Shawn Demko Dies From Self-Inflicted ...
amazed

Ebensburg, PA

#47 Nov 21, 2011
Beth wrote:
I am not perfect and I have my flaws, but I have not broken the law and put many lives in danger such as Mr. Demko. I completely understand the friends and family of Mr. Demko being so defensive, but they must also understand the communities frustration with the drug problem in this town.
As for many of the family and friends stating that people are being judgmental. For many of you, at your facebook posts in the past. You're judging and constantly complaining about your everday lives. If someone looks at you the wrong way, you're telling everyone "I'm nice until you piss me off!" These selfish behaviors usually lead to illegal activity such as drugs and spending every weekend in the bar while you're children live with a babysitter.
I have a young children and I know one of my biggest concerns is my children being introduced to drugs. Although I understand Mr. Demko was loved, he was also a danger to the safety of my children as well as others.
Drug dealership is a business and dealers look for new business. Who is the new business? Young adolescent kids that are far too young to realize the long-range effects of drugs and what it can do to your life.
I do believe people should be more respectful on a public forum, but when you put other people's lives in danger, you will get a backlash.
If you are so concerned about the drug problem in this town, than maybe you should take it to your counsel, and have the doctors that started him on the "medicine" that he shortly got addicted too, have them stand for all the deaths they cause buy perscribing scripts upon scripts to people. as a matter of fact a doctor was just thrown in jail because the medicine he perscribed to someone had killed them. yes and you may say well they tell you how to take it and thats your fault for not following it correctly. well does it every accure to you that even a little anxiety medicine that you need to take daily causes with drawl. you can sit and complain how unsafe the streets are and how your so scared of the children that may be the next victim to drugs, but what can i ask are you doing to clean the streets up? a good parent teaches their kid right from wrong and KNOWS they taught their child to always do the right thing. and those parents are the ones who unlike you dont worry about if their kids may fall into the spell that drugs have.
Duh

Barberton, OH

#48 Nov 21, 2011
The haters here are abundant, ruthless and down right nasty...probably not an ounce of integrity in their souls..that is, if they have a soul...I doubt that they have holy spirit in their soul.... Haters are satan s little breeders.
Beth

Hollidaysburg, PA

#49 Nov 21, 2011
lol...you are all over the place! You start by saying that I don't understand that someone was basically manipulated by their doctor and became addicted to a drug. Even calling a doctor a murderer. Then you attack me for not creating an environment for my children to grow up?

You claim when I fail it's my fault, but when it's someone you know, it's a doctor or someone with "power's" fault. Obviously you are looking to blame someone for your own failures. What exactly are you defending?
Smoking Gun

Clearfield, PA

#50 Nov 21, 2011
Duh wrote:
The haters here are abundant, ruthless and down right nasty...probably not an ounce of integrity in their souls..that is, if they have a soul...I doubt that they have holy spirit in their soul.... Haters are satan s little breeders.
No, not everyone lives in a phantasmagoric state. I don't think the 'haters' are the majority but the realists are.

As for attaching any form of Christianity making opinions the only comments you consider valid, well, in a populated world of 7 billion strong, less than 1 billion believe, let alone practice, some form of Christianity. Your view is somewhat skewed and narrowed.

By your religious overtones, Shawn must be in Hell surrounded by scorching flames and boiling oil. After all, how do you ask for God's forgiveness after you pull the trigger on the ultimate sin?

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own, you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body" (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).

Is there a workaround for this?
Laurie

Mount Wolf, PA

#51 Nov 21, 2011
Regardless of what you have to say, learn to spell.
Gunsmoke wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a fat kid in school and being picked on it for my CHOICE of being lazy and over eating the same can be said about anerexia, don't let what people think of you bother you.
No my kids are not perfect and they know what drugs do to a family, so I pray that they will be smarter than that and CHOOSE not to do drugs, and if they would be in a possition where they need me or my wife to come and get them, they know they can call, no questions asked no retaliation.
Yes the doctors are to blame in some cases, but then again you have the CHOICE to say no to meds or say yes to meds and take them responsible.
I had the CHOICE to take pain meds when I ruptured my calf mustle, I CHOSE not to take meds, I did what my physical theropist prescribed, painfully and slowly I regained my strength in that leg and at time the pain level was 10+ but I didn't want that crap in my system.
Your last sentence says it all HE made bad CHOICES, no one else but him!!
Karen

Clearfield, PA

#52 Nov 22, 2011
Another dead POS junkie! Who cares? He chose his lifestyle. Had his family really cared about him, they would have made sure he got the help he needed. You do the crime, you do the time. You do drugs. You sell drugs. You rob stores. That was his choice. Nobody forced him into his lifestyle. So, he got the sentence he was destined for. Let him rot in hell.
Kraven

Aliquippa, PA

#53 Nov 22, 2011
I wonder how many of you people would have said your not so kind words to his face. I think most of you people are scared of your own shadow. Talking down on others with negativity isn't helping you or anyone else for that matter. If everyone is so concerned about the drug problem in the area why not take some time and call the chief of police and explain how scared you are. Obviously if they can send 40 police cars, personnel and tanks to his home, they are more worried about wasting your tax money instead of fighting a drug problem. Maybe turn that hate into love, go volunteer and help someone in need and make a difference instead of wasting your life on here complaining about it
Duh

Barberton, OH

#54 Nov 22, 2011
Smoking Gun wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not everyone lives in a phantasmagoric state. I don't think the 'haters' are the majority but the realists are.
As for attaching any form of Christianity making opinions the only comments you consider valid, well, in a populated world of 7 billion strong, less than 1 billion believe, let alone practice, some form of Christianity. Your view is somewhat skewed and narrowed.
By your religious overtones, Shawn must be in Hell surrounded by scorching flames and boiling oil. After all, how do you ask for God's forgiveness after you pull the trigger on the ultimate sin?
"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own, you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body" (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).
Is there a workaround for this?
Hater. Dont ask me about your reacharound tactics in the shower, satan.
Shaun

Clearfield, PA

#55 Nov 22, 2011
Kraven wrote:
I wonder how many of you people would have said your not so kind words to his face. I think most of you people are scared of your own shadow. Talking down on others with negativity isn't helping you or anyone else for that matter. If everyone is so concerned about the drug problem in the area why not take some time and call the chief of police and explain how scared you are. Obviously if they can send 40 police cars, personnel and tanks to his home, they are more worried about wasting your tax money instead of fighting a drug problem. Maybe turn that hate into love, go volunteer and help someone in need and make a difference instead of wasting your life on here complaining about it
Alot of people wouldnt even talk to him. Unless they were buying drugs from him. Who is talking down on negativity? Most of the stuff posted on here about him is true! He was a worthless POS. A drug addict. A criminal. Its just to bad and sad he had to die so peacefully!
Duh

Barberton, OH

#56 Nov 22, 2011
Shaun wrote:
<quoted text>Alot of people wouldnt even talk to him. Unless they were buying drugs from him. Who is talking down on negativity? Most of the stuff posted on here about him is true! He was a worthless POS. A drug addict. A criminal. Its just to bad and sad he had to die so peacefully!
What's your name? Kellz? I will do a write up when you die, slut
Christian Mother

Burr Hill, VA

#57 Nov 22, 2011
I knew Shawn personally and know why he was using pain killers. I hope you never have an accident and have to use medication to relieve the pain.

I do agree that suicide is a selfish act, but until you have been in someone else's shoes, you should not point fingers.

I have a son who was addicted to drugs but with the prayers of friends and family, he is doing great now. He thanks me almost daily for loving him and always being there for him.

I will pray for those of you who are unforgiving, unloving and without understanding.
Pebbles

Clearfield, PA

#58 Nov 22, 2011
I totally agree wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree. IF he was the one who did the robbery, he chose to terrorize other human beings. He had no heart when he pointed that gun. I feel bad for his parents. He made his choice when he took that drug for the very first time. He signed his own death certificate. Others shouldn't have to pay for it. The problem with society is we are too forgiving.
Here's the problem with uninformed, jump-the-gun, "wish I had a clue" idiots, such as yourself; Shawn's parents are both deceased. Since you obviously don't know your ass from a hole in the ground OR anything about Shawn and his situation, perhaps it would be to your advantage to shut up, stop making a fool of yourself and find a job or get a hobby. Maybe take a class at the tech school. Better yet, get an etiquette book from the library and learn some manners!
By the way, that big word - etiquette - can be found in the dictionary...look it up.
Bam Bam

Clearfield, PA

#59 Nov 22, 2011
Pebbles wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the problem with uninformed, jump-the-gun, "wish I had a clue" idiots, such as yourself; Shawn's parents are both deceased. Since you obviously don't know your ass from a hole in the ground OR anything about Shawn and his situation, perhaps it would be to your advantage to shut up, stop making a fool of yourself and find a job or get a hobby. Maybe take a class at the tech school. Better yet, get an etiquette book from the library and learn some manners!
By the way, that big word - etiquette - can be found in the dictionary...look it up.
Etiquette? Like saying please and thank you when you're holding up a pharmacy and others are fearing for their lives?
Pebbles

Clearfield, PA

#60 Nov 22, 2011
Demko wrote:
Why dont you people who have nothing nice to say please keep your negative comments to yourself. Also the people who don't know what really happened please also keep your comments to yourself. I am one of Shawn's family members and would like for you to realize that Shawn was a human being like we all are. Some people get lost along the way and do some things they regret and make mistakes. But we love them just the same because they are family. And then when you least expect it they take the way out that they see fit. Sometimes it's not the way you want like in this situation. He was someone's brother,uncle,husband,father,s tep father ect. Those of us who knew him knew what a wonderful man he was and how he would do anything for you. So please realize that you are bad talking someone's family member and regardless of the choices that were made we still continue to love him as we always have. Shawn you were a great man and we still love you and always will. You will be forever in our hearts and souls!
You have my deepest sympathy. The agony that your family has endured over the last few months is unimaginable. My thoughts are with you and yours...
Pebbles

Clearfield, PA

#61 Nov 22, 2011
Bam Bam wrote:
<quoted text>
Etiquette? Like saying please and thank you when you're holding up a pharmacy and others are fearing for their lives?
Precisely! Did you learn anything else from that big, scary book???
I ran across this cesspool of garbage, namely Topix, while looking for an obit for Shawn. I saw the idiotic comments from the inbred population of this area and morbidly had to keep looking!! You know, it's like having to slow down at an accident scene. You just confirm the theory that stupid people should not breed!
Mary

Clearfield, PA

#62 Nov 22, 2011
truth wrote:
main won may be right,, i live on same street.. the cops WERE firing rounds into his home to "scare him out" trhen all the sudden they call it a suicide,, no i really believe they shot him. how many times does a suicide not work out? how often does a person shoot themselves in head and live.. its very possible he did NOT take his life,, and either way.. RIP who gives shit about your life chouces, we are all just pieces of shit ourselves tryiong to make it in this world. and all the ones hating on shawn justin and anyone else.. id love to see your face the day you meet your maker. no keyboard top hide behind then..
Lets see, were the cops firing on him because he was firing at them? That sounds logical. Usually the way it happens. But when it all comes down to it, who gives a rats ass? Another dead junkie criminal POS off the streets. His addiction. His criminal behavior. His death. All his choices. Not yours. Not mine. Not the law enforcement involved, not societies. It was his stupid ass that made these stupid choices.. He paid the ultimate price.
Help

Sunbury, OH

#63 Nov 22, 2011
Pebbles wrote:
<quoted text>
I ran across this cesspool of garbage, namely Topix, while looking for an obit for Shawn. I saw the idiotic comments from the inbred population of this area and morbidly had to keep looking!! You know, it's like having to slow down at an accident scene. You just confirm the theory that stupid people should not breed!
Best response ever. I cant stop laughing. Great comeback!!!
Bethany

Clearfield, PA

#64 Nov 22, 2011
Help wrote:
<quoted text> Best response ever. I cant stop laughing. Great comeback!!!
Another retared comeback from a crackhead. It must be really hard, having to deal with losing your drug dealer. Guess you will have to find another one. Try Marys. Hes dead. Who cares? He made his own decision to be a loser.
Bam Bam

Clearfield, PA

#65 Nov 22, 2011
Pebbles wrote:
<quoted text>
Or barricade themselves in a house.
Victory

United States

#67 Nov 22, 2011
There were two others that robbed the pharmacy who were they? I am sure many know and need to speak before they rob again and possibly kill someone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clearfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
laws on mandatory overtime for cna 's (Dec '11) 2 hr CNA 94
What is the best bar around here? (Nov '11) 2 hr CNA 51
Watch the Riverwalk plans come to a screaming h... 2 hr big secret 39
Robart Gavlock (Feb '13) 9 hr Toneloc 7
Skippy has DA Bill Shaw women beating thread er... 14 hr Facts 5
Busters (Aug '11) Mon AmyD 169
National security advisor resigns Mon Ignorance 26

Clearfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance