Redden, athlete of the week

Posted in the Clearfield Forum

Studebaker

Clearfield, PA

#1 Apr 21, 2010
I don't know anything about the fieldhouse break-in other than what I read on this site (since our local media "picks and chooses" it's stories.) If any of the allegations are true, I was surprised that the Redden boy was named athlete of the week.
Another village idiot

Clearfield, PA

#2 Apr 21, 2010
Okay, I can't speak for the Progress, but the Courier-Express had a brief article about the field house incident. From what it said, the reporter attempted to speak to the school board president about the incident but was basically given the run-around.(I posted the article in another thread) Contrary to popular belief, particularly on this site, reporters can NOT print anything with out a valid source. This is not the tabloids we are talking about here. If they print something that's false, they will get the bejesus sued out of them.

Yes, they can use assumed names to protect the person coming forward, but they can NOT print rumors. If they don't have a source of some type, like a police report or something, no one will come forward, and all they get is the typical BS from the school board, what are they supposed to print?

I have no idea how they choose the athlete of the week and on what they base their decision.
abcdefghijklmnop

Duncansville, PA

#3 Apr 22, 2010
it's athlete of the week, not good citizen. they obviously don't care about being good people, ha.
Give it up already

Houston, TX

#4 Apr 22, 2010
Isn't the kid allowed to receive recognition for having a good week in baseball? No one on here ever made a mistake, I guess. I guess if you make a mistake, then you are forbidden for life to receive any type of accolades and your punishment will be that you must go to topix.com and try to bring as many people down to your misery level as possible. This site is good for my entertainment but I am sad for some of the people who are happy to see others humiliated. Life is good folks, you just need to make it happen!!!
sscamaro

Woodland, PA

#5 Apr 22, 2010
Two words regarding great athletes,
"Ben Roethlisberger".
sscamero

Clearfield, PA

#6 Apr 22, 2010
Another village idiot wrote:
Okay, I can't speak for the Progress, but the Courier-Express had a brief article about the field house incident. From what it said, the reporter attempted to speak to the school board president about the incident but was basically given the run-around.(I posted the article in another thread) Contrary to popular belief, particularly on this site, reporters can NOT print anything with out a valid source. This is not the tabloids we are talking about here. If they print something that's false, they will get the bejesus sued out of them.
Yes, they can use assumed names to protect the person coming forward, but they can NOT print rumors. If they don't have a source of some type, like a police report or something, no one will come forward, and all they get is the typical BS from the school board, what are they supposed to print?
I have no idea how they choose the athlete of the week and on what they base their decision.
You can't trust anything written by The Courier Express, especially if Kimberly Finnigan is the writer.

It is widely known that Kim Finnigan sleeps with Clearfield Police Chief Jeff Rhone, to get valuable information on cases that can be printed to help Rhone solve these cases, even though the law is being broken by doing so.

Finnigan is also famous for writing articles siting "anonymous letters" as the source of the information. Hey Courier Express, if I write you an anonymous letter saying Kim Finnigan sleeps with Jeff Rhone to get inside police information, will you print it?

Finnigan also posted links on her facebook site to one of the candidates in the mayor's race, coincidentally the candidate that was in the best interest of her sex buddy Jeff Rhone. Even Finnigan's boss, Denny Bonavita, wrote in an editorial just this past Tuesday 4/20, that "editors and reporters, even off duty, face some limits to our freedoms. One common sense example: We may not run for significant elective office or participate in partisan political campaigns.

You can't trust anything written by Kimberly Finnigan.
Another village idiot

Clearfield, PA

#7 Apr 22, 2010
You know her and Rhone personally and know this is true?
If she were sleeping with Rhone to get "inside information," then why isn't the Courier scooping the hell out The Progress, Gant Daily and all the other news media outlets in the area?
Extra Extra

Woodland, PA

#8 Apr 22, 2010
Another village idiot wrote:
You know her and Rhone personally and know this is true?
If she were sleeping with Rhone to get "inside information," then why isn't the Courier scooping the hell out The Progress, Gant Daily and all the other news media outlets in the area?
Obviously you do not read the CE, they have much more information and the balls to print it.

The Progress and Gant are nothing more than mouthpieces for their advertisers.
sscamero

Clearfield, PA

#9 Apr 23, 2010
Another village idiot wrote:
You know her and Rhone personally and know this is true?
If she were sleeping with Rhone to get "inside information," then why isn't the Courier scooping the hell out The Progress, Gant Daily and all the other news media outlets in the area?
Read post number 2, and you will see that The Courier Express prints the stuff the local rags don't. Of course, the Bison Fieldhouse incident happened in Lawrence Township, and Finnigan isn't sleeping with anyone there to the best of my knowledge.
Another village idiot

Clearfield, PA

#10 Apr 23, 2010
So because Finnigan is a half-decent reporter who actually does her job and the CE has the "balls" to print what the other "rags" and "mouth pieces for their advertisers" won' t, she's screwing Jeff Rhone? You have actual proof of this alleged relationship an not just a bunch of people running their mouths?

To the best of my knowledge, the CE was the ONLY paper that had anything about the field house incident. You actually have a paper that's printing news and not regurgitating press releases and you people start spreading rumors about them? You make no sense at all.
Whatever

Clearfield, PA

#11 Apr 23, 2010
So if we believe what you say Camaro, then you can't trust Gant Daily because Christine Dahlem is living with Greg Neeper (that IS a fact by the way, they live in that green house down the street from St. Francis Church), you can't trust Channel 10 because Erin Calandra is married to William Witmer, you can't trust WOKW because Amanda Thompson is sleeping with Scott Farrell and you can't trust The Progress because Jeff Corcino is sleeping with "Rosie Palm and her five sisters."

Thank God for Topix, otherwise we'd never get any news from anyone.
Puff the tragic dragon

Laurens, SC

#12 Apr 23, 2010
Whatever wrote:
So if we believe what you say Camaro, then you can't trust Gant Daily because Christine Dahlem is living with Greg Neeper (that IS a fact by the way, they live in that green house down the street from St. Francis Church), you can't trust Channel 10 because Erin Calandra is married to William Witmer, you can't trust WOKW because Amanda Thompson is sleeping with Scott Farrell and you can't trust The Progress because Jeff Corcino is sleeping with "Rosie Palm and her five sisters."
Thank God for Topix, otherwise we'd never get any news from anyone.
Now that's funny.
Whinerbytches

Hollidaysburg, PA

#13 Apr 24, 2010
Another village idiot wrote:
So because Finnigan is a half-decent reporter who actually does her job and the CE has the "balls" to print what the other "rags" and "mouth pieces for their advertisers" won' t, she's screwing Jeff Rhone? You have actual proof of this alleged relationship an not just a bunch of people running their mouths?
To the best of my knowledge, the CE was the ONLY paper that had anything about the field house incident. You actually have a paper that's printing news and not regurgitating press releases and you people start spreading rumors about them? You make no sense at all.
>

Finnigan is probably the best beat reporter around here.

All the usual suspects on here are either disgruntled fired employees or convicted ex cops who live with ma and can't handle the fact that they had their chance and blew it (no pun intended)
Extra Extra

Cumberland, MD

#14 Apr 24, 2010
Another village idiot wrote:
So because Finnigan is a half-decent reporter who actually does her job and the CE has the "balls" to print what the other "rags" and "mouth pieces for their advertisers" won' t, she's screwing Jeff Rhone?
Why are you mixing what I posted with what someone else posted?

My post only said they have much more information and the balls to print it. I never said it was the result of an alleged affair. Please keep things straight so those of us who are not on here spreading rumors about people aren't lumped in with those who are.

You're just as bad as the people making false accusations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clearfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Supreme Court Petition DENIED 8 hr haddahurt 1
Voters: Discuss the 2015 Election Here 11 hr Reality 85
Derek 13 hr busted 17
Why the hypocrisy? Tue Reality 20
Deputy Controller ??? (Jan '13) Mon shadyplace 9
councilman stewart Mar 2 no deadbeats refused 24
Self Storage (Apr '13) Feb 27 Wade Wilson 42
Clearfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Clearfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:07 pm PST

NFL 2:07PM
Mark Ingram among Eagles' options at running back
Bleacher Report 4:08 PM
Why Kiko Alonso Is Just What Philly Needed
Bleacher Report 7:21 PM
Mariota Should Be Eagles' Ultimate Draft Target
Bleacher Report11:21 PM
Eagles Appear Poised to Fall Victim to Free-Agent Overspending
NBC Sports 2:47 AM
Eagles to tender running back Chris Polk at $1.6 million