code enforcement letters

Posted in the Clearfield Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
good old boy network

Clearfield, PA

#1 Jan 28, 2013
why is code enforcement sending letters to single mothers threatening them with fines for not cleaning their sidewalks while the house near the end of market street hasn't had the sidewalk touched in weeks? why are they getting a free pass?
Dan the Man

Clearfield, PA

#2 Jan 28, 2013
good old boy network wrote:
why is code enforcement sending letters to single mothers threatening them with fines for not cleaning their sidewalks while the house near the end of market street hasn't had the sidewalk touched in weeks? why are they getting a free pass?
BS. Clean up your own pigsty and don't worry about your neighbor.
Layman

Clearfield, PA

#3 Jan 28, 2013
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text> BS. Clean up your own pigsty and don't worry about your neighbor.
are you the neighbor
good old boy network

Clearfield, PA

#4 Jan 28, 2013
how is it bullshit? just drive by and see. must be someones buddy.
Endogenous hierarchy

Freeport, PA

#5 Jan 28, 2013
Probably the same reason some organizations and agencies are permitted to block streets and alleys.

But seriously, there are plenty of single moms that remove their own snow. There's no excuse not to do it. If you own property, or are required to remove snow by a rental agreement, then responsibilities need to be fulfilled, no matter who you are. Everyone that refuses to remove snow needs to be put on notice.
Reverend Irreverent

State College, PA

#6 Jan 28, 2013
What does being a single mother have to do with anything anyhow?
the rest of the story

Clearfield, PA

#7 Jan 28, 2013
Reverend Irreverent wrote:
What does being a single mother have to do with anything anyhow?
ever try to raise children by yourself while working full time? sometimes it's hard to get everything done in a timely manner. so the mother who isn't on welfare gets threatened with a $350 fine while a good old boy gets to do as he pleases. typical small town bullshit.
Conspiracy In Clfd

Clearfield, PA

#8 Jan 28, 2013
Reverend Irreverent wrote:
What does being a single mother have to do with anything anyhow?
It's pretty well-known every branch of Clearfield government has a 'Pick-On-This-Single-Working-M om-Today' file. Well, 8 out of 10 Clfd Topix users believe it exist.

How does one get on 'The List'? They leech off the JG security camera system and wait for a woman with a child in the cart that pays cash for her groceries. You're then automatically entered into the database.

Not every conspiracy is a theory.
I Hate Downtown

Clearfield, PA

#9 Jan 29, 2013
I've never seen a more corrupt town, from the courthouse bozo's to the business owners!
kiki224

Altoona, PA

#10 Jan 29, 2013
the rest of the story wrote:
<quoted text>
ever try to raise children by yourself while working full time? sometimes it's hard to get everything done in a timely manner. so the mother who isn't on welfare gets threatened with a $350 fine while a good old boy gets to do as he pleases. typical small town bullshit.
I thought the fine was $25? When did it go up?
GoodOlBoy

Clearfield, PA

#11 Jan 29, 2013
I'm still wondering about the 4 junk cars in the backyard of Alfred Hess on SW 4th Ave.He is the father of Joe and Pete Hess (both are contractors).His backyard actually fronts Bigler Rd and there have been many complaints from all who have to see it everyday.These complaints have gone back 15 years. That means Jim Kling igno this tred it and now Larry Mack doesn't seem to care.It's not just junk cars either it's lawn mowers,bbq grills and all the other crap that you would expect to find in a junk yard.Would could the Hess family possible have on the our Boro leaders ?? Seriously folks I have been to the boro many times with this an d they just ignore it
Typical

Clearfield, PA

#12 Jan 29, 2013
So certain people get a free pass on code violations and all some can talk about is why was a single mother was mentioned? This is why the powers that be do as they please, they know people aren't going to look at the big picture, just fight over semantics. If you're friends with code enforcement, cops, judges, borough council etc, you'll get favors while ordinary citizens get the shaft.
Par For The Course

Clearfield, PA

#14 Jan 29, 2013
Welcome to the real world. This is certainly nothing new. You've surely heard the old cliche, "it's not who you are, it's who you know."
Cmon Man

Houtzdale, PA

#15 Jan 29, 2013
it takes 10 minutes to shovel a side walk if that
Clearfielder

Reynoldsville, PA

#16 Jan 29, 2013
How about all the people in East End that have made parking lots in their yards? That is against all boro laws and or blocking the sidewalks with their cars.
trash

Philipsburg, PA

#17 Jan 29, 2013
Clearfielder wrote:
How about all the people in East End that have made parking lots in their yards? That is against all boro laws and or blocking the sidewalks with their cars.
Good job Larry Mack ! Dingers is closed for good !
Endogenous hierarchy

Upper Sandusky, OH

#18 Jan 30, 2013
trash wrote:
<quoted text>
Good job Larry Mack ! Dingers is closed for good !
You post trash about Dingers every night about 2 am when the bars close. Sorry drunkie, but you are the one that appears trashy. Whatever will you talk about now? Dont worry, you'll find another bar that will 86 your drunk ass, then we can listen to your horseshit for another two years.
trash

Philipsburg, PA

#19 Jan 30, 2013
Endogenous hierarchy wrote:
<quoted text>You post trash about Dingers every night about 2 am when the bars close. Sorry drunkie, but you are the one that appears trashy. Whatever will you talk about now? Dont worry, you'll find another bar that will 86 your drunk ass, then we can listen to your horseshit for another two years.
Lmao i work 3rd shift while its 2 am ur time its break time my time . So now what smarty pants ? Lmfao dick !
taking out the trash

Clearfield, PA

#20 Jan 30, 2013
trash wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao i work 3rd shift while its 2 am ur time its break time my time . So now what smarty pants ? Lmfao dick !
Losers work 3rd shift. All the good people work first shift.
E-Rock

Clearfield, PA

#21 Jan 30, 2013
Cmon Man wrote:
it takes 10 minutes to shovel a side walk if that
So why do so many simply not do it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clearfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
First Impressions 41 min Passer By 3
Christmas trees 51 min Pagan Goddess 15
The World We Live In 3 hr stalemate 59
Clearfield County Jail (Jul '11) 6 hr Who are you 54
quehanna - curtiss wright (Feb '11) 12 hr Mike Tarone 99
Ritz Upgrades (Apr '13) Tue beggars day banquet 84
Clearfield County Government (Feb '11) Mon sock puppeteer 37
Clearfield Dating
Find my Match

Clearfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Clearfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Clearfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:01 am PST

Bleacher Report10:01AM
Aikman Nearly Came out of Retirement to Play for Eagles
CBS Sports 1:47 PM
Troy Aikman was offered Eagles QB job while announcing game in 2002
NBC Sports 3:01 PM
Pump fake still an old standby tool in QB's belt - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 3:13 PM
Steelers run defense to face test from Chiefs - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 3:17 PM
Will the Eagles Regret Not Shaking Things Up Secondary?