dingers shut down by board of health
walker stalker

Du Bois, PA

#1321 Feb 7, 2013
And still is
Dee Dee

Tyrone, PA

#1322 Feb 7, 2013
I hope the owners of The After Dark Buy it now. They made an offer before. Should be a lot cheaper now.
The Double Duece

San Jose, CA

#1323 Feb 7, 2013
Dingers reminds me a lot of the bar in the movie Roadhouse before they cleaned it up; A total, cesspool toilet. The difference there though, the owner had enough sense and cared about the place enough to hire a guy who knew how to run that type of a business. He brought in his own team of people, gutted the entire operation, started from scratch and eventually made it a really nice place to go. One could argue that Trish did try something similar to that by recruiting the Bailey brigade. He and his clan came in to perform their magic, but unfortunately, between them and the already ridiculous staff they had in position, they pretty much signed the death certificate. The place was doomed and never had a chance.

No, it's painfully obvious that if Dingers is ever going to be a a venue worth visiting, then the current management and brain trust must be far removed from having anything to do with its operation. Hopefully we can all benefit by that sooner rather than later.
Jack Daniels

Evans City, PA

#1325 Feb 8, 2013
The Double Duece wrote:
Dingers reminds me a lot of the bar in the movie Roadhouse before they cleaned it up; A total, cesspool toilet. The difference there though, the owner had enough sense and cared about the place enough to hire a guy who knew how to run that type of a business. He brought in his own team of people, gutted the entire operation, started from scratch and eventually made it a really nice place to go. One could argue that Trish did try something similar to that by recruiting the Bailey brigade. He and his clan came in to perform their magic, but unfortunately, between them and the already ridiculous staff they had in position, they pretty much signed the death certificate. The place was doomed and never had a chance.
No, it's painfully obvious that if Dingers is ever going to be a a venue worth visiting, then the current management and brain trust must be far removed from having anything to do with its operation. Hopefully we can all benefit by that sooner rather than later.
Very well spoken.
lol

Du Bois, PA

#1326 Feb 13, 2013
valentines and dingers still sucks ! And is still closed ! Even better
Wont say we told you so

San Jose, CA

#1327 Feb 22, 2013
And some 1,300 posts and 2 years later, looks like the "haters" which are too numerous to count, were right all along.
trash

Du Bois, PA

#1328 Feb 27, 2013
Its 3am and dingers still sucks ! Glad its closed thew !
Duncin

Export, PA

#1329 Feb 27, 2013
License gone, equipment sold. It's over Johnny
facts are facts

Clearfield, PA

#1330 Feb 27, 2013
Duncin wrote:
License gone, equipment sold. It's over Johnny
If that's true I hope someone else buys it and makes it a place that everyone can go to and enjoy the deck. It's too bad we don't have more places along the river like that. I used to go to Old Town Road Dairy and eat on their deck but last time I was there is was so overgrown on the riverbank I couldn't see anything so I never went back.
Missy

United States

#1331 Mar 3, 2013
Did they catch who sprayed the signs in front of dingers yet?
fred brown

Greensburg, PA

#1332 Mar 3, 2013
Still closed
Seriously

San Jose, CA

#1333 Mar 3, 2013
Missy wrote:
Did they catch who sprayed the signs in front of dingers yet?
There is no one to catch. Everything, as it's always been, suggests that it was an inside job. Besides, even if it wasn't a typical Dingers stunt just looking for some publicity - unless someone out right confesses or there was an eye witness, you might can forget about anyone ever being apprehended.
Jim Beam

Julian, PA

#1334 Mar 26, 2013
Whats the status. Has the place been sold yet?
fat lady

Julian, PA

#1335 Mar 26, 2013
penn dot took it for expansion of the intersection as Eminent domain. Price was $1.00
wat up

State College, PA

#1336 Aug 28, 2013
Mindy now working at the bar in weedville.
Trashed

Tyrone, PA

#1337 Aug 28, 2013
Great to see this topic resurrected even if your post has nothing to do with it.
best seller

Clearfield, PA

#1338 Sep 2, 2013
definitely our best selling thread
rumor mill

State College, PA

#1339 Apr 14, 2014
the rumor mill currently has it that a new owner will open a strip club there now. Interesting, it is supposed to open in the fall of 2014.
humor mill

Clearfield, PA

#1341 Apr 14, 2014
rumor mill wrote:
it is supposed to open in the fall of 2014.
Fair week.
megatard

Greensburg, PA

#1342 Apr 14, 2014
Can you use the access card there. And who will be DJ-ing it .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clearfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '16) 6 hr Thistle ghost 30
1%ers 6 hr Ted nugent 5
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 8 hr Princess Hey 1,331
Paul Cherry's kangaroo court 15 hr Must see 1
Clearfield Music Thread (May '13) 20 hr Ian gillan 26
Railroad st bar Mon Randie 1
Just wundering Dec 9 Holy cow 1

Clearfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clearfield Mortgages