First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Sophia

Columbus, OH

#1 Apr 24, 2011
Just our personal opinions and experiences.
LOWES LOWES LOWES!!!
Upon entering this establishment you're "welcomed" by MANY of the sour puss's right there at the "customer service"
desk! God forbid if you need to go to the desk and ask for help or return an item. We've never come across so many twisted faces and rudeness!
Not to mention through out the store. Granted there are a handful of great people as any where else but unfortunately there is way to much ignorance for us to even want to shop there. It may be a bit of a drive to dubois or to other lowes locations but well worth the service and gas expence to not deal with Clearfield Lowes and its many ignorant and rude employees who rearely have any real knowledge of there products! I'm always amazed at how and when there is someone around and they ask if they can help you and when you tell them what you need or throw a few questions at them they "can't" help. Why bother to ask? The nest time any of you are in there a d you are asked if you need help? Save your time and ask if you can help THEM! LOL
Sheetz west side. The younger employees seem to posess better attitudes and customer service but the older ones are horribly rude!
Walmart-(second worst to Lowes)
Door greeters. Nothing like getting paid to just stand there! Some of the greeters look right at you while you walk in and will not say a word nor even acknowledge a hello from the customer. My spouse and I have both witnessed this on many occassions.
As far as the other employees go it appears as though when giving some people a little higher responsibility such as a CSM the "courteous customer service skills" rapidly decline!
Ie; Debbie I think is her name with grey hair?(Owns the herb store in town)
Could she look anymore pist at the world? Same with a younger girl that I believe to be a CSM (kind of heavy set with acne) with dark hair. My gosh! She has quite the attitude and twisted face syndrome as well.
Other employee is a heavy set woman named Char?(Cashier named Charlene) no sense of even "trying" to be nice to that woman at all she is just plain rude!
The rest of the people seem to be very nice and helpful.
As far as the other local establishments go everyone seems to be great. No other complaints. These were our own personal experiences as well as what we have witnessed.
nameeman

Clearfield, PA

#2 Apr 24, 2011
I hope you try scrubbing that big 'L' off your forehead until you bleed profusely.
ISWHATITIS

Altoona, PA

#3 Apr 24, 2011
Just my personal opinion and experience " Clearfield LOWES" I had my kitchen completely remodeled by them 2 years ago. The associates who helped plan and design my kitchen (floor plan, cupboards, counter tops, appliances, lighting, etc.) were exceptional. No detail was overlooked. I even received several phone calls while the remodel was being done to check on my satisfaction. I also received one a few months after the job was completed. I try to keep my purchases as local as I can, and I can tell you I am still happy with this decision. I have no affiliation with Lowes or any of the employees there.
sophia

Canton, OH

#4 Apr 24, 2011
Note**** I spoke of PERSONAL EXPERIENCES and stated the departments we specifically had issues with. This is what the topic was. End of story.
Andy Sage

Philipsburg, PA

#5 Apr 25, 2011
sophia wrote:
Note**** I spoke of PERSONAL EXPERIENCES and stated the departments we specifically had issues with. This is what the topic was. End of story.
Sorry but I disagree. I think the Clearfield Lowes is amazing! I have NEVER had an issue finding someone to help me. Every employee that I walk by greets me and most ask if I need any help. They are knowledgable and professional.

I think you may have mistakenly been referring to Clearfield Walmart they are relatively close in proximity and I could see how you could easily mistake the two.
Joyce

Port Matilda, PA

#6 Apr 25, 2011
Of course you have a right to disagree. That is your choice but, I stated experiences and clearly specified Walmart being second after Lowes as well as clearly stated OUR EXPERIENCES so kindly, don't try and put words in my mouth nor insult my intelligence please. Also, you definitely sound like you are a Lowes employee.
grgirl

Mount Vernon, OH

#7 Apr 27, 2011
Sophia wrote:
LOWES LOWES LOWES!!!
Upon entering this establishment you're "welcomed" by MANY of the sour puss's right there at the "customer service"
desk! God forbid if you need to go to the desk and ask for help or return an item. We've never come across so many twisted faces and rudeness!
Not to mention through out the store. Granted there are a handful of great people as any where else but unfortunately there is way to much ignorance for us to even want to shop there. It may be a bit of a drive to dubois or to other lowes locations but well worth the service and gas expence to not deal with Clearfield Lowes and its many ignorant and rude employees who rearely have any real knowledge of there products! I'm always amazed at how and when there is someone around and they ask if they can help you and when you tell them what you need or throw a few questions at them they "can't" help. Why bother to ask? The nest time any of you are in there a d you are asked if you need help? Save your time and ask if you can help THEM! LOL
Sheetz west side. The younger employees seem to posess better attitudes and customer service but the older ones are horribly rude!
Door greeters. Nothing like getting paid to just stand there! Some of the greeters look right at you while you walk in and will not say a word nor even acknowledge a hello from the customer. My spouse and I have both witnessed this on many occassions.
As far as the other employees go it appears as though when giving some people a little higher responsibility such as a CSM the "courteous customer service skills" rapidly decline!
Could she look anymore pist at the world? Same with a younger girl that I believe to be a CSM (kind of heavy set with acne) with dark hair. My gosh! She has quite the attitude and twisted face syndrome as well.
Other employee is a heavy set woman named Char?(Cashier named Charlene) no sense of even "trying" to be nice to that woman at all she is just plain rude!
As far as the other local establishments go everyone seems to be great. No other complaints. These were our own personal experiences as well as what we have witnessed.
I hate to tell u that ur sadly mistaken about char she is one of the kindest women I have ever come across latly not her ecstatic self seeing as how she resently lost her husband due to heart attack so before you go calling out people you don't even know u might want to ask urself what is this person going through before you judge them. Im am sure ur not a freakin barrel of shits and giggles all the time either
grgirl

Mount Vernon, OH

#8 Apr 27, 2011
Sophia wrote:
LOWES LOWES LOWES!!!
u r an a**
Hates Rudeness

Millheim, PA

#9 Apr 27, 2011
I asked a Lowe's associate back in carpeting to give me an IDEA of how many square yards of carpet I would need for a 20 X 30 room that was a two story addition. The associate told me she could not do that and would have to send someone to measure and would have to charge me $25. I wanted a rough estimate, not THE estimate set in stone. How hard could it be to punch a couple numbers in a calculator??? She was rude...I left, and got ALL my floor coverings at Carpet One. I wonder if Lowe's realize that they lost approximately $8,000 that day????? Tee hee hee...still makes me laugh.
RITA SHOWER

United States

#10 Apr 28, 2011
A girl that works at this gas station out in the boonies. She is such a B**ch. She is so rude to the customers and has a bad attitude. I come through there sometimes and I hate going in there.
Hates idiots

Cumberland, MD

#11 Apr 28, 2011
Hates Rudeness wrote:
I asked a Lowe's associate back in carpeting to give me an IDEA of how many square yards of carpet I would need for a 20 X 30 room that was a two story addition. The associate told me she could not do that and would have to send someone to measure and would have to charge me $25. I wanted a rough estimate, not THE estimate set in stone. How hard could it be to punch a couple numbers in a calculator??? She was rude...I left, and got ALL my floor coverings at Carpet One. I wonder if Lowe's realize that they lost approximately $8,000 that day????? Tee hee hee...still makes me laugh.
You should have known how many square yards as soon as you measured the room. Tee hee hee...still makes me laugh how stupid people are.
Math 101

Burr Hill, VA

#12 Apr 28, 2011
Hates Rudeness wrote:
I'm sure Carpet One loved you! Probably charged you for 100 sy since you can't do math. You just blew about $3000 extra dollars, tee hee hee...
ISWHATITIS

Altoona, PA

#13 Apr 28, 2011
Hates idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have known how many square yards as soon as you measured the room. Tee hee hee...still makes me laugh how stupid people are.
I wonder if this was more of ignorance than rudeness. If you are going to work for a business, you MUST be trained to help the customers. I don't expect everyone to know everything, but a little knowledge and respect can go a long way. Maybe if people were paid more they would put more effort into their job or maybe they really don't care if they have a job or not. I really can understand shopping somewhere else if you are treated bad, but I also would speak to the manager and report what has happened or how I was treated. Sometimes you need to go above the store manager and contact the corporate office. Again, I always try to buy locally, but sometimes this isn't an option.
janelle

United States

#14 May 4, 2011
OMG Lowes- is definitely one of them and I have to say I agree 100% Sophia on all that you wrote and come on people you are definitely Lowes employees! LOL
Tards! she does as everyone have a right to their opinion! The topic is about rude employees and clearly stated her own personal opinions and experiences!!
Lowes blows

Ebensburg, PA

#15 May 5, 2011
It's terrible. You got a question, or need help, you need to go on a manhunt for the right employee for that department. If you ask the wrong person, they radio for the correct guy, which in turn takes forever to come help. I love going into any other lows I' been to, but Clearfield lowes blows
Uncle Sam isa Prick

Smethport, PA

#16 May 7, 2011
Lowes blows wrote:
It's terrible. You got a question, or need help, you need to go on a manhunt for the right employee for that department. If you ask the wrong person, they radio for the correct guy, which in turn takes forever to come help. I love going into any other lows I' been to, but Clearfield lowes blows
Just goes to show the quality of people in clearfield county....idiots....
customer

Marion, OH

#17 May 12, 2011
I too had a return the other day. Four girls stood at the return counter...when I got to the counter area they turned their back. I asked to return something and they weren't friendly at all........sorry but true.......
Uncle Sam isa Prick

Huntingdon, PA

#18 May 12, 2011
If you dumb bucket customers had a little knowledge of what you are working on and didnt expect your asses kissed every time you walk into Lowes you would have a better experiance there. Not everyone can know everything about anything so maybe you dumb asses that need to know about something should do alittle research yourself. And another thing, You dumbass husbands that send your ol-ladys in with a freaking "get me this" list SUCK! Come get the damn shit yourself, they dont know what the hell there even looking for and when you,(the one that made the list) didnt call something its correct name how the hell are the employees to get you the right thing? And another thing, you bastard customers should learn to put things back where the hell you got them from, is that so hard? no wonder people run into rude employees, they gotta pick up after your dumbasses and still smile and kiss your asses like you are the most important person in the freaking store. Bottom line is you want to get treated better, then show alittle compasion and respect.
Penncentral

Cumberland, MD

#19 May 12, 2011
Uncle Sam isa Prick wrote:
If you dumb bucket customers had a little knowledge of what you are working on and didnt expect your asses kissed every time you walk into Lowes you would have a better experiance there. Not everyone can know everything about anything so maybe you dumb asses that need to know about something should do alittle research yourself. And another thing, You dumbass husbands that send your ol-ladys in with a freaking "get me this" list SUCK! Come get the damn shit yourself, they dont know what the hell there even looking for and when you,(the one that made the list) didnt call something its correct name how the hell are the employees to get you the right thing? And another thing, you bastard customers should learn to put things back where the hell you got them from, is that so hard? no wonder people run into rude employees, they gotta pick up after your dumbasses and still smile and kiss your asses like you are the most important person in the freaking store. Bottom line is you want to get treated better, then show alittle compasion and respect.
That's what you're being paid for. Do your job and STFU.
Woah

Cumberland, MD

#20 May 12, 2011
ISWHATITIS wrote:
<quoted text> I wonder if this was more of ignorance than rudeness. If you are going to work for a business, you MUST be trained to help the customers. I don't expect everyone to know everything, but a little knowledge and respect can go a long way. Maybe if people were paid more they would put more effort into their job or maybe they really don't care if they have a job or not. I really can understand shopping somewhere else if you are treated bad, but I also would speak to the manager and report what has happened or how I was treated. Sometimes you need to go above the store manager and contact the corporate office. Again, I always try to buy locally, but sometimes this isn't an option.
WOW! Someone who actually knows the definition of the word "ignorant." Ignorant means a lack of knowledge or education. However in Clearfield, this word, which in the local vernacular is most often pronounced as "igg-nernt" has been mutated to mean "rude, discourteous, or impolite." Kudos! There really are people around here with a basic grasp of spelling and grammar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clearfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Watch the Riverwalk plans come to a screaming h... 4 hr Lol 38
Robart Gavlock (Feb '13) 4 hr Toneloc 7
Skippy has DA Bill Shaw women beating thread er... 9 hr Facts 5
Busters (Aug '11) 20 hr AmyD 169
National security advisor resigns Mon Ignorance 26
Remember Them Mon Party Hearty 8
News Pennsylvania sheriff's call for posse draws 452... (Apr '16) Feb 18 Gene MAGAS the Most 171

Clearfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clearfield Mortgages