tractor supply wood pellets

Posted in the Clearfield Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
slightly pissed

Clearfield, PA

#1 Dec 28, 2010
Is anyone else out there having issues with the wood pellets from tractor supply? I have to clean my pellet stove out everyday and clean the glass, because it's so darkened you can barely see the fire burning and the pellets don't burn to a fine ash. No use telling the manager, he just ignores you.
localyokel

Beaver Springs, PA

#2 Dec 28, 2010
slightly pissed wrote:
Is anyone else out there having issues with the wood pellets from tractor supply? I have to clean my pellet stove out everyday and clean the glass, because it's so darkened you can barely see the fire burning and the pellets don't burn to a fine ash. No use telling the manager, he just ignores you.
>

You gotta stop mistaking the rabbit food for fuel
Andrew P Shuman

Johnstown, PA

#3 Dec 28, 2010
Yea they do that on purpose, buy junky wood pelletts for cheap and sell them back to the public for a higher price. Its a frickin racket.
clean

Martinsburg, PA

#4 Dec 28, 2010
What exactly does a clean pellet stove mean? I bet it means that the soot/smoke doesn't get in your room.
How could it be that wood pellets wouldn't make some type of soot inside your stove?
The Torch

Clearfield, PA

#5 Dec 28, 2010
slightly pissed wrote:
Perhaps your setup is creating an incorrect burn. The issue with Tractor Supplies pellets is that the bags are sitting outside. Some may argue with me, but what happens is when it snows, rains, or the weather changes, the bags condensate and the water forms on the inside. Now, we have the water inside the pellet bag, becoming absorbed by the pellets. They are not as dry as other pellets because of this fact and should never be purchased.
slightly pissed

Clearfield, PA

#6 Dec 29, 2010
localyokel wrote:
<quoted text>>
And you gotta stop being a dumbass!!!!!!!!!
slightly pissed

Clearfield, PA

#7 Dec 29, 2010
clean wrote:
What exactly does a clean pellet stove mean? I bet it means that the soot/smoke doesn't get in your room.
How could it be that wood pellets wouldn't make some type of soot inside your stove?
SHUT UP, when you have no idea what you are talking about!!
clean

Martinsburg, PA

#8 Dec 29, 2010
You are joking right?
I was just suggesting that there are companies that make all sorts of claims that are not true. They stretch the truth.
Maybe that's why the guy at tractor supply ignores you, fly off the handle too easily!
slightly pissed

Clearfield, PA

#9 Dec 29, 2010
clean wrote:
You are joking right?
I was just suggesting that there are companies that make all sorts of claims that are not true. They stretch the truth.
Maybe that's why the guy at tractor supply ignores you, fly off the handle too easily!
I'm sorry should have told you to shut up, I really thought the problem was the pellets, turns out it was the heat exchanger that need a good cleaning, it wasn't getting good air flow and causing the door glass to darken and not letting the pellets burn like they should. I understand there's soot and dirt to deal with, but you should not have to clean your stove everyday.(Sorry, but the manager @TSC is still jerk).
slightly pissed

Clearfield, PA

#10 Dec 29, 2010
clean wrote:
You are joking right?
I meant that I SHOULDN'T have told you to shut up.
Crap Pellets

Miller Place, NY

#11 Jan 25, 2013
localyokel wrote:
<quoted text>>
Such a smart response. They sell crap pellets.....saying they are cheap, but in reality they are just plain crap. Shame on Tractor Supply. Rip-Off.
Kobidog

Burr Hill, VA

#12 Jan 25, 2013
Crap Pellets wrote:
<quoted text>
Such a smart response. They sell crap pellets.....saying they are cheap, but in reality they are just plain crap. Shame on Tractor Supply. Rip-Off.
U a DUM DUM
Father Time

Mooresville, NC

#13 Jan 29, 2013
Crap Pellets wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize this thread is over 2 years old don't you ?
Ronald McDonald

Tyrone, PA

#15 Feb 19, 2013
slightly pissed wrote:
I have no problem with their wood pellets. But then again, I dont use a pellet stove. I put them in my bong. Screw that bath salt shit. Tractor Supply wood pellets are the bomb.
Observer

Coraopolis, PA

#16 Feb 20, 2013
I wanted to try a wood pellet stove bit someone convinced me they don't save time and money in the long run, but I think I'd like one.
Steve D

Harrisburg, PA

#17 Feb 21, 2013
try this site...it's useful at times...
http://www.woodpelletreviews.com/
TS and Lowes change their pellet suppliers all the time, so you have to study up on their brands. If you want to pay $250 or up, you'll get a good brand, but not for $209 like TS or Lowes sells for. You get what you pay for.
Customer

United States

#18 Mar 3, 2013
slightly pissed wrote:
I'm having trouble also!
nick danger

Stafford Springs, CT

#19 Nov 1, 2013
Ive had bad luck burning TS pellets,in a pinch I'll get 1 bag,but to buy another ton as I did 1 season,never again.....
decembersong

Brookville, PA

#20 Dec 8, 2013
We love our pellet stove and buy TS pellets. They burn hotter than other brands we have tried
decembersong

Brookville, PA

#21 Dec 8, 2013
Love the pellet stove and use TS pellets

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clearfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clean up Walnut Street Drug House Filth (Dec '11) 6 hr Take back our town 32
News Two Clearfield County officers charged over kni... (Feb '08) 6 hr Courthouse mouse 204
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 6 hr Princess Hey 1,002
Clearfield Ranked 2nd Drunkest City In PA. 6 hr Winters lemonade ... 12
The old Kmart building (Feb '12) 7 hr Nick Karth 70
News Quigley Gets State Prison for Selling Heroin May 27 Jason 18
Clearfield man drugs surprise (Apr '13) May 26 Duncanhines 38
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clearfield Mortgages