last year, we changed to a Replacement Program. It is $10 to replace any pair of sunglasses we sell. As has been noted in this post, the price of shipping, as well as the price of the merchandise, has gone up. I use several suppliers now and I offer the best sunglasses I can find which I can afford to sell to the public at $20 to $50. If you know the style of your sunglasses, which should be written on the warranty card you have, I may be able to help you. You may email me via my website at www.greatshadesonline.com .

Some of the areas mentioned here, I have never been. I sell in Oregon, Washington, Utah, Nevada and Arizona, and from my website.
Joe Mamma wrote:
I was about to send off my glasses and wanted to check online to make sure the company was still in business before sending them my $10 (apparently the price has gone up some more) when I stumbled across this posting. To the original poster: I see your point in wanting them to honor their original agreement, but is all this time and effort on your part worth the extra $3 you would have to spend to replace a $40+ pair of sunglasses? I appreciate the others on here who have said something about sending theirs off and not getting anything in return as that is valid for me to know, but that huge fuss about the $3 difference by the original poster was kind of a waste of my time to read.
Sue Hanson

Bend, OR

#49 Dec 30, 2011
I used to also sell in the Houston area - League City, Texas City and around that area. Anyone of you who bought there may be my customers also. I'll be happy to help you.
HonoluluBoy

Honolulu, HI

#50 Mar 26, 2012
OMG! Someone is so cheap! Go out and buy yourself a new pair of sunglasses! They've already replaced it once and your still making this an issue?
Stop being such a cheapskate!
Crazy Jack maybe stupid

Phoenix, AZ

#51 Apr 21, 2012
Bought my glasses on vaction at Hickam AFB BX. Sent $10.00 around 3 Mar. Have heard NOTHING.
Wolfawn

Canton, OH

#52 May 2, 2012
Denise wrote:
get over it!
That's a real shame. I have had at the least 3 or 4 pairs of sunglasses replaced in the last few years. I found this because I lost my return box and wanted to send back another pair that was damaged. Wonder what will happen. Maybe new people took it over.
Alison

Denver, CO

#53 May 7, 2012
Thanks Sue Hanson and Great Shades! I tried to get my broken sunglasses replaced by Third Generation ( 3gsun.com ) but, as we all know, they're out of business.

With nothing to lose, I sent them and my Third Generation warranty card to Great Shades. Only a week and a half after I sent them, I have new sunglasses!!! This is _exactly_ the result I was hoping for. No, it's even better. Great Shades honored the original warranty replacement cost!(I know that was a sore spot for several people on this thread.)

Thanks, Sue, for being so responsive on the Contact Us page of the website, and thanks for the great glasses. Everyone go to www.greatshadesonline.com and get new sunglasses!
jysharp2003

Milford, TX

#55 May 19, 2012
Hi,
Read all the comments. I really just want my glasses replaced and emailed the site below as it looks like the 3gsun company morphed into.
http://www.perfectglasses.com/category.php
Anyone got a recent warrenty replacement from this site?
Blublocker (out of price range) and GreatShadesOnline (no contact or warrenty offer).
Thanks for your time. I already have a conterfiet tennis racquet from China so going in cautious.
They say the internet is the future but if they can't keep the crooks out then I don't know what is going to happen.
Happy N Mystified

Olney, MD

#56 Jul 11, 2012
I have dealt with the guys out of Clearwater for the last 10 years, at least, and never had a bit of problem with quality or returns/replacements from these guys. I am sorry I missed them this year and really would love to find out where the will be this late in the season . I can usually count on them show up locally every 4th of July weekend in their usual spot. They were righteous and upstanding and it would be a shame if a few whiners who cant understand sometimes it can take a little longer (ever mail a package around Xmas time?) and some costs are beyond their control (bought a gallon of gas lately?) to satisfy a customer, to run these decent guys out of business.
Sure they sold some dollar store quality glasses for the kids or to lose as no big deal. if you don't do your homework you deserve $1 sunglasses for $5.99. But they tell you up front what they are and the bigger buck selection is for the discriminating customer and thet stand behind their product or have for the last decade. Complainers should stick to the dollar store and dont waste their money on Ray Bans or Foster Grants. Good luck getting the vendors to stand behind those garbage shades 4 years down the road.
I can't believe people with problems can't follow the instructions on the warranty form. You don't contact the website. You don't call them on the phone. You fill out the form, enclose the handling check with a little note if the problem is not obvious (like your head is no longer the same size and they don't fit) and give them 6-8 weeks to get your new pair. You don't read the instructions on the warranty so I doubt you will read this, so enjoy being miserable and squinting your way through traffic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clearwater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Church (sic) of scientology is running ads "Sto... 3 hr Python Swoope 1
Ridgecrest Music Thread (Sep '16) Aug 19 Musikologist 3
Church (sic) of scientology is RACIST! Aug 18 BizzyBee 1
Surviving Scientology Aug 15 yes 5
Is Robert D Francis of Clearwater a Conman? Aug 13 MILCOM 1
News Clearwater Council defends meetings with Church... Aug 10 Python Swoope 2
Areas to avoid in Clearwater (Jul '10) Aug 6 marclister 76

Clearwater Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance