First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Bigger and better

Patton, PA

#1 Jul 27, 2010
Wonder what day will be crowded during the fair. With this years prices, most of the people living in this area will only be able to afford one day.
Karnie

Clearfield, PA

#2 Jul 27, 2010
Most of the people living in this area will be there multiple days after getting their assistance checks. They will spend all their money at the fair, then they won't have any left for food so they'll be hitting the food bank and the Salvation Army for back-to-school clothes for the kids.
Anger Management

Gwynn Oak, MD

#3 Jul 27, 2010
There is one thing to do in that piece of shit town for one week out of the year. I think you could splurge for a few dollars to go see all the excitement.

I mean for the other 51 weeks of the year what exactly do you blow your "entertainment" budget on in Clearfield??
eddie

Clearfield, PA

#4 Jul 27, 2010
Anger Management wrote:
There is one thing to do in that piece of shit town for one week out of the year. I think you could splurge for a few dollars to go see all the excitement.
I mean for the other 51 weeks of the year what exactly do you blow your "entertainment" budget on in Clearfield
Few dollars???.....it cost 8$ to get in the joint
Eye candy

Patton, PA

#5 Jul 27, 2010
eddie wrote:
<quoted text>
Few dollars???.....it cost 8$ to get in the joint
Yeah but for 8 bucks you get to check out all the new tats on the area babes walking around in their tube tops while pushing a stroller! Better then Wal Mart!
Sam

Clearfield, PA

#6 Jul 27, 2010
If the state keeps cutting the funds for fairs, there will not be any fairs,soon. That is why everything is getting too expensive at the fairs, this year. I remember the shows had had 2 showing, not one.There is a lot of broke towns out there now..pieces of (SHIT TOWNS)in the country.
Drunk Again

Clearfield, PA

#7 Jul 27, 2010
The working people can't afford to go, but the welfare rats will be there every day.
Loyal Fair-Goer

Altoona, PA

#8 Jul 27, 2010
Very true. The working people can't afford to go to the fair this year. You have to think - A family of 4. Mom, dad and 2 kids...that's $32 just go get into the park, not including parking fees. Then they want to get something to eat, let's say a gyro since we all know they should be $7. That brings the grand total before doing anything else, not even having a drink to $60. Disgusting. I'm going on Sunday for the free day and Saturday to see Jeff Dunham because if you have a show ticket, it includes admission.

Level 2

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#9 Jul 27, 2010
I was at the Clearfield Fair a couple of years ago.
With a large crowd in attendance, I doubt if there was anyone there with a full set of teeth.
Roustabout

Clearfield, PA

#10 Jul 27, 2010
Sam wrote:
If the state keeps cutting the funds for fairs, there will not be any fairs,soon. That is why everything is getting too expensive at the fairs, this year. I remember the shows had had 2 showing, not one.There is a lot of broke towns out there now..pieces of (SHIT TOWNS)in the country.
This year? This isn't somethiung that happened this year. The fair has been pricing themselves out of business for a number of years.
Roustabout

Clearfield, PA

#11 Jul 27, 2010
Oops, I have an extra letter in "something" in case anyone in this town can actually read.
really

Newton, IA

#12 Jul 27, 2010
I cannot believe how much they charge for a show now. 5o some dollars to sit outside, sweating in the grandstands?? No way.
Not a fair goer

Clearfield, PA

#13 Jul 27, 2010
Loyal Fair-Goer wrote:
Very true. The working people can't afford to go to the fair this year. You have to think - A family of 4. Mom, dad and 2 kids...that's $32 just go get into the park, not including parking fees. Then they want to get something to eat, let's say a gyro since we all know they should be $7. That brings the grand total before doing anything else, not even having a drink to $60. Disgusting. I'm going on Sunday for the free day and Saturday to see Jeff Dunham because if you have a show ticket, it includes admission.
You should get a couple gyros with the Dunham ticket ....as much as it costs!!
Not a fair goer

Clearfield, PA

#14 Jul 27, 2010
Drunk Again wrote:
The working people can't afford to go, but the welfare rats will be there every day.
exactly ......with their cell phones, cigs, gyros and fries in hand, those bums live for fair week, Sheetzes will get a lil break...
Not a fair goer

Clearfield, PA

#15 Jul 27, 2010
really wrote:
I cannot believe how much they charge for a show now. 5o some dollars to sit outside, sweating in the grandstands?? No way.
how bout it....the county fair is a joke.....I checked with the fair board 6-8 years ago, was considering sellin a few items, they wanted over $1000.00 to set up a stand, I'm still laughin!
Loyal Fair-Goer

Altoona, PA

#16 Jul 27, 2010
Not a fair goer wrote:
<quoted text> You should get a couple gyros with the Dunham ticket ....as much as it costs!!
AMEN!!!!
clfd grown up

Clearfield, PA

#17 Jul 30, 2010
When I was young it was a tradition for us to all go to the fair. It was my mom and dad and 5 kids. There is no way as a middle class family they could afford to do that now. I think its sad. yes I understand times have changed and things cost more now but $8 to get in?????? I just go to socialize and get a stromboli from Spingolas!!!!!! Oh Well guess I will have to go on Sunday since surprisingly it is still free to get in. My kid had to get a job there to b able to go so he can get a pass to get in. And yes for anyone wondering My husband and I DO have jobs and DON'T receive any form of gov't assistance. Guess that explains why we can't afford to go!!!
Barntard

Clearfield, PA

#18 Jul 30, 2010
clfd grown up wrote:
When I was young it was a tradition for us to all go to the fair. It was my mom and dad and 5 kids. There is no way as a middle class family they could afford to do that now. I think its sad. yes I understand times have changed and things cost more now but $8 to get in?????? I just go to socialize and get a stromboli from Spingolas!!!!!! Oh Well guess I will have to go on Sunday since surprisingly it is still free to get in. My kid had to get a job there to b able to go so he can get a pass to get in. And yes for anyone wondering My husband and I DO have jobs and DON'T receive any form of gov't assistance. Guess that explains why we can't afford to go!!!
You can afford the internet monthly yet not the fair?
clfd grown up

Clearfield, PA

#19 Jul 30, 2010
yes, thank you I can afford the internet. I guess a months worth of entertainment means more to me than a few hours at the nasty, dirty fair! I can't afford to go because I choose to pay my bills instead, yes I know silly me!!! I guess I should not have said I can't afford to go because yes I could, but refuse to pay that much. I apologize for sounding dirt poor as I am not.
Get a clue

Patton, PA

#20 Jul 30, 2010
Not a fair goer wrote:
<quoted text> You should get a couple gyros with the Dunham ticket ....as much as it costs!!
Look at the show themselves. Your admission is included with concert ticket so ZZ Top would be $44. Try to drive 2 - 3 hours and pay less to see them. Good luck. If you don't like ZZ Top - DON'T GO. I guess the fair should get the local bar bands to play so everyone can pay $10 and be happy. Oh wait, then people would complain that the entertainment isn't that good. Everybody wants something for nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clearfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robbie blew the money for sidewalk replacement 32 min Gene Hearts DJ T 11
Karma Daily 36 min wtf 91
Water bill 1 hr tom 1
News Two Clearfield County officers charged over kni... (Feb '08) 2 hr Part time dj 238
Bloom and berry bash a bust 10 hr GeneO Tail Ya 19
News Citizens Raise Concerns Over Sheriff's Voluntee... 13 hr Gene-O Machine-O 313
Cyc 17 hr Please 3

Clearfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Clearfield Mortgages