First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Taxpaying Citizen

Clearfield, PA

#1 Jun 4, 2012
Has Larry passed the test required to do his job yet? Or are the taxpaying citizens paying this man for a job he is not qualified to do?
ilw

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Jun 4, 2012
Has not yet passed it. Actually he has told people things are code and when the "real" building inspector checked them out - the homeowners had to do them over. There are QUALIFIED people who could do this job. How could someone who has only ever installed remote car starters and stereos be even considered for the job - let alone get it?!?!
Layman

Clearfield, PA

#3 Jun 4, 2012
Taxpaying Citizen wrote:
Has Larry passed the test required to do his job yet? Or are the taxpaying citizens paying this man for a job he is not qualified to do?
the same as officer William Stwert did.
Layman

Clearfield, PA

#5 Jun 4, 2012
asStewart
Proletariat0

United States

#6 Jun 4, 2012
Can't wait to see what the low life borough employees have to say about this post! There's no argument here. Either he passed or he didn't but I'm sure you'll get some wise-man crackers post. I'm very disappointed in this guy, handing his responsibilities to the police.
west side

Clearfield, PA

#7 Jun 4, 2012
When he took over he told me that those who didn't take care of their properties were in for a big surprise because he does things by the book and he was going to clean things up.

I guess the book he was talking about was titled
"Business as Usual".

Nothing has changed since he took over. The same broken down, unregistered, unlicensed cars are sitting in yards. The same boilers are sitting in parking lots. The same dogs are shitting in yards. The same lawns are overgrown.

Thanks Larry for keeping the town looking like a third world country.
Shee Is Fierce

Fostoria, OH

#8 Jun 4, 2012
If he did things by the book, he would have resigned for not being able to fulfill his contract.
what

Canton, OH

#9 Jun 4, 2012
So really he can't write fines or enforce codes then?
farmer16830

Clearfield, PA

#10 Jun 4, 2012
ilw wrote:
Has not yet passed it. Actually he has told people things are code and when the "real" building inspector checked them out - the homeowners had to do them over. There are QUALIFIED people who could do this job. How could someone who has only ever installed remote car starters and stereos be even considered for the job - let alone get it?!?!
Because you are not smart enough to pass the BOCA test. There are some of us that do build and could pass it, but do not want to.
Mack had a business and did well and you did not have one. Stop talking bad about people unless you have known them. You could not even begin to engineer an electronic circuit let alone a wet paper bag. So do everyone a favor and go back to your couch, the welfare deposit will be here soon and you can go back to SHEETZ.
Layman

Clearfield, PA

#11 Jun 4, 2012
farmer16830 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you are not smart enough to pass the BOCA test. There are some of us that do build and could pass it, but do not want to.
Mack had a business and did well and you did not have one. Stop talking bad about people unless you have known them. You could not even begin to engineer an electronic circuit let alone a wet paper bag. So do everyone a favor and go back to your couch, the welfare deposit will be here soon and you can go back to SHEETZ.
get real
farmer16830

Clearfield, PA

#12 Jun 4, 2012
Layman wrote:
<quoted text>get real
I am a real. Go back to your hole and wait for your welfare check to get there. Talk intelligent or get off this post.
Matt Houser

Jacksonville, FL

#13 Jun 4, 2012
This guy has been in office for how long now?!?! I know it's been a while. If for Gods sake he hasn't been able to pass his test yet then he needs to get the hell out of there, seriously. He has had how long to study for this damn test, and you can't tell me it is so hard that it takes over a year to study for it. He is obviously some kind of idiot.
Fortune Cookie

Philipsburg, PA

#14 Jun 4, 2012
ilw wrote:
It's Clearfield, it's not what you know, it's who you know.
BTW, how do the slumlords in Clearfield even manage to rent some of these apartments in town, when I can spot a violation, see that it's not up to code, yet someone in moving in? Great, having people live in disgusting, unsafe apartments. It's not just the code violations, things catch on fire when electrical is not done right! One part of Clearfield by the funeral homes is just horrible, it's a mini-slum. These people do not know what pride of ownership is.
I know

Altoona, PA

#15 Jun 4, 2012
Should'nt he have to pass the test before he was hired ? What other job works that way ? Also , who can be contacted that can do something about this situation . He must be related to somebody on the Boro council .
LMAO

Clearfield, PA

#16 Jun 4, 2012
He was hired under the condition that he PASS THE TEST. He has NOT passed the test so he is violating the terms he was hired under. Name one other job where this happens and the employee is still working there. If you are hired as a truck driver under the condition that you obtain your CDL and you do NOT get your CDL, guess what, they'll fire your ass. If you get hired as a welder, bricklayer, auto mechanic, whatever, and can not get your certifications, you WILL be fired. How can you do a job properly if you do not obtain a required license needed to perform said job?
farmer16830 wrote:
<quoted text>
Shee Is Fierce

Flint, MI

#17 Jun 5, 2012
I know wrote:
Should'nt he have to pass the test before he was hired ? What other job works that way ? Also , who can be contacted that can do something about this situation . He must be related to somebody on the Boro council .
Uh...hello? He WAS Borough council!
Shee Is Fierce

Flint, MI

#18 Jun 5, 2012
Fortune Cookie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Clearfield, it's not what you know, it's who you know.
BTW, how do the slumlords in Clearfield even manage to rent some of these apartments in town, when I can spot a violation, see that it's not up to code, yet someone in moving in? Great, having people live in disgusting, unsafe apartments. It's not just the code violations, things catch on fire when electrical is not done right! One part of Clearfield by the funeral homes is just horrible, it's a mini-slum. These people do not know what pride of ownership is.
Haha. Good fishin' technique? Haha ... You are full of shyt. The only place by the funeral homes that is really bad is the house on East Locust, by Fourth Street, but someone just bought that and they are fixing it up. The Ethans/Angry Bean building is 100% better than when the bank owned it. You should commend the property owners that have turned that part of 3rd street around. Where is this mini slum? You're just fishin...I'll bite because you are wrong.
ilw

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Jun 5, 2012
@farmer16830 - you're dreaming. I DO have a business and I know for a fact there were eligible people that applied for and could have done that job. I never said Mack wasn't good at what he was QUALIFIED to do - he's just NOT qualified to be building code enforcement. It's not "talking bad" about someone when its the truth and btw - I DO know him. The job was posted that the test had to be passed within 3 (?) months. Its been years - and he can't pass it - therefore (follow me here) he is not qualified to do the job. And the house on the alley across from Bennett and Houser that had the 2 story deck built on the back - it is NOT up to code and I sure as heck wouldn't want to stand on it.
Shee Is Fierce

Mount Gilead, OH

#20 Jun 5, 2012
ilw wrote:
@farmer16830 - you're dreaming. I DO have a business and I know for a fact there were eligible people that applied for and could have done that job. I never said Mack wasn't good at what he was QUALIFIED to do - he's just NOT qualified to be building code enforcement. It's not "talking bad" about someone when its the truth and btw - I DO know him. The job was posted that the test had to be passed within 3 (?) months. Its been years - and he can't pass it - therefore (follow me here) he is not qualified to do the job. And the house on the alley across from Bennett and Houser that had the 2 story deck built on the back - it is NOT up to code and I sure as heck wouldn't want to stand on it.
What about the new lumber deck that makes it not up to code? I'm curious. It looks good, but I'm not trained in code. Seriously, I'm curious. That property has improved greatly...it just seems that the guy tries to make places better than what they were before he bought them and people are still on his case.
I know

Altoona, PA

#21 Jun 5, 2012
Shee Is Fierce wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh...hello? He WAS Borough council!
Whether he is Boro council or not , if he is not qualified he should'nt be there . Is it illegal to not have a certified code officer for OUR town ? Can't someone from higher up do something about this ? The Boro council should be ashamed and embarassed by this .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clearfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trolls 1 hr The Truth 8
strip club (Feb '11) 6 hr MKunkle 21
What is the best bar around here? (Nov '11) 6 hr Gawkygirl 65
Walker caught in Clearfield Boro patrol car 6 hr Co worker 30
$10,000 raise !!!!! 7 hr We do care 1
Sure sign of lower class = smoking (Feb '13) 9 hr know_class 20
Yellow door hangers for water bills. 10 hr One Bad Apple 3
News Bigler's "True Renaissance Man," Ray S. Walker,... 11 hr Gnat Daily 107

Clearfield Jobs

More from around the web