Vets considering boycott of Spirit Ai...

Vets considering boycott of Spirit Airlines after dying ex-Marine denied refund

There are 2 comments on the WERZ-FM Portsmouth story from May 1, 2012, titled Vets considering boycott of Spirit Airlines after dying ex-Marine denied refund. In it, WERZ-FM Portsmouth reports that:

Veterans groups around the nation are rallying to the side of dying Vietnam veteran and ex-Marine Jerry Meekins, 76, of Clearwater, Fla., following the airline's refusal to refund him $197. Spirit Airlines is finding out that if you take on one old soldier, you can end up facing an army.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WERZ-FM Portsmouth.

texasgoat

Killeen, TX

#1 May 7, 2012
This is pure grand standing, why would a vet expect special treatment or to got to the head of the line? Spirit Airlines provides cheap air fares, no promises to hold your hand. I'm a Viet nam era vet, I would never expect to use this fact as a geat out of jail free card. Semper Fi and such it up!
juliovazquez

Zephyrhills, FL

#2 May 8, 2012
im a viet frome nam.?i could die any were .?to bad he had to die.in a plane spirt is right.may he R.I.P.julio

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clearwater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Local & State News - Tampa Bay's 10 - tampabays... (May '07) Sep 1 LSG-hoodrat 7
News Urban Survival Gear LLC Launches Based On Lates... Aug 28 David 1
Areas to avoid in Clearwater (Jul '10) Aug 28 Mike 69
Does anyone know what happened to Ron Henry Mor... (May '14) Aug 28 Frank Gannucci 4
Review: Clearwater Bankruptcy Aug 27 Lourdes456 1
Review: 10 Minute Locksmith (Oct '14) Aug 24 Raylin Sutter 4
News Why Does John Travolta Live in Ocala, Fla.? (Jan '09) Aug 23 Ricky 66
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clearwater Mortgages