New Clearfield McDonalds
burger boy

Mineral Springs, PA

#21 Sep 29, 2012
Danielle wrote:
I just wanted through out there you trying working a store any store with say 5 crew and 1 manager. Manager is busy doing manager things paper work, dealing with a customer who is complaining just to get free food, or what have you.So, now its one counter person super busy people waiting for there orders to be takin waiting for food. back drive thru taking all the orders and taking money, front drive thru filling there own orders and getting drinks, ice cream those danm frappies and shit like that. and 2 ppl in the kitchen runnung around like crazy. Some of them only being here a week or so... they are bound to make mistake sorry not every one can do there job as perfect as you.
Again, another fine example of shitty management. Scheduling the minimal amount of people to work during peak hours. Why should I bust my ass or give a damn about food quality or service when I have to do the jobs of 3 people, all because of "labor" and the higher ups wanting to save a few dollars. You would think, with all the "wisdon" of the higher ups, that during hours that food sales are supposed to be high, they would schedule more people to accomodate the business. I am so glad that our stor is open again. I had the misfortune of working at the I-80 store while they were rebuilding our store. It really sucked. No wonder they fired the manager from that store and her snotty little daughter. With heir holier than thou attitudes and shoddy work ethics, I dont see how half the people there didnt quit because of it. Anyways, Im back at the Old Town Road store and am happy as can be.
Pot meet Kettle

Wallaceton, PA

#22 Sep 29, 2012
burger boy wrote:
<quoted text>Again, another fine example of shitty management. Scheduling the minimal amount of people to work during peak hours. Why should I bust my ass or give a damn about food quality or service when I have to do the jobs of 3 people, all because of "labor" and the higher ups wanting to save a few dollars. You would think, with all the "wisdon" of the higher ups, that during hours that food sales are supposed to be high, they would schedule more people to accomodate the business. I am so glad that our stor is open again. I had the misfortune of working at the I-80 store while they were rebuilding our store. It really sucked. No wonder they fired the manager from that store and her snotty little daughter. With heir holier than thou attitudes and shoddy work ethics, I dont see how half the people there didnt quit because of it. Anyways, Im back at the Old Town Road store and am happy as can be.
No matter what place you work at, especially a fast food place, they always worry about "labor" and stuff like that. As for the old manager and her daughter, they were NOT the problem of that store, because if they were, the problems would've left when they did!!! The I-80 store STILL has problems with people that work there that think they are, as you say...HOLIER THAN THOU...and they show that attitude from the time they walk into the place, until the second they leave...and yes, I am talking about the downtown GM's DAUGHTER!!!And her attitude was even worse when her mother was in the I-80 store for those 3 months!! Alot of places won't hire you if you are related to their employees in any way, but the old GM did, she gave her daughters a job, BUT she was ALOT harder on them then she was her other employees,and they worked their butss off in that place...they didn't have to put on a show for anyone to prove how good they were at their job, they just did it.
no way

Altoona, PA

#23 Sep 29, 2012
not wrote:
vicki evans spits in the food and dose not wash her hands. welfare scums to work for min wage.
Welfare people don't work.
People who can work and want to work, work for min wage. don't get confused.
abc123

Altoona, PA

#24 Sep 29, 2012
"Pot meet kettle" is right, beause even the downtown managers admitted that they can't say anything to their own bosses daughter because they will get in trouble. The daughter of the downtown GM can do whatever she wants, whenever she wants, and she knows she can get away with it. So, for anyone to say that the old GM of the interstate store played favorites, you should see what goes on there now.
Steve

Clearfield, PA

#25 Sep 29, 2012
Its still Mcdonalds, What did yo expect a five star restraunt because they built a new one.......... Same food different building!!
McDonaldsGirl

Herndon, VA

#26 Sep 30, 2012
Vicki Evans is one of the hardest workers McDonald's has. Even when she was at the I-80 store she was there as early as they needed her every morning, staying as late as they needed her every evening, and even coming in to help on her days off. She is not a welfare bum and would never do anything to anybody's food. She could be a manager right now but didn't want the position. As for being a manager's daughter, there are multiple of them working at McDonald's, but not all of them are the same. Some are showed so much FAVORITISM by their mother its laughable but then Some have alot harder time than others because so much more is expected out of them and they do twice as much work as everyone else. So, before you go running mouths, step into their shoes for a week and see how it feels.
Burger Boy

Clearfield, PA

#27 Sep 30, 2012
abc123 wrote:
"Pot meet kettle" is right, beause even the downtown managers admitted that they can't say anything to their own bosses daughter because they will get in trouble. The daughter of the downtown GM can do whatever she wants, whenever she wants, and she knows she can get away with it. So, for anyone to say that the old GM of the interstate store played favorites, you should see what goes on there now.
Obviously, you havent seen too much of the old manager and her daughter and their better than thou ways. When they were rebuilding our store, alot of times, I had to be at the I80 store at 6am. I have on numerous occasions seen the old store managers daughter come in, scheduled at 6:30 am, clock in, and then stand around for 30 minutes, in here sleezy PINK hoodie, thinking she was like gods gift to man. She would stand by the fryers, cell phone in hand, texting. Flipping her hair like she was some kind of super model (well, that she was, for Purina) Nobody else could do that without being punished. Of course the shift managers couldnt say anything about trashy girl. For if they did, the would have to suffer the wrath on kong. As for the manager herself, she was a POS! Always quick to blame everybody else for everything. But no, not her daughter... she was the most valuable employee mcds has ever had. Did no wrong. Im just glad our store is open back up!
abc123

Altoona, PA

#28 Sep 30, 2012
Not sure what planet you were living on when the downtown store was being rebuilt, and hate to burst your egotistical bubble, BUT, they weren't even there when the downtown store was being rebuilt!!! They were let go right before they split everyone from that store up!!! You may want to talk to your people and get your stories straight before you insert your foot a little deeper into your mouth!!
Customer

Altoona, PA

#29 Sep 30, 2012
Burger Boy wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously, you havent seen too much of the old manager and her daughter and their better than thou ways. When they were rebuilding our store, alot of times, I had to be at the I80 store at 6am. I have on numerous occasions seen the old store managers daughter come in, scheduled at 6:30 am, clock in, and then stand around for 30 minutes, in here sleezy PINK hoodie, thinking she was like gods gift to man. She would stand by the fryers, cell phone in hand, texting. Flipping her hair like she was some kind of super model (well, that she was, for Purina) Nobody else could do that without being punished. Of course the shift managers couldnt say anything about trashy girl. For if they did, the would have to suffer the wrath on kong. As for the manager herself, she was a POS! Always quick to blame everybody else for everything. But no, not her daughter... she was the most valuable employee mcds has ever had. Did no wrong. Im just glad our store is open back up!
Wow, talk about holding grudges. What's in the past is in the past. If those people are not there anymore, then you should worry about what is going on there still. You thought the managers that texted while working were bad, I have witnessed other things while I am there, and those people you speak of aren't even there anymore!! I think that all cells phones should be left out of the employees reach while they are working, or you end up with somthing like this: Manager(s) reach into their pocket to not only answer a text, BUT to answer their phone while working!! Some even say to other managgers "I have to take this call",OR they stand at the front drive thru window and have an arguement with someone while on their cell phone..then when they are done arguing, they go about their business like there was not a problem.
texas pete

Clearfield, PA

#31 Oct 11, 2012
_Dragon Slayer_ wrote:
If it werent for McDonalds and Walmart a lot of us wouldnt survive these hard times.
walmart shipping jobs overseas is one reason people are having a hard time.
texas pete

Clearfield, PA

#33 Oct 11, 2012
_Dragon Slayer_ wrote:
What jobs has Walmart shipped overseas stooge?
These for starters, douche.
http://walmart.3cdn.net/1ce91b89b449e68b1e_k7...
texas pete

Clearfield, PA

#35 Oct 12, 2012
_Dragon Slayer_ wrote:
Thats a bunch of Union Liberal BS.How old are you,12?Buying from overseas doesnt cut into the hundreds of thousands of jobs that Walmart supplies here in the US.
You obviously didn't bother to check the information being presented, not that it matters as you're just here for points and trolling as has pointed out by others.

Wal-Mart Pushes Huffy Downhill
1954: Huffy opens the Celina, Ohio, plant. At its peak, the plant produced 1 million bikes a year.
1998: Pressure from Wal-Mart forces Huffy to close the bicycle plant in Celina, putting 1,100
employees out of work. The jobs were moved to a nonunion factory in Missouri.
1999: Huffy, pressured to continue lowering costs, closes its last two U.S. bicycle plants—in Farmington, Mo., and Southaven, Miss. The move eliminates 600 jobs. The company contracts with factories in Mexico and China.
2001: Huffy ends its manufacturing contracts with Mexico and begins relying almost entirely on
factories in China, where Chinese workers earn only 33 cents an hour and frequently work seven
days a week.
(The Associated Press, 8/3/04; Gannett News Service, http://content.gannettonline.com/gns/jobs/ , 12/4/03)
World

United States

#36 Oct 12, 2012
Like we can convince the rest of the world to buy our products over Chinas low cost products, when we ourselves buy more from China than we do American?
Hamburgler

Clearfield, PA

#37 Oct 12, 2012
They could at least make the sandwich look like the picture,not just thrown in the box and then you have to put it together yourself. Have a little pride in your work people!
Big McHair

Clearfield, PA

#38 Nov 5, 2012
New addition to the menue, The Big McHair burger.

What ever happened to employees who make food having to wear hair nets?

Probably a good question to call and ask the health inspector.

The piss poor sevice and quality never ends.
Grimace

Altoona, PA

#39 Nov 6, 2012
Big McHair wrote:
New addition to the menue, The Big McHair burger.
What ever happened to employees who make food having to wear hair nets?
Probably a good question to call and ask the health inspector.
The piss poor sevice and quality never ends.
How about a McFur burger?
ioi

Clearfield, PA

#40 Nov 6, 2012
Cold as ice wrote:
<quoted text>No, never blamed just the interstate store. It's EVERYBODY that works at McDonalds in clearfield. Both stores have very poor service and it's directly related to the employees who don't care about their job. Any job you do should be done to the best of your ability, even if it's only making a burger and fries. I really don't believe that the employees are unable to function or are any less of a person, they just don't have any pride in their work !
I work at McDonalds and I'm a very good working I try my best and I get a lot of compliments but there is some workers that don't give a crap and they should be fired
Deep Fried Gold

Clearfield, PA

#41 Nov 12, 2012
Ive got a penchant wrote:
Does anybody know when we can expect the debut of McFunnel cakes?
Any word on the funnel cakes? I too have a penchant for the crispy fried dough! The fair only comes once a year and you're only allowed a small deep fryer up here in LPV so i can't make my own!
wow

Reynoldsville, PA

#42 Nov 12, 2012
Danielle wrote:
I just wanted through out there you trying working a store any store with say 5 crew and 1 manager. Manager is busy doing manager things paper work, dealing with a customer who is complaining just to get free food, or what have you.So, now its one counter person super busy people waiting for there orders to be takin waiting for food. back drive thru taking all the orders and taking money, front drive thru filling there own orders and getting drinks, ice cream those danm frappies and shit like that. and 2 ppl in the kitchen runnung around like crazy. Some of them only being here a week or so... they are bound to make mistake sorry not every one can do there job as perfect as you.
just wanted to see if you were drunk when typing this??? reread first sentence and then the rest of this comment...It hurt me to try and read this...
cant wait

Ephrata, PA

#43 Nov 12, 2012
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
just wanted to see if you were drunk when typing this??? reread first sentence and then the rest of this comment...It hurt me to try and read this...
Seriously, you seem like a smart guy. What can you tell me about the expected arrival of the McFunnel Cakes to the old town road McDonalds?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clearfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Karma Daily 6 hr facts 56
Cyc 12 hr Trump 1
Holtmeyer petitions court for a PCRA hearing (Jul '10) Sat Tammy Bailey 188
Flooding in town Sat justaguy 39
Clearfield Hospital (Mar '14) Jun 24 Legend 25
News Citizens Raise Concerns Over Sheriff's Voluntee... Jun 24 wrong 292
Where has the money gone for the stinky run flo... Jun 23 Pathetic Place 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clearfield Mortgages