county employee arrested

county employee arrested

Posted in the Clearfield Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
not a chance

United States

#1 Jan 16, 2010
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that a dui arrest of a county employee warranted front-page, headlining coverage in our local excuse for a paper. Why this person? Are we going to see every arrest of a county employee covered in the same way?
Whynot

Morann, PA

#2 Jan 16, 2010
not a chance wrote:
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that a dui arrest of a county employee warranted front-page, headlining coverage in our local excuse for a paper. Why this person? Are we going to see every arrest of a county employee covered in the same way?
>

At least this was real arrest, not the fabrication type crap the anti Shaw crowd (aka DW) has been plastering on this neocon "forum".
Or maybe the reason is that this guy works at CCJ and should be an example (kind of like a certain former Lawrence Twp cop named Houser).
Matt Houser

Gallitzin, PA

#4 Jan 17, 2010
Im not sure if this is a compliment or an insult. This man that you're talking about is a good man and I know him personally. He has been working at the jail for over 10 years and does a good job at what he does. Believe me, I should know, since I've been there 4 times now. We graduated from the same high school. Why is it that the Progress has to make front page news about everyone in this town who does anything wrong. I understand that if you dont have money in this town then your business is gonna be all over the papers for everyone to see. But if you are one of the few in this town that do have money, then you have nothing to worry about because the higher ups in this town will take a pay off and just make things go away and make your news a one sentence report on the back page where nobody will see it. Thats the glory of this town....Those that have money wanna keep it that way so they have all the say in this town and wanna keep everyone down from making a decent living. Thats what makes this town so pathetic. Lets keep all the businesses out of here cause they might wanna pay a decent wage so some people can get off of welfare. Yea, im talking to you Guy Graham and all of you other assholes that keep businesses from locating here just cause you may lose your little influence. You people need to retire already and let the young people that have positive ideas for this town stand up and have a say so!!!!!!!! Oh, is that my name beside my post? Why yes, I think it is cause im not afraid to speak my mind about the bullshit that runs this town anymore. Its no wonder nobody can make a living around here anymore.
Eric Porter

Clearfield, PA

#5 Jan 17, 2010
Eric Porter, owner of MoJos, gets TWO DUIs within weeks, and there is no word of it.

Ian Curry gets one DUI, and it makes the front page of the paper.

Point illustrated. How many DUis does Eric Porter have to get until he gets a front page article?
Smokin

Morann, PA

#6 Jan 17, 2010
Eric Porter wrote:
Eric Porter, owner of MoJos, gets TWO DUIs within weeks, and there is no word of it.
Ian Curry gets one DUI, and it makes the front page of the paper.
Point illustrated. How many DUis does Eric Porter have to get until he gets a front page article?
>

So people in a set an example role should not be reported on?

How about just letting all cops, emts , corrections officers off the hook?

After all, DUI isn't a big deal, no one gets hurt do they Matt?
Ethel nol

Clearfield, PA

#7 Jan 17, 2010
Why don't you ask Matt out since you are obsessed with him?
Another village idiot

Clearfield, PA

#8 Jan 17, 2010
He was put in the paper because your tax dollars pay his salary. Is this the kind of person you want your taxes paying for? Every beer he/she/they drink came out of your pocket.
Greatpiece

Morann, PA

#9 Jan 18, 2010
Another village idiot wrote:
He was put in the paper because your tax dollars pay his salary. Is this the kind of person you want your taxes paying for? Every beer he/she/they drink came out of your pocket.
>

Do not confuse these jerks with facts and truth
Larry

Clearfield, PA

#10 Jan 18, 2010
Greatpiece wrote:
<quoted text>>
Do not confuse these jerks with facts and truth
Just spread lies like you are doing in the vo-tech thread. What a hypocrite.
Matt Houser

Gallitzin, PA

#11 Jan 18, 2010
Smokin wrote:
<quoted text>>
After all, DUI isn't a big deal, no one gets hurt do they Matt?
You obviously think Im posting under Eric Porter's screen name. Um, I post under my real name. I never said a DUI wasn't a serious offense. And Im not gonna call Eric out for what he did. I know Eric and I think he is a good guy, he just made a mistake. A mistake that myself and many other people have made. Why don't we just start a thread on here for all the people that have gotten a DUI and we can talk about them all. Im sure that all the people on here that are bashing people for DUI's never knew someone who got one.
Concerned citizen

Cleveland, OH

#12 Jan 18, 2010
Having had two family members killed by drunk drivers, I could give a rat's ass if the jail employee was embarrassed about being on the front page. Maybe the publicity will be what it takes for him to take the necessary steps to get his drinking under control. This is his second arrest for high alchohol DUI. He was sentenced a few years ago for DUI following an arrest in Ferguson Twp. Seeing criminals and drunks everyday at work should've been enough to get him to stop drinking.
Another village idiot

Franklin, PA

#13 Jan 18, 2010
What lies am I spreading? Anyone who is employed by Clearfield County is having their salary paid for out of the County budget. The County budget is funded through the TAXPAYERS OF CLEARFIELD COUNTY, the state of Pennsylvania (which also comes from your STATE taxes) and the federal government (yet again, coming from your FEDERAL tax dollars).

Ergo, any county employee, whether they are nailed for a DUI, raping a sheep, or any other bull that goes on around here, is being paid by YOUR tax dollars.

Anyone who managed to pass 5th grade US and PA History can tell you that government agencies and their employees are funded by taxpayers.

Evidently that is asking too much of the people who post here.
Walkthewalk

Morann, PA

#14 Jan 18, 2010
Concerned citizen wrote:
Having had two family members killed by drunk drivers, I could give a rat's ass if the jail employee was embarrassed about being on the front page. Maybe the publicity will be what it takes for him to take the necessary steps to get his drinking under control. This is his second arrest for high alchohol DUI. He was sentenced a few years ago for DUI following an arrest in Ferguson Twp. Seeing criminals and drunks everyday at work should've been enough to get him to stop drinking.
>

Thanks for bringing Ian's first DUI up (saves me the effort).

Matt will have a couple more before it is all said and done too, I just hope he gets caught while he is on parole and doesn't kill anyone.

Statistics prove if a person gets one, it is within a short time they will get another unless they quit drinking all together.

Larry probably has a couple too.
Larry Rules

Cumberland, MD

#15 Jan 18, 2010
Walkthewalk wrote:
<quoted text>>
Thanks for bringing Ian's first DUI up (saves me the effort).
Matt will have a couple more before it is all said and done too, I just hope he gets caught while he is on parole and doesn't kill anyone.
Statistics prove if a person gets one, it is within a short time they will get another unless they quit drinking all together.
Larry probably has a couple too.
Sorry numbnuts, I don't drink, never have so that's something I don't have to worry about.
Concerned Citizen

Clearfield, PA

#16 Jan 18, 2010
Walkthewalk wrote:
<quoted text>>
Thanks for bringing Ian's first DUI up (saves me the effort).
Matt will have a couple more before it is all said and done too, I just hope he gets caught while he is on parole and doesn't kill anyone.
Statistics prove if a person gets one, it is within a short time they will get another unless they quit drinking all together.
Larry probably has a couple too.
Kyle Shirey will probably have a couple more too. If you look at Kyle's pictures posted on facebook, you will find one posted after a December 2009 Steelers game, where Kyle has his shirt off standing on a railing at Heinz field, and it is clearly visible that Kyle urinated himself. I copied the picture, does anyone know how to post pictures, I'll post it. Or, you can view it yourself.

Making the matter worse is the fact that he posed while intoxicated for a picture with his mother, Clearfield County Victim Witness Coordinator Judy Shirey. Judy appears to be supporting this type of behavior. Her son gets a DUI, and he could have killed someone. You would think that Judy Shirey has seen firsthand how people have been affected by drunk drivers, and would not approve of your sons behavior. But you would be wrong.

I'm going to mail Kyle's employer a copy of these pictures, along with notification of his DUI and documentation of his subsequent behavior. Check out the pictures for yourself folks.
____FLB

State College, PA

#17 Jan 18, 2010
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Kyle Shirey will probably have a couple more too. If you look at Kyle's pictures posted on facebook, you will find one posted after a December 2009 Steelers game, where Kyle has his shirt off standing on a railing at Heinz field, and it is clearly visible that Kyle urinated himself. I copied the picture, does anyone know how to post pictures, I'll post it. Or, you can view it yourself.
Making the matter worse is the fact that he posed while intoxicated for a picture with his mother, Clearfield County Victim Witness Coordinator Judy Shirey. Judy appears to be supporting this type of behavior. Her son gets a DUI, and he could have killed someone. You would think that Judy Shirey has seen firsthand how people have been affected by drunk drivers, and would not approve of your sons behavior. But you would be wrong.
I'm going to mail Kyle's employer a copy of these pictures, along with notification of his DUI and documentation of his subsequent behavior. Check out the pictures for yourself folks.
Someone could have spilled a drink on him, or he spilled a beer on himself. Last time I checked, alcohol is legal. You just threatened to hurt his career because he was at a Steelers game and had something to drink? omg.

This is the bullshit we are all talking about, idiot. YOUFLB!!

Asshole! The day you die will be the day I celebrate!
Larry Rules

Uniontown, PA

#19 Jan 18, 2010
____FLB wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone could have spilled a drink on him, or he spilled a beer on himself. Last time I checked, alcohol is legal. You just threatened to hurt his career because he was at a Steelers game and had something to drink? omg.
This is the bullshit we are all talking about, idiot. YOUFLB!!
Asshole! The day you die will be the day I celebrate!
Nasty are we?
Sameoldwhine

Altoona, PA

#20 Jan 18, 2010
____FLB wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone could have spilled a drink on him, or he spilled a beer on himself. Last time I checked, alcohol is legal. You just threatened to hurt his career because he was at a Steelers game and had something to drink? omg.
This is the bullshit we are all talking about, idiot. YOUFLB!!
Asshole! The day you die will be the day I celebrate!
>

I believe another 35 to 40 thousand plus at that game were guilty too....but then again, Matt and his friends think it is okayto be in law enforcement and almost kill someone driving drunk
____FLB

State College, PA

#21 Jan 19, 2010
Larry Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Nasty are we?
Not nearly as nasty as someone Facebook stalking and making threats to ruin a person's job because they had some beer at the Steelers game. That guy is a weasel coward...the lowest of nastiness.

And you are just as nasty to support his efforts.
____FLB

State College, PA

#22 Jan 19, 2010
Larry Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Nasty are we?
I will celebrate your death, you nasty coward weasel!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clearfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
War will become of the posse idea when sheriff ... 6 hr TrumpDump 49
What happened to the stinky run flood project? 7 hr TrumpDump 10
Clearfield County Losing 8 hr Riverwalkers 8
Bill Shaw Jr beats women 9 hr Walk or troll 4
You're next, William A. Shaw Jr 15 hr sure 67
Watch the Riverwalk plans come to a screaming h... Thu Wish Granted 91
Gangster wannabes (Oct '11) Thu Prettykayla 38

Clearfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clearfield Mortgages