Are there good, notable teachers at t...

Are there good, notable teachers at the middle and high school? Who and Why?

Posted in the Clearfield Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
greenthumbmom

Altoona, PA

#1 Aug 13, 2010
I wonder who the best teachers are at the middle and high school. And why people think they are good.
hometown girl

Tyrone, PA

#2 Aug 14, 2010
I think Mr.Zelenky is an honorable person and a good, solid teacher. I believe he teaches 6th grade. I have never heard anybody say a bad word against him. I admire him. Teaching, when done right, is not an easy profession. He has had a good career.

In the high school, I am not sure because so many of the teachers have changed since I have been there.
clfd grown up

Clearfield, PA

#3 Aug 14, 2010
Let me add a few that I know. Mr. Ryan, Mr. Bash, Mrs. Barger these are a few at the middle school. Not only are they good teachers in that they work very hard to teach the curriculum but they also care very much about their students.
Recent Grad

Clearfield, PA

#4 Aug 14, 2010
Mr. Campman.....oh, and Mr. Janocko would make a dandy one! hahahahahahaha
eoa

London, UK

#6 Aug 10, 2011
To be good teachers, notable teachers, educators and teachers need to aspire to excellence in teaching, to teacher excellence, to be great teachers -this may help: http://www.geocities.ws/greatteachersari
Clearfielder

Cumberland, MD

#7 Aug 10, 2011
All the teachers in the area are very good! Its just too bad that politics and government dictate what they can and cannot teach! Its a shame that they cant discipline a student for acting out in class! According to some, thats what the parents are for. HAHAHAHAHA! Parents arent allowed to discipline their children anymore unless the discipline is ratified by congress and signed into law by the president. Its no wonder kids act the way they do today! Jimmy says, oh, lets skip school today, go smoke some weed, have sex, and make a baby. 15 year old mothers are cool. We wont get into trouble. The school cant say anything. Our parents cant discipline us or we have them arrested for child abuse. Dont worry about being 15 and having a baby. We arent old enough to get jobs so we will just go to the welfare office. They will pay us for everything. TAKE DISCIPLINE OUT OF DC, AND PUT IT BACK IN THE HOMES!
Tax payer

Burr Hill, VA

#8 Aug 10, 2011
Where do they send thier money? Cheap basterds, shop out of town. local taxes pay thier exorbitant wages. "those who can do, the rest teach"
Matt Houser

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Aug 10, 2011
Tax payer wrote:
Where do they send thier money? Cheap basterds, shop out of town. local taxes pay thier exorbitant wages. "those who can do, the rest teach"
Did you ever think that the reason they shop out of town is because there is no place in Clearfield to shop unless you wanna go to Big Lots or the Dollar Store. I swear Clearfield caters to people on state assistance by placing so many dollar stores in town. Heaven forbid there be some actual nice places to shop so those of us that actually have money don't have to leave town.
Union Sparky

Clearfield, PA

#10 Aug 10, 2011
Matt Houser wrote:
<quoted text>Did you ever think that the reason they shop out of town is because there is no place in Clearfield to shop unless you wanna go to Big Lots or the Dollar Store. I swear Clearfield caters to people on state assistance by placing so many dollar stores in town. Heaven forbid there be some actual nice places to shop so those of us that actually have money don't have to leave town.
Another day of Matt "working"...on Topix.
teach

Powell, OH

#11 Aug 10, 2011
Middle school 7th grade good teachers include April Simpson, algebra and math, Mrs. Barger, reading, and although she is a bit tough on the kids and may not mesh with some parents, Mrs. Beish, geography.

Crappy teachers of 7th grade include Kristen Gray, science, and Mr. Billotte, the gym teacher.

Mr. Brickley. Assistant Principal and Mr. Miksell, Guidance and typing, are two of the best people to have in their respective positions. They both are helpful, compassionate and understanding, yet do a good job dealing with kids and their parents.
bubba

Grampian, PA

#12 Aug 10, 2011
mikesell---you have to be kidding---all he doe sis cause trouble, gossip and tell his wife what to do and say on the school board. he is a loser, loser loser.
Matt Houser

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Aug 10, 2011
Union Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>
Another day of Matt "working"...on Topix.
Actually yea, I am working this week overnights in New Castle.
teach

Powell, OH

#14 Aug 10, 2011
bubba wrote:
mikesell---you have to be kidding---all he doe sis cause trouble, gossip and tell his wife what to do and say on the school board. he is a loser, loser loser.
You sure that is same one?
Buff

United States

#15 Aug 10, 2011
teach wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure that is same one?
Mikesell is one of the good guys. Smart and hard working.
If we want to mention bad teachers, no list would be complete without Shimmel. Lazy and incompetent springs to mind when I hear his name mentioned.
noone

United States

#16 Aug 10, 2011
Clearfielder wrote:
All the teachers in the area are very good! Its just too bad that politics and government dictate what they can and cannot teach! Its a shame that they cant discipline a student for acting out in class! According to some, thats what the parents are for. HAHAHAHAHA! Parents arent allowed to discipline their children anymore unless the discipline is ratified by congress and signed into law by the president. Its no wonder kids act the way they do today! Jimmy says, oh, lets skip school today, go smoke some weed, have sex, and make a baby. 15 year old mothers are cool. We wont get into trouble. The school cant say anything. Our parents cant discipline us or we have them arrested for child abuse. Dont worry about being 15 and having a baby. We arent old enough to get jobs so we will just go to the welfare office. They will pay us for everything. TAKE DISCIPLINE OUT OF DC, AND PUT IT BACK IN THE HOMES!
STANDING OVATION!

Well said. Parents that do not raise their children to be responsible adults is the root cause of bad schools and a failing community.
bubba

Grampian, PA

#17 Aug 10, 2011
j mikesell is a complete waste. TROUBLE MAKER his brother bob is ok. i hear his wife does what he says on the school board she cannot make up her own mind.
Blowhard

Marion, OH

#18 Aug 11, 2011
bubba wrote:
j mikesell is a complete waste. TROUBLE MAKER his brother bob is ok. i hear his wife does what he says on the school board she cannot make up her own mind.
You allways believe everthing you hear? You are still a bag of hot air.
mom

Columbus, OH

#19 Aug 17, 2011
Many great teachers!
Sungrl28

Stow, OH

#20 Oct 4, 2012
hometown girl wrote:
I think Mr.Zelenky is an honorable person and a good, solid teacher. I believe he teaches 6th grade. I have never heard anybody say a bad word against him. I admire him. Teaching, when done right, is not an easy profession. He has had a good career.
In the high school, I am not sure because so many of the teachers have changed since I have been there.
OMG...Mr Zelenky is an absolute pig. When I was in his class many years ago, he would humiliate me on a daily basis. He actually made me sit on a male student's lap on day. Um, sexual harrassment anyone? When I tried to refuse to do it he said "I'm your teacher and I'm telling you to do it.". I was so humiliated as I was a very shy and quiet girl. I never told anyone about that day (except for my entire class of course) because I was embarrassed and thought I had done something bad. After all these years I know realize that there wasn't anything wrong about me...I was an innocent kid. But Denny Zelenky is a pig who shouldn't be allowed to teach. It's an absolute crime that the bastard is still at the middle school.
xxx

Clearfield, PA

#21 Oct 5, 2012
Sungrl28 wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG...Mr Zelenky is an absolute pig. When I was in his class many years ago, he would humiliate me on a daily basis. He actually made me sit on a male student's lap on day. Um, sexual harrassment anyone? When I tried to refuse to do it he said "I'm your teacher and I'm telling you to do it.". I was so humiliated as I was a very shy and quiet girl. I never told anyone about that day (except for my entire class of course) because I was embarrassed and thought I had done something bad. After all these years I know realize that there wasn't anything wrong about me...I was an innocent kid. But Denny Zelenky is a pig who shouldn't be allowed to teach. It's an absolute crime that the bastard is still at the middle school.
There are many teachers in the CASD that need to be exposed for their past or present inappropiate behavior . Where's the anti-bullying policy for them ? There was also a teacher let go at the MS for questionable conduct with boys , still waiting for one of the boys to come forward . The school is lucky that no lawsuits came out of that , because this went on for years without being stopped .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clearfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KOZ the next scam Fri Political welfare 17
Gem of the Alleghenies May 24 SoWhichIsIt 4
News Clearfield Commissioners Give Update on Propose... May 24 Victory 3
How's that Riverwalk ? May 23 Victory 37
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '16) May 23 Princess Hey 148
skams (Aug '10) May 22 Nabisco 132
Bigler Township MADERA May 22 Mick the Dick 8

Clearfield Jobs

Personal Finance

Clearfield Mortgages