15-year-old driver charged in deadly crash

The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office Major Accident Investigation Team is investigating a crash that resulted in a death of an occupant and the critical injury of another occupant. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
drew

Palmetto, FL

#1 Aug 2, 2007
thats my dawg
hope you pull through thhis!!!
hope to see you when you get out
Devan Larue

Saint Petersburg, FL

#2 Aug 2, 2007
A friend

Saint Petersburg, FL

#3 Aug 2, 2007
Drew, your "dawg" killed my friend and stuck my other friend in the hospital in critical care. The friend who died was a mother of 3 young boys. How would you feel if your friend had killed your mother? If you are even close to being as immature and responsible as your "dawg" then I hope you end up behind bars BEFORE you kill innocent people.

“Richest duck in the world”

Since: Mar 07

internet, Florida

#4 Aug 3, 2007
Devan Larue wrote:
http://www.myspace.com/bigpapp apot
Nice of them to give you internet access behind bars there, Devan.
KYLE CALHOUN

United States

#5 Aug 11, 2007
U MESSEDUP DEVON IVE BEEN FRIENDS WIT BRAD FOR A WHILE . I MET U 4 WEEKS AGO WIT UR UNCLE GENE .. DIDNT U LEARN FROM HIS MISTAKES .. BOI U BETTER HOPE THEY LOCK U UP ..
The Caregiver

Dunedin, FL

#6 Aug 17, 2007
KYLE CALHOUN wrote:
U MESSEDUP DEVON IVE BEEN FRIENDS WIT BRAD FOR A WHILE . I MET U 4 WEEKS AGO WIT UR UNCLE GENE .. DIDNT U LEARN FROM HIS MISTAKES .. BOI U BETTER HOPE THEY LOCK U UP ..
First of all neither of the parties in the jeep deserved nor asked to be in this situation. The minor driver that was driving illegally is responsible for his actions and will pay the price accordingly. If the 15 YO was so smart and was any kind of responsible person he would have pulled over when he knew he was busted for his actions, but instead he was so selfish and made decisions that impacted many other lives instead of stopping and facing the music. He is a coward! His actions and decisions cost a beautiful mother her life and devastation to her children and family that will never recover from such a loss. The survivor of the crash has suffered life threatening injuries and his life may never be the same. The minor driver ran a red light as if he owned the road and that there might actually not be cars driving legally through a green light, which last I knew meant all clear to cross. It is irrelevant what type of car or whether seat belts were worn. The impact to the car and passengers was devastating to say the least. CHILL? You need to grow up get a life and learn what responsible persons do. These minors made choices not by accident as this is called by law enforcement but a conscious decision to drive through an intersection with no thought of others but themselves and how they could not get in trouble or caught for their initial joyride. Let's just make it known there are many without joy in their life, so I hope it was worth it to them. I am sure and pray that they will never forget the lives they destroyed in fun. God is with Danielle and her family and God is with us!
The Caregiver
a friend of danielle

Sarasota, FL

#10 Aug 22, 2007
I would like to know what Devan is thinking... how this has affected him. I loved Danielle, and she loved everyone... i know that devan didn't go out with the intention of killing someone. but at the same time I haven't seen a public appology... i hope to see one in court.
devans cuzo

Saint Petersburg, FL

#11 Jul 6, 2008
he would b aologizing but tha that died her dad tol my cuzo in court that he had tha intention of killin her look hes gettin 9.5 years in PRISON n he cries jus bout evry night bout how bad he feels so HOPE OFF HIS DIK
DAME

Auburndale, FL

#12 Aug 19, 2008
MAN MODAFUK ALL YAL THATS MY DAWG 4 LYFE... I BEEN KNOW HIM FOR 2 YEARS PULL THRU BRO
kimmy

Sun City Center, FL

#13 Aug 30, 2008
devan was my boyfriend nd he was my first love i knew him better than anyone nd he was not a bad kid at all. what happened that night was a total accident he had no intention of killin anyone that night. no 16 year old kid should be in prison for 9 years just for a car accident. devan was a good kid that couldve gone somewhere in life nd just cus he made one stupid mistake nd got in a car accident nd accidently killed someone is in prison for 9 years nd is goin to go no where in life. so fuck you haterzzz
blast from the past

Frederick, MD

#14 Mar 1, 2009
kimmy wrote:
devan was my boyfriend nd he was my first love i knew him better than anyone nd he was not a bad kid at all. what happened that night was a total accident he had no intention of killin anyone that night. no 16 year old kid should be in prison for 9 years just for a car accident. devan was a good kid that couldve gone somewhere in life nd just cus he made one stupid mistake nd got in a car accident nd accidently killed someone is in prison for 9 years nd is goin to go no where in life. so fuck you haterzzz
I knew Devan since he was born, he was a bad seed, LOOK at his family... he is best behind bars, so others are safe, his mother needs to get help!!
blast from the past

Frederick, MD

#15 Mar 1, 2009
I have known Devan since he was born... he was a bad seed from the beging!! LOOK at him family... his mother needs serious help, for perscription pill addition, and should feel guilty for what she has done to her son and for someone who was her frined! Look at his father and uncle in and out of jail their whole lives!!
jenny

Pooler, GA

#16 Feb 21, 2010
you guys are idiots devan is very sorry for his actions,it's called an accident for a reason, the lady was out with her boyfriend ... just for your information. kids make mistakes all the time hes learned from his.
U HAVE NO CLUE

United States

#17 May 22, 2010
kimmy wrote:
I knew Devan since he was born and know the WHOLE family..... do you??????, is was a scrw up since birth thanks to his mother and father who I know both WELL..... GOOD LUCK sweetie... thninking like that you must have wonderful parents also :)
U HAVE NO CLUE

United States

#18 May 22, 2010
I have know Devan since he was born....... and if you knew his parents and up bringing you would know he should be in jail longer!!!! with the rest of his family!!!!
kimmy

Spring Hill, FL

#19 Jul 29, 2010
for all yal talkin shit.. devan was a verrryy nice guy nd never ment to hurt noboddyy! it was a simple mistake dat anyone else couldve made..i miss yu babee keep ur head upp!!
No Excuse

Orange City, FL

#20 Jul 30, 2010
Yeah, yeah, we're not buying the 'he's a good kid' and 'he didn't mean to hurt anyone' crap.

He deserves to go to jail for a long, long time. He decided to drive when he knew he wasn't supposed but did it anyway. Yeah, he's sorry alright...sorry he got caught.

And judging the posts from his friends, they're just as ignorant as he is. Rot in jail, punk!
LargoGirl

Saint Petersburg, FL

#21 Jul 30, 2010
kimmy wrote:
for all yal talkin shit.. devan was a verrryy nice guy nd never ment to hurt noboddyy! it was a simple mistake dat anyone else couldve made..i miss yu babee keep ur head upp!!
Kimmy, are both of your parents alive? Apparently, you have no idea the affect this will have on the children left behind. My dad was killed when I was 6 years old on the day after Christmas. I can remember people hiding the newspaper so I couldn't read the details, I remember my mother screaming when the police came to the door. And most of all, my dad never came home to play with our christmas gifts. I hate Christmas to this day. And why didn't he make it home? Because someone who thought they could drink and drive ACCIDENTLY crossed the highway with his 18 wheeler and killed my dad. Your friend knew he was driving underage, or did he accidently forget how old he was?
CJR

Dunedin, FL

#22 Jan 26, 2011
all u people thinkin ur doin any good on this shit ur just wasting ur time wuts done is done he made an accident never meant to kill that girl i know all 3 of the kids including devan that was in devans moms car wen it happened n they all said they didnt even see the jeep he was doin 80 tryin to dip from troll cuz he didnt have a license n wasnt suppose to be joy ridin but by the time he could realized wtf had happened he was smashed into another car n cops wer all over the place wit guns out n shit dont fuckin waste ur time on this shit i knew devan n no he wasnt a good kid but he didnt get a gun and purposly kill or try to kill anyone and theres people that get away wit that shit all the time and get let back on the streets to do it again so go post "belongs behind bars" ina different case cuz he made an accident n feels horrible bout it doesnt bring her life back just like it doesnt bring his back n yea hes alive but in prison so might as well be dead
Burrrr

Dunedin, FL

#23 Jan 26, 2011
U HAVE NO CLUE wrote:
I have know Devan since he was born....... and if you knew his parents and up bringing you would know he should be in jail longer!!!! with the rest of his family!!!!
Yea ur wrong a kid should not be punished for wut his parents brought him into with out choice of any kind wut all u dumb*** adults obviously dont understand is basicly how the parents r is mostly likly goin to pass on to the kid or kids u r tought mainly by ur parents everything u know other then involintary movments so maybe had devan had a better up bringing maybe this wouldnt have happend by devan but there will always be bad childhoods for certain kids its not there fault not one of us asked to be here that would be up to ur biological mother and father or if ur religous god? so maybe u belong in jail for being a dumb ***k

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clearwater-Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 9 hr Morrocan 2,140
looking for someone that needs a roomate 17 hr northern 1
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 18 hr Liberal forever 2,526
Looking for some help with a connect. Sun Liberal forever 3
Scientology: The truth rundown & David Miscavige (Jun '09) Sun Liberal forever 13
Chris/Meredith Carter (Jan '14) Sep 26 SMT 4
2. Teen dies after shooting herself in the head (Jan '11) Sep 26 Heart 10

Rip Current Statement for Pinellas County was issued at September 30 at 4:42AM EDT

Clearwater-Beach Jobs

Clearwater-Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Clearwater-Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Clearwater-Beach

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]