|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

rowlezatron wrote:
If I remember correctly, you can buy tickets in advance for admission only for five dollars. Also included in the eight dollar admission is a ride pass.
That's correct. However the problem is that the $5 pass, is indeed, "advanced"; it's NOT offered the week of the fair. This NEEDS changed immediately. Most people don't even know about the advanced passes let alone want to take a chance on buying them then having something come up where they would not be able to go. A lot of folks just go to fairs on a whim without putting a whole lot of research or planning into it and they shouldn't be penalized for that. 99% of everyone that attends a particular fair are walk-up sales and they should be offered a choice when they walk up to the gate whether they want to ride or not. It's no different than when they get into the fair, they have the choice of whether they want to buy a cheese steak, play games, go see a show, or just do nothing.

On the other hand,$8 is a fantastic deal if you're there to ride (in fact it's almost absurdly cheap)- but absolutely no one should have it forced on them. The person who does their FB page would have you believe that offering a choice at the gate would lead to bigger lines and cause confusion. But anyone with any sense knows that's a load of BS because several other fairs and carnivals do it and it runs very smooth. It actually would cut down on the confusion (which there's a lot of now) and also boost their attendance. The only thing that would need worked out is what the 2 different prices would be for a walk around pass (which should be around $4 or $5) vs. the admission fee that included rides (which should actually be around $12 -$15), and what the money split between the board and the ride company would be.
donot go

Curwensville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Bigger and better wrote:
Wonder what day will be crowded during the fair. With this years prices, most of the people living in this area will only be able to afford one day.
Well if most people would stop drinking so much, eating out so much, buying crap, smoking, taking drugs won't work, then don't go.
If you can't afford to go, DO NOT GO!
It's not a requirement that you show up to the fair.
It's not a requirement that the fair prices be low for you or those who can't find the money to go.
myown2eyes

State College, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

So if I go and help the days before the fair for 12 hours , and then a additional 3 hours i get free entrance and free parking ? Is this for the week or a day ? Either way that is well below min. wage .
filthy rich

Clarion, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

myown2eyes wrote:
So if I go and help the days before the fair for 12 hours , and then a additional 3 hours i get free entrance and free parking ? Is this for the week or a day ? Either way that is well below min. wage .
yo dumbass, read post 84
post 87

Curwensville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

filthy rich wrote:
<quoted text>yo dumbass, read post 84
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
myown2eyes

Beaver, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Filthy rich your post is # 84 you mentally challenged re-re .Maybe you can help out n lick some windows clean for them .
fair or no fair

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

"We do not offer options at the gate fair week as it causes confusion and longer wait lines in to the park. Also please note that a portion of the gate fee goes to Reithoffer Amusements to compensate them for their services."

seems like those who dont ride are partially paying for those that do.
Bitchel Mrenda

Altoona, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

That's more or less the gist of it.

Like I said in my post above: 2 admission options should be made available at the gate; 1 that includes rides and 1 that does not. The quote from the fair FB page is total nonsense except for the part about compensation going to the carnival. But that can easily be re-worked to better serve the people
filthy rich

Elizabeth, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

myown2eyes wrote:
Filthy rich your post is # 84 you mentally challenged re-re .Maybe you can help out n lick some windows clean for them .
sorry chump, but 84 is not my post. keep trying.
giveitup

State College, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Something needs to change . Is it a one person power trip , or a few people power struggle ?
Even take the car show this year . Turn out was down . We where told whoever the woman is in charge needs everything her way . Very little advertising was done for it . Just a big focus on the 5k which must be this womans personal feather in the hat type of thing .
Car Guy

Sardis, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

giveitup wrote:
Something needs to change . Is it a one person power trip , or a few people power struggle ?
Even take the car show this year . Turn out was down . We where told whoever the woman is in charge needs everything her way . Very little advertising was done for it . Just a big focus on the 5k which must be this womans personal feather in the hat type of thing .
The real car show is always in August.
WIllie

Venetia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

I for one hope that the Board raises the prices to at least double of what they are now. Lets weed out the cheap skates that are just there kill time between welfare payments.
pajama pants ninja

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

WIllie wrote:
I for one hope that the Board raises the prices to at least double of what they are now. Lets weed out the cheap skates that are just there kill time between welfare payments.
Those are the only people who can afford to go as they don't have bills like the rest of us.
Car Guy Too

Irwin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

I know there is usually a car show in august . The Fair Queen held one last year in June that was outstanding . They tried again this year , but it was not so hot . Mainly because of one women higher up that was unwilling to listen to others who know a little something about car shows . It is true all her focus was on 60 some 5k people you have to buy fruit snacks , drinks , and shirts for before you can see a profit .
second

Beaver, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

I agree
The prisoner

Altoona, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Interesting, pay money to get in so you can spend more money. Barnum said it best... A sucker born every minute
Cardiff Giant

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

The prisoner wrote:
Interesting, pay money to get in so you can spend more money. Barnum said it best... A sucker born every minute
Barnum never said that, banker David Hannum did.
Jimbo Wales

Curwensville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Cardiff Giant wrote:
<quoted text>
Barnum never said that, banker David Hannum did.
Truth is, there is no conclusive proof who actually created the phrase and of the several claims of origination, it's Barnum's legacy by default until the end of time.
Cardiff Giant

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Jimbo Wales wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is, there is no conclusive proof who actually created the phrase and of the several claims of origination, it's Barnum's legacy by default until the end of time.
Only to ignorant people.
forum creed

Curwensville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Cardiff Giant wrote:
<quoted text>
Only to ignorant people.
Only ignorant people hijack threads. Stay on topic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of109
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Clearfield Forum right now

Search the Clearfield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 13 min D Cheney 51,328
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 1 hr coffeebagger 3,518
Bison Prom 11 hr Wow 25
Anyone know of any good Easter Egg Hunts tomorrow? (Mar '13) 18 hr big daddy 9
Butler Chevrolet Building 19 hr Easter Bunny 21
The 154th Clearfield County Fair 21 hr gonesville 35
Brett Middleton 8-16 years in state pen Fri Country Mama 11
•••
•••
•••
•••

Clearfield Jobs

•••
•••