Corner of Clearfield and W 5th Ave

Posted in the Clearfield Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Taxpayer

Uniontown, PA

#1 Sep 21, 2009
How long are the residents of this area going to have to look at this trashy home before something is done about it? Now there is an old, beat up Ford Explorer in the side yard. Where the heck is code enforcement? I know lots of properties have been reported but they still lokk the same months (even years) later.
The old doctors building on the corner of Turnpike and Martin St. that's now a massage therapy clinic, is someone living in there too? Now there is a shed in the parking lot and a dog tied up out back, that looks real nice. It's turning into yet another eyesore that code enforcement will turn a blind eye to.
This town is starting to look like some third world country.
resident

Northern Cambria, PA

#2 Sep 22, 2009
Taxpayer wrote:
How long are the residents of this area going to have to look at this trashy home before something is done about it? Now there is an old, beat up Ford Explorer in the side yard. Where the heck is code enforcement? I know lots of properties have been reported but they still lokk the same months (even years) later.
The old doctors building on the corner of Turnpike and Martin St. that's now a massage therapy clinic, is someone living in there too? Now there is a shed in the parking lot and a dog tied up out back, that looks real nice. It's turning into yet another eyesore that code enforcement will turn a blind eye to.
This town is starting to look like some third world country.
Thats is what happens when the "buddy system" is used to hire people. We need to look at and evaluate who we have as "leaders" in Clearfield borough.
What else is new

Altoona, PA

#3 Sep 22, 2009
resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats is what happens when the "buddy system" is used to hire people. We need to look at and evaluate who we have as "leaders" in Clearfield borough.
>

Clearfield IS a third world country. Nothing but a bunch of stuck up hypocrites
West Side Resident

Clearfield, PA

#4 Sep 23, 2009
If you think that house is bad try living next door to the one on Fifth Street. The owner lives in Florida and has been cited and has done nothing about it. The grass was only mowed once this summer, the front porch is falling in, the fence is falling down and you should see the amount of funiture under the back deck. I couldn't sell my house if I wanted to, who would want to live next to this dump!!!!!
Taxpayer

Uniontown, PA

#5 Sep 23, 2009
What does being cited do? Are they given so many days and then fined or are they given so many days and then "threatened" with a fine? Maybe Code Enforcement should change their name to Code Suggestions.

“TOPIX is propoganda”

Since: Jul 09

lala land

#6 Sep 24, 2009
Go after these landlords that demand rent but dont put a dime into the houses they rent out. I agree with What Else Is New, You cant swing a dead cat in Clearfield without hitting hypocrites, And most often its the landlords, not the tenents.
West Side Resident

Frenchville, PA

#7 Sep 26, 2009
METALMAN9 wrote:
Go after these landlords that demand rent but dont put a dime into the houses they rent out. I agree with What Else Is New, You cant swing a dead cat in Clearfield without hitting hypocrites, And most often its the landlords, not the tenents.
From what I was told she was cited and informed that she is not allowed to rent it out again till the house if brought up to code. Do you actually think she is going to fork out the money to fix the place? She is an elderly widow living in Florida and still owes money on the dump, why would she want to put anymore in to it. It wasn't to long ago boro council was going to make landlords have their rental properties inspected but a few local landlords (some who don't even pay their property taxes) had a fit about it and it was dropped. If they want to stop having these condemed looking properities around then they need to quit protecting these slum lords and start helping the people of this community who pay their taxes and take care of their properties!!
Rancor

State College, PA

#8 Sep 26, 2009
West Side Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I was told she was cited and informed that she is not allowed to rent it out again till the house if brought up to code. Do you actually think she is going to fork out the money to fix the place? She is an elderly widow living in Florida and still owes money on the dump, why would she want to put anymore in to it. It wasn't to long ago boro council was going to make landlords have their rental properties inspected but a few local landlords (some who don't even pay their property taxes) had a fit about it and it was dropped. If they want to stop having these condemed looking properities around then they need to quit protecting these slum lords and start helping the people of this community who pay their taxes and take care of their properties!!
>
F### off loser !!!!!!No one in jerk field is deserving of consideration because you are all a bunch of hypocrites and back biting scab puss.
Go run one up your dead grammas poop chute and do Gretchens little bro too
hey dumbass

Myerstown, PA

#9 Sep 29, 2009
West Side Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of landlords ARE NOT slumlords, why would those that have done a good job maintaining their rentals be punsihed with inspection fees because of a few idiots?

Besides, this was another bullshit ploy to get more money and fund another salary of an inside political idiot who can't keep his/her own business afloat.

What the borough could have done was offered some sort of servie to landlords in return for the extra inspection fees. Like a database of bad tenants that either had police, drug, or violent activity or didn't pay tthe rent. This would help landlords choose the right tenants. Landlords could charge an application fee to get a renter's clearance from the borough, which would cover the cost of the inspection fee and administrative operations of the database. This is how it is done in many places throughout the country.

Instead the borough couldn't expand thier thinking and just wanted to punish landlords for doing business and slap on unneccessary fees to those owners that are doing a good job. Just keep increasing taxes and slapping on fees instead of providing a service that would actually alleviate the problem. That's typical Clearfield Borough logic.
clearfielder

Altoona, PA

#10 Oct 1, 2009
Did you ever look at those palaces on the corner of clfd & turnpike? This is just plan laziness!!
HeHe

Williamsburg, PA

#11 Oct 1, 2009
"Plan " laziness? Too lazy to type in the "i"?
Taxpayer

Uniontown, PA

#13 Oct 2, 2009
HeHe wrote:
"Plan " laziness? Too lazy to type in the "i"?
That's pretty good coming from the person who wrote "cueerfield."
HeHe

Williamsburg, PA

#14 Oct 2, 2009
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pretty good coming from the person who wrote "cueerfield."
>

I only did that because they would not print it with a "q"..........duh
Taxpayer

Uniontown, PA

#15 Oct 2, 2009
HeHe wrote:
<quoted text>>
I only did that because they would not print it with a "q"..........duh
Who is "they?" Don't blame others for your stupidity or make up stories.

Queerfield. See you're full of bullshit...as usual.
HaHa

Clearfield, PA

#16 Oct 2, 2009
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is "they?" Don't blame others for your stupidity or make up stories.
This is the best post I've seen on here in a long time. Someone needs to shut this low life up.
HoHo

Williamsburg, PA

#17 Oct 2, 2009
HaHa wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the best post I've seen on here in a long time. Someone needs to shut this low life up.
>

Come and get me you hypocrite pig
UHAUL

Myerstown, PA

#18 Oct 2, 2009
HoHo wrote:
<quoted text>>
You both are doing a fantastic job of displaying Clearfield's native mentality.

And you're back to spelling-correction arguments?

Obsessive stupidity and the constant unleashing of meaningless insults is just as bad as ShawBeatsWomen schmuck that dominates every discussion.

lol

I'm losing interest. There's no productive or rational debate here anymore.

blah
Taxpayer

Uniontown, PA

#19 Oct 2, 2009
UHAUL wrote:
<quoted text>

I'm losing interest. There's no productive or rational debate here anymore.
blah
Oh, then point me to the fascinating discussions you've started...
Knumbnuts

Williamsburg, PA

#20 Oct 2, 2009
Yea ShawBeatsWomen dickhead
UHAUL

Myerstown, PA

#21 Oct 2, 2009
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
????

It's not the topic of the discussions that bore me; it's the ridiculous statements that have nothing to do with the discussion because most of you thrive on negative conflict and are unable to engage in productive debate. For example, dumbass:

Someone needs to shut this low life up.

Too lazy to type in the "i"?

"What do Clearfield cops and Wal Mart have in commmon?"

Don't blame others for your stupidity or make up stories.

Great job, Taxpayer and Pillar of the community. Like I've said, you're an idiot. Why don't you go chase some feral pussies and give up blogging for awhile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clearfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Another Bill Shaw thread about his woman beatin... 46 min Reality 5
Clearfield Municipal Authority 15 hr Tired of paying f... 1
$7.70 a Pack Tue Uncle tax 9
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) Mon Princess Hey 1,084
State Trooper that assaulted his wife in golden... Jul 25 Latecomer 4
News Two Clearfield County officers charged over kni... (Feb '08) Jul 25 Puppett law 265
There's Still Time Jul 25 Drumroll 4

Clearfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clearfield Mortgages