I agree

United States

#64 Apr 29, 2011
GetAClue wrote:
<quoted text>
Countyworker? Don't think so. If you were you would know it is Sobel that brought in his union buster attorney buddy from Pittsburgh. And the madam wants to cut our health insurance and give the business to her old man. McCracken is the only one looking out for county workers.

This is just another example of the commissioners doing what's best for them and helping all of their friends out. Just like they got their wifebeating alcoholic accountant a job for the County. Wouldn't a previous discharge from a local company for the same reasons be enough of a clue that he shouldn't be hired?
bubba

Elmora, PA

#65 Apr 29, 2011
SOUNDS TO ME LIKE THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE WOULD LIKE TO SEE NEW COMMISSIONERS. I FOR ONE. GOOD LUCK SCHICKLING, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO UNSEAT JOHN "THE DISH RAG SOBEL" AND "POWER hungry MCMILLEN". OH YA RENT OFFICES FOR THE COUNTY EMPLOYEES THAT WERE IN THE BUILDING BY THE HIGHWAY OFFICE. JUST HOW MUCH ARE THEY SPENDING FOR RENTALS OR LEASES. MUCH MORE THAN THE ELECTRIC BILL AT THE OLD BUILDING. BUT THEY WILL NOT TELL YOU THAT. I AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN YOU 3 YES THAT INCLUDES YOU MCCRACKEN---"LITTLE PUPPET" I WILL DO WHATEVER5 YOU TELL ME JOHN AND JOAN. WOW I GOTTA GET OFF HERE THIS IS REALLY GETTING ME IN A BAD MOOD.
From the radio website

Houtzdale, PA

#66 Apr 30, 2011
WOK!W 102.9FM is reminding listeners to tune in on Monday evening for the first of 2 LIVE on-air discussions with candidates running for the office of Clearfield County Commissioner. The first LIVE on-air discussion will take place at 7:00PM Monday, May 2nd with the republican candidates running for Clearfield County Commissioner. A week later, on Monday, May 9th, a discussion with the democratic candidates will be held at 7:00PM. WOKW also plans to re-air both broadcasts, beginning at 7:00PM on May 16th, the night before this year’s Primary Election.
Voter

Grove City, OH

#68 May 1, 2011
Hash anybody else noticed, the current commissioners touting their fiscal prowess? If so has anyboby mentioned the leftover slush fund money that they spent?
damadam

State College, PA

#69 May 1, 2011
Voter wrote:
Hash anybody else noticed, the current commissioners touting their fiscal prowess? If so has anyboby mentioned the leftover slush fund money that they spent?
Forget that ish Gadhafi's son was killed today. Rumor has it he was killed by the madam commish and her high power rifle
Voter

Grove City, OH

#70 May 1, 2011
No way, she's not that good of a shot....
speed limit 25

Cumberland, MD

#71 May 1, 2011
He was run over by a commissioner who was speeding.
Retread Rex

Columbus, OH

#72 May 1, 2011
Just saw a 're-elect' Rex Read sign, WTF, too cheap to buy new signs I guess. Remember folks may 17th vote for NONE of the incumbents (or pevious looking for a job commissioners)
damadam

State College, PA

#73 May 1, 2011
Retread Rex wrote:
Just saw a 're-elect' Rex Read sign, WTF, too cheap to buy new signs I guess. Remember folks may 17th vote for NONE of the incumbents (or pevious looking for a job commissioners)
Forget that ish I'm scared and I'm votin for madam commish

Boom dern dern dern what have you done
Boom dern dern dern Joanie's got a gun

and she cut my taxes too
Matt Houser

Pittsburgh, PA

#74 May 1, 2011
Her slogan is high paying jobs with family sustaining wages. Can someone please tell me of ANY high paying, family sustaining jobs that have come to the county since she was elected. They all talk the big talk about bringing jobs to the area, but that's all it is. I don't wanna see bullshit talk about Im gonna do this or Im gonna do that. I would wanna see some results on their promises or vote them the hell outta office and put someone in there who will do something.
ishishmadamcommi sh

State College, PA

#75 May 1, 2011
Rumor has it a certain madam commish was spotted with her rifle in Pakistan on Sunday then it was announced Bin Laden is dead. could it be true.

Joanies got a gun
Barry Abbott is on the run
VOTERTOO

Clearfield, PA

#76 May 2, 2011
I agree wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just another example of the commissioners doing what's best for them and helping all of their friends out. Just like they got their wifebeating alcoholic accountant a job for the County. Wouldn't a previous discharge from a local company for the same reasons be enough of a clue that he shouldn't be hired?
We can thank John Sobel for that. The wife beating alcoholic was also suspected of abusing his elderly father. He is NO GOOD ! They hired him as an assistant controller at 32000 per year. When Scotto was elected as Controller did the voters know that he would have an asst.? Maybe Scotto cant handle the controller job and the pizza shop at the same time.
Voter

Findlay, OH

#77 May 2, 2011
PISSED OFF wrote:
<quoted text> Yes John Sobel and the rest of his Wanna Be NASCAR DDRIVERS are probably nice people. But I would appreciate them being a little more considerate when they drive down our street. Im telling you they go down the road up to 40 miles per hour. By the way this street is 15 mile per hour. total jerks !!!
Did John sobel have his personality removed as a child? And while we're at it Joan should lay of the testosterone shots.....
saw it on the radio

Chicago, IL

#78 May 2, 2011
Listened to the radio thing tonight. Gotta say, Barry Abbot sounds good. He's much better than that dud John Sobel and the screeching Joan McMillen.
At the beginning, Sobel made some dumb joke about taking over the world (how dumb is this guy?) and McMillen sounded like she was competing in the Miss America Contest.
Abbot showed he has common sense. He gets my vote!
Dubois, get out and vote for your man and help get rid of the do-nothing liars, McMillen & Sobel
bubba

Morrisdale, PA

#79 May 2, 2011
vote for barry abbot and rick schickling,good bye john and annie oakley
ishishmadamcommi sh

State College, PA

#80 May 2, 2011
bubba wrote:
vote for barry abbot and rick schickling,good bye john and annie oakley
schickling didn't hear him answer any questions

me thinks we should vote for the 2 ladies imagine that cat fight every tuesday at the commish meetings we could start calling the commish office the liter box
Voter

Findlay, OH

#81 May 2, 2011
ishishmadamcommish wrote:
<quoted text>
schickling didn't hear him answer any questions
me thinks we should vote for the 2 ladies imagine that cat fight every tuesday at the commish meetings we could start calling the commish office the liter box
2 ladies, shit I haven't even seen one....
quips

Burbank, CA

#82 May 3, 2011
I heard them say that Schickling had already committed to the Clearfield School Board Work Session and he couldn't do the radio debate.
You know what? I respect him for that. He's a man who keeps his commitments.
Vote Abbott & Schickling and get rid of these terrible incumbents.
They're doing a Democrat debate next Monday. It should be interesting to hear how many lies Mark McCracken tells. I just hope Rex Read tears Mark a new one.
McCracken needs to go ,too.
NO INCUMBENTS!
Voter

Akron, OH

#83 May 3, 2011
quips wrote:
I heard them say that Schickling had already committed to the Clearfield School Board Work Session and he couldn't do the radio debate.
You know what? I respect him for that. He's a man who keeps his commitments.
Vote Abbott & Schickling and get rid of these terrible incumbents.
They're doing a Democrat debate next Monday. It should be interesting to hear how many lies Mark McCracken tells. I just hope Rex Read tears Mark a new one.
McCracken needs to go ,too.
NO INCUMBENTS!
How 'bout no Rex either, did you notice his signs say "re=elect"?
North Atlantic

Burbank, CA

#84 May 3, 2011
I guess we'll just have to listen to the Democrat debate on the radio on Monday, May 9 at 7 o'clock.
If you don't want McCracken or Read, that leaves you with the Monella kid. Maybe he has some good ideas. I know I'll be listening. Anything is better than the 3 crooked commissioners we have now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clearfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
vote Tim Winters Borough Council (NOT) (Nov '11) 28 min Tims Nutz Sag 109
memories for less 2 hr sammykks 3
Failure of Penn Highlands Healthcare 5 hr Username Entered 19
Rent-A-Center vs Aarons (Feb '12) 11 hr lancelover2u 54
News County Dismisses HAZMAT Vendor Request from Big... 15 hr Checkbouncin fool 21
County Commissioner Election 2015 May 1 Zombiland 56
Cen-Clear (Feb '10) May 1 Machine15825 88
More from around the web

Clearfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]