Kitty Kat

Clearfield, PA

#22 Jan 20, 2013
LoveCatsLoseBrains wrote:
<quoted text>
Rare and endangered NATIVE WILDLIFE are going extinct BECAUSE OF YOUR INVASIVE SPECIES CATS. You pathetic moron.
Google for: Scottish Wildcat Extinction, for just one recent example. The UK's ONLY native cat species is going extinct WITHIN MONTHS from now BECAUSE OF YOUR CATS. To further educate yourself, read up on all the rare wildlife that is on the brink of extinction in Australia and New Zealand from your domesticated cat species. They too are enacting "shoot on sight" policies to try to curb the devastation to our planet that MORONS like you are causing with your deadly disease spreading, wildlife destroying, invasive species VERMIN cats.
Okay. Rare and endagered wildlife are going extinct because you keep littering and throwing away hazardous waste illegally. Have you ever taken a dive into the Chesapeake? Those pop bottle holders are everywhere at the bottom. Hospitals were throwing their medical waste into the ocean for the longest time. People keep buying big trucks and dumping hazardous carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, which is causing the temperature of the planet to increase.

Don't believe it? Look at the temperature data, unless you are about to tell me science is wrong. There is a hole in the ozone layer because of the aerosol cans you are using. Thankfully, that is being taken care of by our president who believes in cleaner, safer energy. Definitely a brilliant idea, and it will save thousands of creatures that we rely on for many of the products and medicines we use worldwide.

Feral cats have been around since the beginning of time, however, your car and dirty human habits have not. When aerosol cans and other hazardous gases were not properly contained, this caused a major problem with animal species and their habitats were destroyed. The cell phone towers are destroying honey bees ability to communicate, the carbon footprint we are leaving is filling up the marshes that absorbed so much of it and melting the permafrost.

To think that removing one type of species and justifiably think it is OK because they cause another to go extinct is ludicrous, selfish, and lacks logical reasoning. Your car's exhaust kills more animals than one feral cat would in its lifetime.
salmonella

Clearfield, PA

#23 Jan 20, 2013
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
something tells me that the ones against cats are dog folks.
not realizing that dogs when feral are more of a problem than feral cats are.
Feral dogs have nothing to do with this area. If you actually lived here you would now that.
salmonella

Clearfield, PA

#24 Jan 20, 2013
Kitty Kat wrote:
<quoted text>
Your car's exhaust kills more animals than one feral cat would in its lifetime.
My car doesn't shit in my garden or spread rabies. Go hug a tree. Moonbeam.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#25 Jan 20, 2013
salmonella wrote:
<quoted text>
neither do my cats.

Minneapolis, MN

#26 Jan 20, 2013
salmonella wrote:
<quoted text>
Feral dogs have nothing to do with this area. If you actually lived here you would now that.
feral dogs have been found in all 50 states of the USA.
http://poochmaster.blogspot.com/2006/01/dange... They are wild animals, which can run in packs, and can be lethal.
feral dog packs operate on mob mentality. they have no fear and will attack.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/... Farms aren't the only place where these animals may be found. Low-income, high-crime neighborhoods in cities like Los Angeles, St. Louis, New York, Santa Fe, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland, are being overrun by tens of thousands of unwanted dogs,
http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent... Feral dogs have been documented in all 50 states and estimates of damage in the U.S. from these animals amount to >$620 million annually
part of the problem is idiot dog owners who either think it is ok to let Rover roam as he pleases. or does not properly take care of their property that the mutt gets loose. as well as those owners who dump their dogs once they stop being cute lil puppies.
as well as those who think it is ok to teach the dog to attack passerbys. and some of those dogs get loose.
Kitty Kat

Clearfield, PA

#27 Jan 20, 2013
salmonella wrote:
<quoted text>
It causes heart attacks, and a host of other problems that you and the humans around you can experience. Not to mention, the pets that people have. So selfish.

I hope every cat shits on your squash and pees on your beans until they turn brown and fall off you bean eating pea flinging squash squeezer!
ClueBat4Clueless

Chicago, IL

#28 Jan 20, 2013
Kitty Kat wrote:
<quoted text>
To think that removing one type of species and justifiably think it is OK because they cause another to go extinct is ludicrous, selfish, and lacks logical reasoning. Your car's exhaust kills more animals than one feral cat would in its lifetime.
While it is true that overpopulation of humans is the #1 problem that we and all other species face today; this doesn't excuse all the responsible, wise, and intelligent people from cleaning-up and stopping all the ecological disasters caused by those phenomenally stupid and criminally negligent people that should have never been born in the first place.(You know, people like YOU.)

Cats are a man-made (through selective breeding) invasive species. And as such, cats being a product of man's intervention, are no less of a man-made environmental disaster than any oil-spill, radiation-fallout, chemical-spill, or other environmental disaster _caused_by_man_. Cats are _not_exempt_ from being removed from every natural environment, wherever and whenever they are found away from supervised confinement. Just as you would do all you can to remove Zebra Mussels from any waterway where they don't belong. Or Burmese Pythons and African Cichlids from every habitat where they exist in N. America today. Burmese Pythons and African Cichlids started out as pets too. Many of our destructive invasive species pests started out as PETS discarded by criminally-irresponsible humans. And guess what happens to all those other non-native pets that became destructive invasive species? They are destroyed on-site by any means possible -- no questions asked -- none required.

Cats are even worse than an oil-spill of multi-continent-sized proportions. They not only kill off rare and endangered marine-mammals along all coastlines (just as all oil-spills do) from run-off from the land carrying cats' Toxoplasma gondii parasites, they also destroy the complete food-chain in every ecosystem where cats are found today. From smallest of prey that is gutted and skinned alive for cats' tortured play-toys (not even used for food, just for senseless play), up to the top predators that are starved to death from cats destroying their ONLY food sources.(Precisely what cats caused on my own land not long ago.) They don't destroy just birds. They destroy everything that moves -- directly or indirectly. They will even destroy valuable native vegetation by destroying those animals that are required pollinators for those plants or those that act as seed dispersers for those plants (as many smaller rodent and bird species do) or those that act as pest-control for those plants. Cats can and will wipe out whole ecosystems eventually -- animal and plant.

Cats need to be made to disappear from all non-native habitats -- PERMANENTLY. And the sooner the better. They are breeding out of control at an exponential rate. The reason for "the sooner the better" is that you can only hope you can halt the problem before it is beyond the reach of any method you eventually choose. Luckily, I caught the problem in time where I live (by humanely shooting and burying every last cat I spotted, collared or not, totally LEGAL). It seems nobody else is faring as well -- their time is being wasted by cat-lovers trying to stop them from doing the right thing. Asking or listening to any deranged invasive species advocate for advice on how to clean up the ecological disaster that they created and perpetuate is about as useful as asking your local career thieves for advice and help to hide your valuables from their daily motives and activities. Ignore anything they might say and you too will solve the problem where you live.

It worked 100% where I live!
truth in advertising

Clearfield, PA

#30 Jan 20, 2013
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
feral dogs have been found in all 50 states of the USA.
and? we don't have a problem around here. if you lived in this area you would know that, otherwise all your facts and links are useless.
salmonella

Clearfield, PA

#31 Jan 20, 2013
Kitty Kat wrote:
<quoted text>
It causes heart attacks, and a host of other problems that you and the humans around you can experience. Not to mention, the pets that people have. So selfish.
I hope every cat shits on your squash and pees on your beans until they turn brown and fall off you bean eating pea flinging squash squeezer!
any cat in my garden gets shot. period. go hump a tree.
poopy pants

Clearfield, PA

#32 Jan 20, 2013
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
something tells me that the ones against cats are dog folks.
not realizing that dogs when feral are more of a problem than feral cats are.
what about the feral humans around here poopin all over the place?

Minneapolis, MN

#36 Jan 23, 2013
for the idiot who marked post #25 with nuts, clueless, and spam.
obviously you ASSUME that my two boys roam outside. last time they had a chance to roam outside. was when they were living on the farm I got them from well over a year ago. when they were five months old. on Aug 2, 2010
since they came to live with my husband, daughter, & me. they have been inside the entire time. except when they are in their carriers to see the vet. like the time I took them to be neutered and chipped by MNSNAP(Minnesota Spay and Neuter Assistance Program).
just because someone has at least one or more felines. best NOT to assume that the person allows the felines to roam. there is a growing movement to educate folks on why it is best to keep felines indoors.
Ailegnas

Clearfield, PA

#37 Jan 23, 2013
Sangelia wrote:
for the idiot who marked post #25 with nuts, clueless, and spam.
obviously you ASSUME that my two boys roam outside. last time they had a chance to roam outside. was when they were living on the farm I got them from well over a year ago. when they were five months old. on Aug 2, 2010
since they came to live with my husband, daughter, & me. they have been inside the entire time. except when they are in their carriers to see the vet. like the time I took them to be neutered and chipped by MNSNAP(Minnesota Spay and Neuter Assistance Program).
just because someone has at least one or more felines. best NOT to assume that the person allows the felines to roam. there is a growing movement to educate folks on why it is best to keep felines indoors.
Best not to assume we have a feral dog problem here. This isn't Minnesota. Get it yet?
who are you kidding

Philipsburg, PA

#39 Jan 30, 2013
Feral cats should be humanely trapped - then spayed or neutered through a community based program. This cuts down on the numbers and gradually weeds out the colony.
Shooting cats IS animal abuse as they are considered a domesticated animal even in the wild. You can NOT legally shoot any animal simply because it walks onto your property.
Humanely trapping allows the people doing the capture and the animals to be subject to the least harm - then TNR thins out the numbers of new cats in the population - cats carry few, if any diseases besides rabies, that are dangerous to humans. The only other example is toxoplasma....but this is ONLY dangerous to pregnant women, and even in those cases highly unlikely to be spread.

If you own cats, KEEP them indoors for their own safety and the safety of wildlife. The people showing links on the best ammo to kill cats...well, you are just ignorant gun happy fools, and I won't waste my breath talking to you...you probably shoot LOTS of animals for sport, and these cats, who NEVER asked to be in the position they are in, is just one more thing you idiots would like to shoot at - PEOPLE created the feral cat issue - NOT the cats...that is sick, but that is another story altogether.
TNR works :)
one shot

Clearfield, PA

#40 Jan 30, 2013
Cats kill up to 3.7 Billion birds a year. Gun happy has nothing to do with it.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

Cats Pass Disease to Wildlife, Even in Remote Areas

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/05/...
Not a womens right

Clearfield, PA

#41 Jan 31, 2013
Kitty Kat wrote:
Very illegal to kill an innocent animal. Threatening? Yeah, a tiny cat can be so threatening! Yet, you people probably agree that abortion is wrong. Killing an animal, that's okay in your books. It's okay that some animals are going extinct. Not a big deal at all, who cares, it's not us.
Selfish.
You are a pathetic sick speciman.

Minneapolis, MN

#42 Jan 31, 2013
who are you kidding wrote:
Feral cats should be humanely trapped - then spayed or neutered through a community based program. This cuts down on the numbers and gradually weeds out the colony.
Shooting cats IS animal abuse as they are considered a domesticated animal even in the wild. You can NOT legally shoot any animal simply because it walks onto your property.
Humanely trapping allows the people doing the capture and the animals to be subject to the least harm - then TNR thins out the numbers of new cats in the population - cats carry few, if any diseases besides rabies, that are dangerous to humans. The only other example is toxoplasma....but this is ONLY dangerous to pregnant women, and even in those cases highly unlikely to be spread.
If you own cats, KEEP them indoors for their own safety and the safety of wildlife. The people showing links on the best ammo to kill cats...well, you are just ignorant gun happy fools, and I won't waste my breath talking to you...you probably shoot LOTS of animals for sport, and these cats, who NEVER asked to be in the position they are in, is just one more thing you idiots would like to shoot at - PEOPLE created the feral cat issue - NOT the cats...that is sick, but that is another story altogether.
TNR works :)
that is what I do with my two boys. if they need to be outside. and it is only for trips to the vet. I have them in carriers.
they were farm ferals who were only 5 months old at the time I got them(Aug 2, 2011). only thing they had wrong with them was a case of tapeworm. easily dealt with. had them snipped and chipped last Feb on Valentine's Day. their collars sport purple hearts.
meow

Clearfield, PA

#43 Jan 31, 2013
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
that is what I do with my two boys. if they need to be outside. and it is only for trips to the vet. I have them in carriers.
they were farm ferals who were only 5 months old at the time I got them(Aug 2, 2011). only thing they had wrong with them was a case of tapeworm. easily dealt with. had them snipped and chipped last Feb on Valentine's Day. their collars sport purple hearts.
You smell like cat shit.
Chi Meou

Burr Hill, VA

#44 Jan 31, 2013
They not good as home grown.

Minneapolis, MN

#45 Jan 31, 2013
meow wrote:
<quoted text>
You smell like cat shit.
lil hard for me to do so. since I'm not the one in the house here who takes care of the litterboxes.
not with me being disabled with a bad back.
loopy liberal

Clearfield, PA

#46 Jan 31, 2013
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
lil hard for me to do so. since I'm not the one in the house here who takes care of the litterboxes.
not with me being disabled with a bad back.
everyone has a bad back. no wonder you have so much time to troll the internet. let me guess, you're on SSI?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clearfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Another food poisoning case reported at Race St... 48 min Ironic 20
Borough/Township consolidation vote TONIGHT 2 hr Voter 6
County Seat DuBois 5 hr FixedUp 4
News Cops' lawsuit vs. cent. Pa Da dismissed (Mar '09) 16 hr Fact 50
Above and beyond the law Wed InDAknow 24
News Two Clearfield County officers charged over kni... (Feb '08) Wed Uncle Fat 391
Karate school (Apr '13) Jan 17 Tang_soo_dont 26

Clearfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clearfield Mortgages