Council backs Clausen for police chief

There are 6 comments on the Feb 25, 2012, Lake County Record-Bee story titled Council backs Clausen for police chief. In it, Lake County Record-Bee reports that:

Following a lengthy discussion that saw the gavel crash at least twice, the Clearlake City Council directed staff Thursday to work toward the permanent appointment of Craig Clausen as the city's next chief of police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake County Record-Bee.

The Seer

Yuba City, CA

#1 Mar 8, 2012
Jeri had the right and the duty to express her displeasure and concern about Clausen being elevated to permanent Chief. She has experience with him as many of us have. She only asked that the process be opened to other candidates. Clausen did not want to go through the process probably because he would have easily been eliminated as a viable applicant based on his lack of experience not to mention his sullied past of beating an old lady in Lakeport.

Clausen is in the process of negotiating his contract. I would like to see a requirement that he live in the City of Clearlake. I doubt he will accept that as a condition. He and his wife have expressed that Clearlake is far below their status in life.
JonnyQ Public

Yuba City, CA

#2 Mar 8, 2012
When I drive through town all I see is a bunch of bums dealing drugs at Austin's Park. I see Clearlake in free fall decline and I blame the police dept. If you look back on the LCSO website you'll see the PD arrests are way down over the last few years. Most of their arrests are for warrants and drunk in public. It's because they have gotten rid of their good officers. They just appear to be going through the motions. I listen to the scanner and it's nothing like it was when Chalk was the chief and inspired the officers to do their jobs. I don't hear the car stops and I don't hear of them towing the scum bag's cars away. They send two or three officers to every call. It makes them sound and look like their scared of their own shadows.

If Dustin Wilson is the worst person Clausen can think of in Clearlake, he is really out of touch.
Blind seer

Clearlake, CA

#3 Mar 8, 2012
You are talking about Dustin Wilson(Lake County's Most Wanted man)?
Council woman Spitler's son?

Quite the model citizen. He has a rap sheet as long as your left leg.
He is on the run and a "wanted man" by more agencies than just the CPD.

I don't know what your agenda is, but you are backing a losing proposition with this guy.

lotsa luck
Seer

Yuba City, CA

#4 Mar 8, 2012
My agenda is to have people realize the corruption in the police department. I want a town which I can be proud of.

Remember Clausen beat up an old lady in Lakeport not too long ago. His buddies saved him from something he should have gone to jail for. Instead, he kept his job and now he has been promoted. Screw up - move up. Thanks Joey!!!!

He thinks he is too good to compete for the chief job. It would be nice to have someone come in and look at the department. Can you imagine a professional administrator's thoughts when he sees the tremendously large (fat)leadership team.

What a tragic joke. I wish I could move out of here.
Provocateur

Benicia, CA

#5 Mar 9, 2012
Lake County It's not What you know it's Who.
VINCE

Newport, WA

#6 Mar 11, 2012
JonnyQ Public wrote:
When I drive through town all I see is a bunch of bums dealing drugs at Austin's Park. I see Clearlake in free fall decline and I blame the police dept. If you look back on the LCSO website you'll see the PD arrests are way down over the last few years. Most of their arrests are for warrants and drunk in public. It's because they have gotten rid of their good officers. They just appear to be going through the motions. I listen to the scanner and it's nothing like it was when Chalk was the chief and inspired the officers to do their jobs. I don't hear the car stops and I don't hear of them towing the scum bag's cars away. They send two or three officers to every call. It makes them sound and look like their scared of their own shadows.
If Dustin Wilson is the worst person Clausen can think of in Clearlake, he is really out of touch.
they are called "Useless" humans! On Medicaid, free food, you name it! Useless Human's should be placed on an island in Puerto Rico!
Yank them all even here in this area! Useless!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clearlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Konocti Computers Of Lake County, CA - ... (Mar '14) Apr 21 Richard P Sr 16
News Inside Lakeporta s successful clothing stores Apr 19 the Fear tator 10
Hidden Valley Lake Golf Course Apr 18 Debbie Rosi 1
News Gang ties alleged in torture case (Jan '10) Apr 18 BLINDWAY 1,209
Hobergs Truth (Sep '13) Apr 15 hockeydad 7
Konocti Harbor Inn purchased (Dec '09) Apr 6 cl welfare trash 87
Poll Is Clint Henry Fitzgerald White Trash? (Sep '11) Apr 6 cl welfare trash 32
More from around the web

Clearlake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]