What a rip on the kids at Vo Tech!

What a rip on the kids at Vo Tech!

Posted in the Clearfield Forum

LOL

Uniontown, PA

#1 Jan 15, 2010
http://theprogressnews.com/default.asp...

"when asked if the leagues have considered using the assistance of students at the Clearfield County Career and Technology Center to construct a new roof, Ed Yeager said they would prefer not to use volunteers to do the work because although the leagues do not have anything of value in the concession stand now, they plan to in the future, therefore they are going to need to have a guaranteed roof constructed by a professional contractor."

I've seen the students from the Vo Tech do great work and I think this is a huge rip on the students and the faculty there. I'm sure they could build a great roof but go ahead and get money to do it instead Ed!

“TOPIX is propoganda”

Since: Jul 09

lala land

#2 Jan 15, 2010
Ive been out of the loop of the Clfd Vo Tech for over 20 years. I dont even know what courses are offered any more. I think for the students, this would be a great experience. I think Liability is a major hurdle. You would need more experienced tradesmen to supervise a project like this. This would be a great experience, beyond the carpentry dept. does the school have Plumbers, electricians, HVAC, etc.? Maybe the adult program would be better for the adult students handle the more dangerous and difficult tasks? Or maybe make a Co-Op between local contractors and the better students. Who knows maybe this could give the seniors an opportunity to a full time immediate job after graduation. I mean isn't this the purpose of offering VO-TECH to high school kids?

“TOPIX is propoganda”

Since: Jul 09

lala land

#3 Jan 15, 2010
Its also too bad their aren't apprenticeships into one of the Building trade unions in this area to recruit graduating kids. If you want to become a Union Apprentice in this area you might as well just move to Pittsburgh or Harrisburg, after graduating High school.
Another village idiot

Clearfield, PA

#4 Jan 17, 2010
They want to put a roof on that piece of crap concession stand at the ball field. Those Vo-Tech kids build ENTIRE HOUSES as part of the Habitat for Humanity project and Yeager doesn't think they'll do a good job? These kids are going out in the real world and doing these jobs when they graduate and Yeager doesn't think they can put a roof on? What the heck kind of roof are they looking to put on that's going to cost $10,000-$13,000?

I think rather than begging for money (our tax dollars yet again), The youth baseball association needs to do what every other group does when they need money...get off their asses and do some fund raising. I personally found it pretty funny that they're begging the municipalities for money (who are already strapped for cash) yet they have no money to put toward the project.

Yeager said they had over 300 kids playing baseball, so if I did my math correctly, if each of those 300 kids sells $30 worth of candy, Marianna's subs or whatever, there's $9,000. If they sell $40 worth of stuff, there's $12,000. Problem solved.
Larry

Woodland, PA

#5 Jan 17, 2010
Where did Yeager say the things you are posting?
Greatpiece

Glen Campbell, PA

#6 Jan 18, 2010
Larry wrote:
Where did Yeager say the things you are posting?
>

In the Friday Progress..........That is BS about liability, the students have done other community projects for different clubs under the supervision of Robin Stephan whom Ibelieve is licensed in construction.

Wonder if Ed has a friend in the roofing business?
Larry

Woodland, PA

#7 Jan 18, 2010
The article never said anything that is being mentioned here. Stop spreading lies.
LOL Larry

Uniontown, PA

#8 Jan 18, 2010
Here Larry, since you are too stupid to click on the link I had in the original post.

"First ethanol shipment leaves Clearfield plant
Friday, January 15, 2010
By Staff Writer
At last night's committee meetings of the Clearfield Borough Council, Code Enforcement Officer Larry Mack said the ethanol plant has been up and running since the day after Christmas and this week sent out its first shipment of ethanol.
Thus far, he said, there have been very few issues with the plant.
The only issue is that sometimes when trucks make deliveries to the plant they use their engine brakes, which make a lot of noise.
Mack said the plant itself is very quiet and there have been no complaints about noise or smell.
A new roof for the concession stand at the Little League Baseball field was again the main topic of discussion.

Ed Yeager, representing the Clearfield Little League, Clearfield Youth Baseball and Babe Ruth Baseball said they need to raise $10,000-$12,000 for a new roof on the concession stand and asked if the borough has any money in its recreation budget to donate toward it.
According to Yeager, the concession stand is the main source of revenue for the leagues and the 381 children that participate in them.
He also said there are several tournaments planned in Clearfield this summer, some as long as a week, which will bring in a lot of people and business to Clearfield.
Borough operations manager Leslie Stott said the borough has $41,136 in its recreation fund but most of it is already accounted for such as the riverfront development, salaries for the recreation director, maintenance, lights, lawn care, etc. She said there is $5,000 in a general expense account in the recreation fund, but said she will have to go back and look up what is being paid for with those funds.
And she said although they all agree that Little League Baseball is a worthy organization, she isn't sure if the borough can legally donate to the organization for the project due to ownership issues.
According to Yeager, Robert Kurtz of Clearfield owns the land where the fields are located but has an arrangement where Little League Baseball can use the land as long as it is used for Little League Baseball. Yeager said the leagues have done all the improvements on the fields like the concession stand and the baseball diamonds.
The ownership issue also likely makes the leagues ineligible for any state grants, Stott agreed.

Patricia Kavelak asked if the leagues have considered using the assistance of students at the Clearfield County Career and Technology Center to construct a new roof. Yeager said they would prefer not to use volunteers to do the work because although the leagues do not have anything of value in the concession stand now, they plan to in the future, therefore they are going to need to have a guaranteed roof constructed by a professional contractor.
Yeager said the leagues don't have any money set aside for the project yet but hope to soon, and said several fundraisers are planned for the near future.
Yeager said the leagues are asking Lawrence Township for a contribution as well.
Stott said she will work with Solicitor F. Cortez Bell to see if the borough can legally contribute to the project and continue to look for sources of revenue for the leagues."

http://theprogressnews.com/default.asp...
Greatpiece

Glen Campbell, PA

#9 Jan 18, 2010
Larry wrote:
The article never said anything that is being mentioned here. Stop spreading lies.
>

Larry(?)and Ed Yeager roofers..........specializing in concession stands.

Matt Houseris our security force and drink vendor, Derek Walker is our Business Mgr..
Larry Rules

Cumberland, MD

#11 Jan 18, 2010
Hey morons, I read the article and nowhere does it say that Ed Yeager said (in your words) "the kids couldn't do a good job" and "Yeager doesn't think they can put a roof on?"

You are spreading lies. So...

You're a liar.
EdnLarryroofing

Glen Campbell, PA

#12 Jan 18, 2010
Larry Rules wrote:
Hey morons, I read the article and nowhere does it say that Ed Yeager said (in your words) "the kids couldn't do a good job" and "Yeager doesn't think they can put a roof on?"
You are spreading lies. So...
You're a liar.
>

Bull, you and Yeager are gonna do the roof.I smell a kickback.

Scott Yeager would be proud
Molly Yeager-

Clearfield, PA

#13 Jan 18, 2010
No I don't need to hide behind a screen name thank you!

First off, my father meant no offense to anyone involved in vo tech. Vo tech is a great opportunity for kids in our area and he and my family have always looked highly upon the projects that they do. However there are always circumstances and situations where things need to be done professionaly due to liability, warentee's, guarentee's ect... Not once did he relate any of it to quality of work or them not being able to do it. Little league relys heavily on that "peice of crap concession stand" to supply funds for several fields so that kids aren't expected to pay or sell candy bars. Anyone that's involved in sports or activities knows how damn annoying it is every time your kid brings home something else to sell! We in little league pride ourself on the fact that we don't charge our kids hundreds of dollars to play and enjoy america's past time. Go to state college just an hour away and your charged just to try out for a team! WTF! Really?! Well thanks to my dad and several others involved in the league that will not happen in our town. The whole get off your ass comment? All I have to say to that is you don't know my dad. And I can rest assured that everyone who does know him knows better than to be offended by that comment. He pours his heart soul and on occasion own income into providing for kids in our community. I can remember when my brothers summer wooden bat league made the world series and he sat in our living room saying my friends are college kids we can't afford to go...They didn't have time to do much fundraising however they got very much appreciated donations from wonderful people in our town and with what my parents managed to scrap together off they went. Bag and baggage loaded up in cars they met early in the morning in my house smiles all around. We don't have thousands of dollars. There isn't a money tree in our back yard but my dad knew what it meant for those kids to get to play in that world series. So we haven't put the siding on our house or gotten the new windows that my moms been wanting. We've done what we could to give back. And we always will. Dad has never once asked to be recognized for anything he does. It's what he lives for. Baseball is his true passion and it's a family afair at our house. All he asked for was for the people of boro council to consider helping the Clearfield Youth Baseball Association with the roofing project at the little league field.
ConcernedCitizen

Custer City, PA

#14 Jan 18, 2010
I love people who sit behind a computer screen and put people down for giving their blood, sweat and tears to a volunteer organization. I remember growing up and playing little league and senior league on those same fields. I loved it. We all did or else we wouldn't have signed up to play. Ed Yeager has gone above and beyond for the Clearfield Youth Baseball Association and various other organizations. Maybe instead of sitting on your ass's behind a computer screen, maybe donate a couple hours of your time to such organizations. Oh wait, that would be too complicated because I'm probably paying for your internet, cable, beer, and so on. OH and another thing, I see people from Reynoldsville and Erie replying to this topic. You don't even live here nor are you involved with Little League so mind your own business. It's a disgrace when you've got a few people who get pissed off about fixing something such as a roof on a Little League Concession stand. I sure hope you don't have any kids that are involved in anything.

Since: Jan 10

Custer City, PA

#15 Jan 18, 2010
Oh, and I'm not from Julian, PA. I've lived in Clearfield most of my life.
Larry

Cumberland, MD

#16 Jan 18, 2010
It's amazing to me that a couple of people sit on this site all day waiting for someone to post so they can jump on them or spread false information.

I'm not a roofer. There's no way in hell I would be a roofer, it's not something I would be interested in even trying. The poster from Reynoldsville needs to stop spreading lies.
Larry

Cumberland, MD

#17 Jan 18, 2010
ConcernedCitizen wrote:
I love people who sit behind a computer screen and put people down for giving their blood, sweat and tears to a volunteer organization. I remember growing up and playing little league and senior league on those same fields. I loved it. We all did or else we wouldn't have signed up to play. Ed Yeager has gone above and beyond for the Clearfield Youth Baseball Association and various other organizations. Maybe instead of sitting on your ass's behind a computer screen, maybe donate a couple hours of your time to such organizations. Oh wait, that would be too complicated because I'm probably paying for your internet, cable, beer, and so on. OH and another thing, I see people from Reynoldsville and Erie replying to this topic. You don't even live here nor are you involved with Little League so mind your own business. It's a disgrace when you've got a few people who get pissed off about fixing something such as a roof on a Little League Concession stand. I sure hope you don't have any kids that are involved in anything.
These cowards sit on here all day so it is obvious they have no jobs.

United States

#18 Jan 18, 2010
I personally as well as many others in this area volunteer countless hours a year and we don't get anything out of it other than knowing that we are helping the community at times of need. What would these kids do if there wasn't a Little League organization or any after school programs? Try going to a game sometime and see the smiles on these kids faces. They love baseball and enjoy it. For some, it's a start to a career or just a hobby. It's America's Favorite Past-time.
Sameoldwhine

Tyrone, PA

#19 Jan 18, 2010
Larry wrote:
It's amazing to me that a couple of people sit on this site all day waiting for someone to post so they can jump on them or spread false information.
I'm not a roofer. There's no way in hell I would be a roofer, it's not something I would be interested in even trying. The poster from Reynoldsville needs to stop spreading lies.
>

The poster from "Reynoldsville " made a goodpoint Lay rey

Cumberland, MD

#20 Jan 18, 2010
Sameoldwhine wrote:
<quoted text>>
The poster from "Reynoldsville " made a goodpoint Lay rey
Lying is never a good point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clearfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clfd walmart pharmacy 8 hr meeeeeeeeeeee 6
clearfield zombies 12 hr guitar hero 20
Clearfield Guitarist: Who Is The Best ?? (Sep '10) 20 hr YouWish 74
Shasta aka Shawn Wilsoncroft (Feb '13) 20 hr YouWish 9
Self Storage (Apr '13) 21 hr jstrong196 48
Busted 22 hr jack 11
Produce Wed Latecomer 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clearfield Mortgages